Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Vettel says

He IS a sore loser.
It has ALWAYS been the rule, when the safety car pits - have until the start finish line 2 begin racin
The lead car BECOMES the safety car - IS controlin the race

Although what bottas did was not wrong on his part, It was not all right to bunch everyone up THAT close to the finish line..

I don't think bottas deserves a flak for this coz this is literally the first time this rule has played against it's self in practice. It is a learning though..

I'm sure they will sit down in the next drivers briefing and work this out amongst each other.. 

I personally think it was right on Vettel's part to point out this farce that could have been avoided.

My immediate reaction was similar. 

In their incident report, the stewards made categorically clear that Bottas was not to blame. It stated "that the driver of car 77 [Bottas] and the other drivers involved in the restart not mentioned, complied with the regulations.

"Car 77 had the right under the regulations to dictate the pace."

37 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

In their incident report, the stewards made categorically clear that Bottas was not to blame. It stated "that the driver of car 77 [Bottas] and the other drivers involved in the restart not mentioned, complied with the regulations.

Lead car is not without some responsibility. False starts never end well.

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Lead car is not without some responsibility. False starts never end well.

Bottas fairly managed the balance between lead car responsibility and his self interest to win. I still wouldn't blame bottas, the safety car turned off its lights way too late for him to create a safe distance from the rest of the cars. This one is a clear human error by either the safety car personnel or FIA on managing the safety car lights.

2 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Bottas fairly managed the balance between lead car responsibility and his self interest to win. I still wouldn't blame bottas, the safety car turned off its lights way too late for him to create a safe distance from the rest of the cars. This one is a clear human error by either the safety car personnel or FIA on managing the safety car lights.

From some videos William's driver should be asked some questions. (Russel is his name?)

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

From some videos William's driver should be asked some questions. (Russel is his name?)

I'm assuming that Russell too is not at fault to be honest, he was following other cars that wanted to benefit from the incidence and it became a hodgepodge of an affair coz everyone was ACCELERATING WHILE avoiding overtaking before the start line.

In the heat of not overtaking before start line, some people braked to hard, but that was just instinctive.

25 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I'm assuming that Russell too is not at fault to be honest,..

I would prefer to have FiA examine data and based on facts, declare they have found nothing out of normalcy. Video was suggestive that investigation would have been legitimate based on visual effects. 

From curiosity, would you also assume the same had that car been #5?

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

From curiosity, would you also assume the same had that car been #5?

Given the predicament the safety car left the drivers in, yes I would.

I can see u have a notion that I have a biased view of Vettel. I vehemently oppose ur perception of me Sakae.

I judge Vettel on his mistakes, and unfortunately, and he makes too many. Then again I don't discount the fact that he is stuck in a s##t-box that that Ferrari is.

He has another opportunity through AM to correct his perception in front of the world, so god be with him.

34 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I would prefer to have FiA examine data and based on facts, declare they have found nothing out of normalcy.

The Fact is that the safety car did not play out its part with normalcy. I'm just hoping FIA acknowledges that and avoids this in future.

I just saw the whole incidence again.

1) The safety car turned of the light RIGHT before the last turn.

2) It seems like it was Ricciardo who was slow of the start behind whome everyone got bunched up, coz the top 5 were way ahead.. This clearly releases bottas of any doubts.. 

22 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Another thing Vettel said that does'nt seem entirely true, according to F1 fans...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/746803/53_Of_F1_Fans_Think_Sebastian_Vettel_Is_Better_Than_Lewis_Hamilton/

Date 2020.11.25   Time 9:23 (UTC)

Better than Hamilton

Surprised.

In my heart - always. Now in public?

I always thought it's my own little secret. Whoa, but I take it.

This begs my next question; how many people actually read this forum as "secret admires"?

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.11.25   Time 9:23 (UTC)

Better than Hamilton

Surprised.

In my heart - always. Now in public?

I always thought it's my own little secret. Whoa, but I take it.

This begs my next question; how many people actually read this forum as "secret admires"?

I wonder if there's drivers that do

I know for fact, that Hamilton was reading Autosport forum. I cannot say if he was just a guest, or an active participant, and whether he still does it, but he was caught at least once perusing that forum. A camera had lenses on him, and then over shoulder quick and short close up, yet sufficient to identify without fail what he was reading.

Lewis is the type of guy who pretends alot. Like "I don't care what others think of me" type of guy... yet is crying into his pillow when people don't like him.

I'd love to say be like Kimi, but God bless his heart, there aren't too many people like him. You can fake it aka Lewis... or you can be genuine and just live your life!