Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN

Team: Alfa Romeo

Base:  Hinwil, Switzerland

Team Chief:  Frédéric Vasseur

Power unit: Ferrari

Drivers:

• Kimi Räikkönen
  • Antonio Giovinazzi

11 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

You know,

I didnt pay much attention to the name with sponsor until you q the use of Afa-Romeo Sauber whatever in another thread. Easily missed...

Information source

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, best way to check 😂

In my thoughts when the moment comes, I am still calling it Sauber. Probably nostalgia. It might not be correct, but it is self-pleasing.

Frédéric Vasseur is one of a few fair and honest to boot individuals in the paddock. I've never seen him engaging in compromising rhetoric, shady deals, or whatever. Kimi was that way more lucky than Seb, and I am happy for him. 

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Frédéric Vasseur is one of a few fair and honest to boot individuals in the paddock. I've never seen him engaging in compromising rhetoric, shady deals, or whatever. Kimi was that way more lucky than Seb, and I am happy for him. 

👊👌

You know.............................

Kimi has grown on me this year, overall, He has shown some real good skills this year. Something I missed in kimi since his McLaren years...

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

You know.............................

Kimi has grown on me this year, overall, He has shown some real good skills this year. Something I missed in kimi since his McLaren years...

Not in the car that's the best. It was magic to see how the team rebuilded after having such a difficult year. I wish driver and the team the best...

Great news. I think Mick S will take the 2nd seat. Kimi can mentor him in his own unique way. Best that Mick sits out the clusterf**k at Ferrari anyway and gets some races and craft under his belt. Who knows, he might end up at Merc one day. Everything it's Ferrari he's going to but it may not be yet.

Date 2020.10.07   Time 8:52 (UTC)

It has been in the air for some time now, but according to Spanish media on Friday it will be announced that Mick Schumacher Kimi Raikkonen will be the drivers of Alfa Romeo in 2021.

One man's career ends (in F1), other one's takes off. Mick has to watch for some hot heads who will have a dead wish to show world they are better than Schumacher. 

Has Mick got into F1 on merit, or because of his family name? That debate is in the offing. I haven't following him, but I might after Sebi throw in a towel.

Date 2020.10.09   Time 9:28 (UTC)

Kimi on Memory Lane

Max Mosley, then president of the governing FIA, was a lone dissenting voice in voting against Raikkonen being granted a super-licence.

I've never liked the man, and more I learn about him, more I feel vindicated.  

56 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

You never liked who? Mosley or Kimi?

Kimi proved Mosley ... wrong

Eh, Mr. Mosley of course.

Date 2020.10.10   Time 7:28 (UTC)

P. v O.:

AlphaTauri boss Franz Tost says Honda protégé Yuki Tsunoda remains a driver of interest for Red Bull despite the Japanese manufacturer's departure from F1 at the end of next season.

In my count there are about 6 drivers interested in 2 seats. Some headlines claim Kimi hasn't signed anything yet either. I thought it's settled for Kimi and Mick, but apparently not so. 

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.10   Time 7:28 (UTC)

P. v O.:

In my count there are about 6 drivers interested in 2 seats. Some headlines claim Kimi hasn't signed anything yet either. I thought it's settled for Kimi and Mick, but apparently not so. 

Option is there for Kimi, he just have'nt made up his mind yet. That's what I deduced...

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

Option are there for Kimi, just have'nt made up his mind yet. That's what I deduced...

Agree. It's just I thought a deal was done, yet it looks like both seats are available. Realistically however under normal conditions, as you say, perhaps only one is for taking. I wonder what's holding him back. I know, he promised his wife honeymoon, but she waited so long, she might wait one year more.

17 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Agree. It's just I thought a deal was done, yet it looks like both seats are available. Realistically however under normal conditions, as you say, perhaps only one is for taking. I wonder what's holding him back. I know, he promised his wife honeymoon, but she waited so long, she might wait one year more.

I guess driving around in the lower midfield is not much fun. I guess it's just the thrill of racing that has kept him going...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I guess driving around in the lower midfield is not much fun. I guess it's just the thrill of racing that has kept him going...

That hasn't occurred to me (I've been lazy thinker lately), but you might be on something. Just mental fatigue to go through motions of having to deal with broken or inadequate equipment, or worrying about crazy juniors around him. He knows better days in his life.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

That hasn't occurred to me (I've been lazy thinker lately), but you might be on something. Just mental fatigue to go through motions of having to deal with broken or inadequate equipment, or worrying about crazy juniors around him. He knows better days in his life.

Nice points

Date 2020.10.30   Time 8:20 (UTC)

Kimi Raikkonen will embark on an impressive 19th season in Formula 1 in 2021 after agreeing to extend his deal with Alfa Romeo for another, with the Finn to be joined once again by Antonio Giovinazzi.

...and that is that!

Next, please.