Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN

On 11/8/2020 at 12:12 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

Go on the veteran...

It IS the older, veteran`s who R, showin the young ens how it is done.
Alonso makin his return.  Gettin aound the world in pursuit of motorsports triple crown.
Kimi STILL on track - NOT just makin up the numbers.
Kimi IS in the REAL battle of F1 - the midfield.
The midfield IS where the action IS.  Mercedes off in the distance, Ferrari works startin 2 regain.
The real battle IS in the midfield .
Red Bull and Honda wantin 2 join the party with Max, though reliablity is the issue.
It WILL B good 2 see Alonso in his Renault possibly fightin with Max in his GP2 engine.

Date 2020.11.08   Time 18:11 (UTC)

You must be either living in the past, or hiding in a cave, totally oblivious to the fact, that Honda rose to be a second best engine in the F1 at the moment, despite working in difficult conditions. Nothing of substance to your claim.

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Red Bull and Honda wantin 2 join the party with Max, though reliabolity is the issue.
It WILL B good 2 see Alonso in his Renault possibly fightin with Max in his GP;2 engine.

19 hours ago, Sakae said:

despite working in difficult conditions.

The SAME conditions as EVERYBODY else, Mercedes seem 2 B managin with the conditions
Ferrari HAVE also progressed in these conditions

19 hours ago, Sakae said:

that Honda rose to be a second best engine in the F1 at the moment

Did Honda really rise or, did the competition just fall away ?
In the V8 era for example there were Cosworth amongst other independents
Though money talks in F1, and Cosworth have NOT been able 2 develop a turbo hybrid PU

3 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I would personally say that Honda took up the challenge of competing with Mercedes, and fared well.

The competition from Ferrari and Renault didn't fall back, thier hands are tied because of the silly token system. Honda realized the advantages of the split turbo and changed thier whole PU to become competitive, again, they are restricted by the token system to not be able to develop the PU further, or they could have matched Merc.

7 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

In the V8 era for example there were Cosworth amongst other independents
Though money talks in F1, and Cosworth have NOT been able 2 develop a turbo hybrid PU

Why deal with conjecture where rivals would be IF, when we know for fact that Honda is doing very well. Whether Honda could do even better, I have no idea.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Honda could do

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Why deal with conjecture

Sakae, U DISMISS the use of.  Though U then instantly subscribe 2 using it URself.

Hello pot, this IS kettle.
U R black

Mick needs to get out as fast as he can, and as far as he can. Junior RB team is one thing, but Haas and Alfa seems dead end for a young driver like Mick. At least IMO. It doesn't look good right now. All good seats are taken for foreseeable future, and there are other drivers waiting for a call. Sending him to Haas, Binotto most likely destroyed Mick's career even before it began. Leclerc is Ferrari's leading man for next 5 years, if not more, and for Mick to overcome that hurdle and dethrone him, he would have to negate seniority, F1 experience, team's bias, and political winds as Italians want an Italian in that seat.  

34 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Mick needs to get out as fast as he can, and as far as he can. Junior RB team is one thing, but Haas and Alfa seems dead end for a young driver like Mick. At least IMO. It doesn't look good right now. All good seats are taken for foreseeable future, and there are other drivers waiting for a call. Sending him to Haas, Binotto most likely destroyed Mick's career even before it began. Leclerc is Ferrari's leading man for next 5 years, if not more, and for Mick to overcome that hurdle and dethrone him, he would have to negate seniority, F1 experience, team's bias, and political winds as Italians want an Italian in that seat.  

I really like your thinking here, and agree on your assesment. Great stuff!

+1

Also agree. Mick would have been in better hands going to Alfa, but Haas a disasterclass of a team and I have no positive outlook for him if he stays there.

Going to the Red Bull family is really his best move, but if that's too cut throat them maybe Mclaren could be a good option. They think of Schumi fondly and did try to sign him.

Reanult/Alpine would be a big fat NON too. I'd advise going anywhere near Alonso as it would also be detrimental.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Money problems in the offing?

Been following. Vasseur acts and speak like a worried man lately. Merger, Performance issues, Financials tops the list

The team deserves better

I like the merging Latin name Stellantis. Unexpected. Majestic. Luxurious (ok, maybe scrap this one)

When asked Is it possible to make friends among other drivers, the Iceman said “For me, Sebastian and Antonio are. Apart from them I don’t have many.”

Kimi has now revealed that he has two friends from the present lineup. One is his ex-teammate Sebastian Vettel and the other one is his current teammate Antonio Giovinazzi.

The ice-man WITH an ice-man answer.
NOT actually answerin the question ASKED.
Givin a response that round about kind of answers the asked question , but actually answers his OWN version of the question.
He did NOT manage 2  get, 2 scoops please in !!

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm shaking as I listen to this... LMAO

https://twitter.com/i/status/1375561950248251394

Yeah, it's amusing, but there could have been a potential risk that he will damage equipment with far reaching consequences if he continues. The engineer on the line despite wanting to keep private issues private, he should have been maybe more forthright why box was essential, in that instant when he realised Kimi is toying with him.  

GP247

Alfa Romeo technical director Jan Monchaux has confirmed that the team will bring updates to Imola, but are now turning their attention to the 2022 sporting regulations.

Quite early...