Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda (2021)

Team: Alfa Romeo

Base:  Faenza, Italy

Team Chief:  Franz Tost

Power unit: Honda

Drivers:

• Pierre Gasly
  • Daniil Kvyat

Date 2020.10.15   Time 4:35 (UTC)

Reuters

Honda-backed Tsunoda, who currently lies third in the F2 standings, will drive a 2018 Toro Rosso car – the latest allowed for such a test – on 4 November after the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix at the Italian circuit.

Is Kvyat' job in danger? This guy has also rollercoaster career in the F1. Tsunoda is supposedly a very good, but I wonder if he play a fallen hero in engine saga, despite all assurances to the contrary.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.15   Time 4:35 (UTC)

Reuters

Is Kvyat' job in danger? This guy has also rollercoaster career in the F1. Tsunoda is supposedly a very good, but I wonder if he play a fallen hero in engine saga, despite all assurances to the contrary.

Heard he's quite fast, but so is Kvyat...

Date 2020.10.20   Time 7:25 (UTC)

Tuesday 20 Oktober at 08:35 : Oct.20 (GMM) Dr Helmut Marko has confirmed that Yuki Tsunoda is on course to make his Formula 1 debut in 2021.

It is an open secret that the 20-year-old Japanese, a F2 frontrunner promoted by both Honda and Red Bull, is a leading candidate to move onto the grid next year with Alpha Tauri.

I look forward to observe his progress. It simply took too long for someone to represent Japan.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.20   Time 7:25 (UTC)

I look forward to observe his progress. It simply took too long for someone to represent Japan.

Same here. Exciting prospect from what I've read about him...

Date 2020.12.07   Time 8:37 (UTC)

Talks about switch do continue. Yuki Tsunoda in, and Russian out?

We will not be able to avoid comparison between Yuki and Mick (hopefully) next season. Yuki is yet to be confirmed. I don't wish to make excuses for Mick even before a season starts, but old and lovely Minardi seems a better team with more technical know-how compared to American Haas, so Yuki will be inevitably in a better place.

I think Yuki (snow) is a given name. Japanese have custom to write family name first, but in this case I think it is written as Europeans do. So, it's Snow (err Yuki) and Mick. Any Japanese reader can correct me, if necessary. I would appreciate that.

Date 2020.12.16   Time 9:11 (UTC)

ALPHATAURI: GOODBYE DANIIL KVYAT, HELLO YUKI TSUNODA

Let's celebrate. I know that I am, as I consider Japan my 3rd home close to my heart.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.16   Time 9:11 (UTC)

Let's celebrate. I know that I am, as I consider Japan my 3rd home close to my heart.

From what I read about him, he's.. quite fast. Hope he performs well

Can Yuki Tsunoda follow Vettel's path to stardom? Slim, very slim chance this time around for him. Pierre is no slouch, and then Verstappen looks for top spot. Several articles do suggest (with F1 iron clad "credibility") that Verstappen is on his way to replace retiring Hamilton after this season, and Gasly moving up a notch. I am interested to find out what Perez will show in that mix.  
I like colours of that car. Looks sophisticated.

AlphaTauri takes covers off 2021 F1 car, the AT02
It looks VERY similar to The Mclaren Honda MP4 
Coincidence or DID Honda just repeat what they WON with 
Making fit 2 current regulations B4 they bow out of F1 - AGAIN

you just got to love this guy...

"Tsunoda who at the time was taking part in his first official session in Formula 1 vented his frustrations over the team radio after being impeded by traffic during one of his hot laps. "Come on I got f***ing traffic," Tsunoda shouted in response to the incident. The Japanese driver however explained that swearing is something he will try to quell as the season progresses."I always try to be calmer in every session, so this is like my weakest point," Tsunoda told Crash.net."Also on the mentality side, I was swearing a lot and losing focus, so I’m trying to train myself not to swear a lot but I was a bit too emotional in FP1. "In FP2 there was no swearing, so a good step for me from FP1! That’s good."

It's ok to swear Tsunoda, everyone does it in F1

BRAWN: TSUNODA IS BEST ROOKIE F1 HAS HAD FOR YEARS

Forgive me, but this is far from clever. Is Mr. Brawn still interested in fishing, maybe he should try it again.

First of all, Yuki is everything and more. Nice guy with potential to be perhaps even first Japanese WDC. That's how I've accepted him very early.

Problem is today, and why Brawn feels he needs to put down consequently Mick Schumacher (another rookie)? Effectively that's what he is doing. 

WT*.

Yuki is driving different equipment which permits him to shine. In fact, I rated his team to finish ahead of AM (AM on P7 among teams).

Has Mick the same opportunity with Haas to deserve that kind of language? Of course not, so what's the big idea? What does young Mick thinks now about this man, whom he trusted to be friend of his family?

Forget him, that's my take!

Mr. Brawn, golf and fishing is waiting for you. Good bye.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Mr. Brawn, golf and fishing is waiting for you. Good bye.

Indeed Y IS Brawn STILL hangin around F1?? 
He sold UP 2 Mercedes, NO LONGER has a part IN F1.
Take UR money and GO away.

I really like this guy...

"My father is quite a big Fernando fan, especially his driving style," Tsunoda explained.

"My father likes how he drives - I think the first time he saw him was in Suzuka and he said he was the best driver on the grid.

"I was of course aiming for Fernando and I drove with him a couple of laps and I learned from him how he managed the tyres, how he drives every corner.

"After I passed him I tried to copy how he was driving and a couple of corners was better for my car as well. The things I learned from him was very big for the future."

Very perceptive and forward thinker