Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Haas F1 Team (2021)

Date 2020.09.16   Time 7:37 (UTC)

As of this day, driver line up for next year remains unconfirmed. F1 ever interfering media decided there has to be change. 

I for one think UK is far too much overrepresented, and not for the best for this sport. We need French and Danish involvement IMO.

I think both drivers should go. I know u're an advocate for Grosjean, but he looks pretty... midfield driver to me, don't think he can drive the team forward like a Kimi, Hamilton, Vettel or Verstappen.

Bring in Checo and hopefully... the Hulk

Haas with their philosophy is lower end midfield, and any driver would break their teeth trying to pull the rope for them. I wonder if ever Gro had actually received a fair chance in this series when he was trying to establish his way in racing. Media unfortunately created a lot of hateful rhetoric around him, doubtfully fair or accurate. They have done it to more non-British drivers, yet Brawn is telling us today, how false perception that was.

Too little, too late, Sir. 

Date 2020.09.25   Time 10:52 (UTC)

Rumors, rumors, and rumors...

grandprix

There are rumors at Sochi that Haas has already signed a preliminary contract with Sergio Perez.

...another rumor - Haas to Renault?

Now when Kimi might be joined (possibly) by Mick, Hulk and Perez to Haas is not that far fetched speculation. Plan is for Mick take a car for spin in Germany.

Date 2020.09.30   Time 14:45 (UTC)

I am having difficulty to establish without doubts whether Steiner should learn how to deal with a French national and his approach to life, or Grosjean should try harder to come in grips with (not that easy) life with the team he is driving for. He is in UK, surrounded by British-US personnel, all run by the Italian and American owner. There is a lot to unpack in this configuration.

Forget yesteryears man Alonso, and have him move to a French team. 

Date 2020.10.01   Time 9:08 (UTC)

WT....

NO!

It was clear to me from start, that Stroll is setting poisonous precedent. Development is not good for fans.

The War of the Billionaires Daddies has come to Formula 1 as Uralkali, led by Russian industrial oligarch Dmitry Mazepin, and Racing Point, fronted by Canadian clothing tycoon Lawrence Stroll, are set to face-off in court late next year.

Uralkali alleges they made a much better offer than the Stroll-led consortium for the stricken Force India F1 team to administrators FRP Advisory LLP [being sued as detailed in the statement below] and as a result Racing Point emerged from the near ashes of Vijay Mallya’s former team.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.01   Time 9:08 (UTC)

WT....

NO!

It was clear to me from start, that Stroll is setting poisonous precedent. Development is not good for fans.

In this case, I am happy, because Vettel has gotten a drive with Stroll team. It was ultimately Stroll's decision...

Further to your point, F1 has always remained an elite sport, I see no problem with a Billionnaire buying a F1 team so his son can have drive. There are also some remarkable cases. Hamilton, who was "subsidised" by Ron Dennis and his father worked 2 jobs to help his son' racing career...

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

In this case, I am happy, because Vettel has gotten a drive with Stroll team. It was ultimately Stroll's decision...

Further to your point, F1 has always remained an elite sport, I see no problem with a Billionnaire buying a F1 team so his son can have drive. There are also some remarkable cases. Hamilton, who was "subsidised" by Ron Dennis and his father worked 2 jobs to help his son' racing career...

Merit based financial support of a driver is not an issue with me.

A gifted driver who has financially struggled through lower series, yet in the last step he gets parked because a drive is handed over to a son of the owner based on blood relationship, is another matter.  I don't see it as a positive development. Potential for really bad situations is massive. We get upset when TP favors one of the drivers over the other one. Just wait how TP will treat owner's son.

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Merit based financial support of a driver is not an issue with me.

A gifted driver who has financially struggled through lower series, yet in the last step he gets parked because a drive is handed over to a son of the owner based on blood relationship, is another matter.  I don't see it as a positive development. Potential for really bad situations is massive. We get upset when TP favors one of the drivers over the other one. Just wait how TP will treat owner's son.

I don't see it as a problem Sakae, since there's another driver that do get a drive.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I don't see it as a problem Sakae, since there's another driver that do get a drive.

You may find people who will argue that a wrong driver will be leaving RP end of this year. It's not difficult to guess why...

That's the very argument why perhaps father-son relationship is not that ideal as it sounds. At least I think so.

I can do however nothing about it, and people who can, aren't interested, because financial aspects seems to be more important to them.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

You may find people who will argue that a wrong driver will be leaving RP end of this year. It's not difficult to guess why...

That's the very argument why perhaps father-son relationship is not that ideal as it sounds. At least I think so.

I can do however nothing about it, and people who can, aren't interested, because financial aspects seems to be more important to them.

I think son Stroll do indeed have some talent, he's not on Checo's level yet, but he is performing well. That's why I think bringing Vettel in is a masterstroke, Vettel is very helpful, and son Stroll will learn a great deal. Not only the driver, but also the team

Date 2020.10.20   Time 7:33 (UTC)

Opinion of someone close to insider:

Peter Nygaard, the F1 correspondent for Denmark's BT newspaper, said: "I am 99.9 percent sure that Kevin Magnussen's Formula 1 career will end with the season finale in Abu Dhabi on December 13.

"Haas will replace both Magnussen and Romain Grosjean, and the Dane has no realistic opportunities elsewhere in the Formula 1 field of 2021."

That speculation is around for a while. Many driver candidates for a few available seats.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.20   Time 7:33 (UTC)

Opinion of someone close to insider:

That speculation is around for a while. Many driver candidates for a few available seats.

Enter Checo? I don't think he will like the idea of being stuck in a Williams who's at the lower end of the grid, as some articles are suggesting he'll be replacing Russel.

29 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Enter Checo? I don't think he will like the idea of being stuck in a Williams who's at the lower end of the grid, as some articles are suggesting he'll be replacing Russel.

Perez to Haas???

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Why not? 😁

Absolutely, why not is right. He deserves better than that, but sometimes we can't have what we deserve. 

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Absolutely, why not is right. He deserves better than that, but sometimes we can't have what we deserve. 

As I said, I read reports Checo will be replacing George Russel, an young star of the future. Say what?? to Williams???

I bet he'de rather be fighting in upper midfield always improving with and as a team...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

As I said, I read reports Checo will be replacing George Russel, an young star of the future. Say what?? to Williams???

I bet he'de rather be fighting in upper midfield always improving with and as a team...

Date 2020.10.20   Time 18:45 (UTC)

Brad, I will believe he is with Williams only after he and team officially confirms that.

Meanwhile Haas is still interested in him. We have truck load of those sure thing predictions this year. (Season is slow). As of today, I think odds for Haas seats in 2021 are Perez and Hulk of son of Russian oligarch.

Date 2020.10.21   Time 8:02 (UTC)

OneStopStrategy:

Luigi Perna and Mario Salvini, writing in Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport, believes Mazepin's teammate will be Mick Schumacher.

We are supposedly a few days from confirmation of drivers line up for next year at Haas. I am surprised, because some reports claimed Mick was "shoe-in" to partner Kimi. Perez under those circumstance might be really in trouble (like Seb a while ago).

Hat off to Brad for calling it (possibly) right. 

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.21   Time 8:02 (UTC)

OneStopStrategy:

We are supposedly a few days from confirmation of drivers line up for next year at Haas. I am surprised, because some reports claimed Mick was "shoe-in" to partner Kimi. Perez under those circumstance might be really in trouble (like Seb a while ago).

Hat off to Brad for calling it (possibly) right. 

Emphasis on possibly.. 😂

I can't imagine the grid without Hulk and Perez next year. It would be really great if they can end up both at Haas, barring (son of Russian oligarch). I can't see them anywhere else at the moment

Mick Schumacher (Micheal`s son) would NOT guarantee success.
Ralf Schumacher (Micheal`s brother) were NOT a success.
The ONLY guarantee IS, publicity WILL come to the Haas F1 team.
That is ALL Haas really need.
Like at Williams the attention WILL soon fade, UNLESS there IS success on track.
Can NOT leave off a name forever.  William`s also had the Hill name with Damon Hill.
Equally Damon did NOT perform on track. successfully like Graham (Hill) DID.