Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Haas F1 Team (2021)

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Apart from Mick, good spot Sakae. But then, another pay driver

Michael at Benetton had a different start compared to his son. Strong professionals, and a good car. I have distinct recollection on moments when he was giving my hero (then Alain) hard time. I was at the track a few times when Alain, Michael and Senna were 3 to watch. Mick is lacking even 1/3 kind of support what Hamilton received at McLaren from RD since he was 12. Mick is already about 9 - 10 years older and his team..? One at the back. I am hesitant to stay optimistic about his chances in F1. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Michael at Benetton had a different start compared to his son. Strong professionals, and a good car. I have distinct recollection on moments when he was giving my hero (then Alain) hard time. I was at the track a few times when Alain, Michael and Senna were 3 to watch. Mick is lacking even 1/3 kind of support what Hamilton received at McLaren from RD since he was 12. Mick is already about 9 - 10 years older and his team..? One at the back. I am hesitant to stay optimistic about his chances in F1. 

We can only hope.

He will do much better in the Marketing Scheme of Things. Great Brand Awareness

Date 2020.12.01   Time 9:04 (UTC)

Mazepin to Haas: A place in Formula 1 without a championship to his name

Who said that money cannot buy happiness? Sooner or later F1 becomes a playground for boys with rich fathers. Well, it could turn out that way.

Date 2020.12.02   Time 6:48 (UTC)

In an hour or so, Haas is expected to announce Mick Schumacher as a driver for (at least) 2021.

Firstly, (advanced) congratulation getting into F1, a place where your father - my hero of many years - was a king once. 

Secondly, I am sorry it has to be Haas. Probably the (second?) weakest team currently on the grid. It is not how your father started, but with some perseverance, get noticed - in good way - and hopefully you will move on.

Thirdly, forget Ferrari. They already have their primate and there is no point to strive to be his servant. Mercedes as a German entity is better goal for conquering the world of F1 in more honest manner over what we see today.

Sincere good luck to you, Mick. 

https://twitter.com/SchumacherMick/status/1334046911653941248/photo/1

He chooses A car No. 47 

Schumacher still belongs to Ferrari: 'Will continue to follow his progress'

That's rather unfortunate. Strange headline. Is Schumacher an item that can be purchased or sold and then tossed as an old broom? 

On 12/2/2020 at 8:59 AM, Sakae said:

Is Schumacher an item that can be purchased or sold and then tossed as an old broom?

Contractual speakin, YES

13 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Contractual speakin, YES

In Anglo-world humans are objects. In normal countries humans are, well, humans. They aren't owned, but be part of and organisation, and so on.

On 12/2/2020 at 10:59 AM, Sakae said:

That's rather unfortunate. Strange headline. Is Schumacher an item that can be purchased or sold and then tossed as an old broom? 

Almost seems a commodity yes. The curse of following in his famous father's footsteps. He will be scrutinized and compared... every little bit.

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

Almost seems a commodity yes. The curse of following in his famous father's footsteps. He will be scrutinized and compared... every little bit.

Latest - some are predicting that Binotto sending him to Haas (instead Sauber next to Kimi) effectively destroyed his carreer even before it started.  

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Latest - some are predicting that Binotto sending him to Haas (instead Sauber next to Kimi) effectively destroyed his carreer even before it started.  

U mean too big too soon?

24 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

U mean too big too soon?

More like a dead end, rather than a spring board to better future.

Ferrari has told us who is representing their future, and it isn't Mick Schumacher. 

RBR has its fortunes tied to Verstappen.

I also think Renault and AM aren't going anywhere.

Hard to tell what MB will do, but they should kick Hamilton and alike to the curb and start thinking more like a German company which they are, and start hiring home grown prospects. (My wishful thinking.) Problem is, two major actors aren't Germans. One at the helm is (I think) a Swede, and the other one is an Austrian married to a Scottish lady, and having home in Switzerland. They haven't shown any interest to look at German prospects, despite making comfortable living off German money. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

In Anglo-world humans are objects

Indeed humans R things OR entities  
The cat sat on the mat = 2 MORE entities.  The observed entities being:
       1) cat
       2) mat 
ALL  things IN the human-world R things/entities NOTHIN new
IF U can touch it, it IS a thing/entity

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

1) cat
       2) mat 

That's just way too deep for me Ms Lipstick...

But I get your gist...

11 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

1) cat
       2) mat 

Well in my world we treat humans (your objects) with different degrees of reverence, which perhaps distinguishes us from animal world. That might be a foreign concept for you, which is reflecting how you talk about Vettel for example, so let's leave it there, and move back to racing..

Verstappen has serious chance to win this race, unless Bottas will be allowed to race (for a change). 

I am left to guessing if Vettel will be permitted to make it into Q2, thanks to cheerfulness of the team's boss and his supplicants, or will be left to stay in P15 (just to put him in his place, so he knows who the boss is).

Date 2020.12.04   Time 19:28 (UTC)

FERRARI MOVE SIMONE RESTA TO HAAS TO JOIN SCHUMACHER

So, no one gets fired, eh? We have much more subtle method how we project ourselves in public, yet achieve the same outcome.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Verstappen has serious chance to win this race, unless Bottas will be allowed to race (for a change). 

I respectfully DISAGREE, 
It WILL show that it IS the HIGH performin CAR - NOT the MIGHTY Hamilton performin HIGH.
A rookie WILL just, jump in & DOMINATE -  HIGHLIGHTING just how LITTLE the "GREAT" Hamilton IS worth.
Good job Hamilton already HAS a HIGH salary contract IN his pocket

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

left to stay in P15 (just to put him in his place, so he knows who the boss is).

I respectfully DISAGREE
... in P15 - 2 justify HIS requested salary and ability.
Rusell WILL B the rookie - Vettel IS the STAR, time 4 Vetell 2 PROVE once and for ALL
HIS skill, and NOT just the Newey-RedBull superiority 

42 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

I respectfully DISAGREE
... in P15 - 2 justify HIS requested salary and ability.
Rusell WILL B the rookie - Vettel IS the STAR, time 4 Vetell 2 PROVE once and for ALL
HIS skill, and NOT just the Newey-RedBull superiority 

I think you don't understand my sarcasm (no one does, so maybe I should stop it).

Of course Vettel is better than where he is now, however I am also with those who are suspicious of Ferrari, that they are really not very helpful to him. He is receiving a lot of lip service, but not materialistic such as a stable car, strategy and setup. Some of the stuff is hard to take and forgive. His in-race requests are simply ignored. 

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

I think you don't understand my sarcasm (no one does, so maybe I should stop it).

Of course Vettel is better than where he is now, however I am also with those who are suspicious of Ferrari, that they are really not very helpful to him. He is receiving a lot of lip service, but not materialistic such as a stable car, strategy and setup. Some of the stuff is hard to take and forgive. His in-race requests are simply ignored. 

And if the in-race request are being ignored for all to see, what's going on behind the scenes...

15 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

And if the in-race request are being ignored for all to see, what's going on behind the scenes...

Only 2 races to go, Brad, and not a moment too soon. 

Mick Schumacher Wins Formula Two Title At Bahrain

Now the F1. Good luck to you, Mr. Schumacher.

On 12/4/2020 at 9:33 PM, Sakae said:

Of course Vettel is better than where he is now, however I am also with those who are suspicious of Ferrari, that they are really not very helpful to him

It WILL cost Ferrari MORE $$$ To B helpful to Vettel.

17 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

It WILL cost Ferrari MORE $$$ To B helpful to Vettel.

I don't see why would be that, but who cares this late in the season? Damage is done, and I am not sure whether Ferrari looks today much more better than Sebastian. His story of 2020 will go in to history in fashion and context depending who will be telling it. His self confidence got pretty bad shake, no doubt about it.