Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Alpine (Renault works) F1 Team 2021

Team: Renault DP World F1 Team

Base: Enstone, United Kingdom

Team Chief: Cyril Francois Roger Abiteboul 

Power Unit: Renault

Drivers:

• Esteban Ocon
  • Daniel Ricciardo

Renault

Renault will rename its Formula 1 team after its Alpine brand for the 2021 season. Alpineis a niche French sportscar marque that has long associations with Renault. The company is aiming to promote it as the performance end of its road-car range.

Date 2020.09.30   Time 9:33 (UTC)

Is Renault going to move up on the grid? They have some interesting results on their score card. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.30   Time 9:33 (UTC)

Is Renault going to move up on the grid? They have some interesting results on their score card. 

I personally think this is as good as they will get.. Renault and Ferrari's Turbo disadvantage will hold them back till 2021. And honestly unless F1 and FIA allow some leeway in Engine Regs in 2022, Renault and Ferrari Powered cars will hold a disadvantage over Merc and Honda with Merc having the Ultimate edge.

Renault definitely seem to have an upper hand over Ferrari at the moment.

Having said that, I really hope to see Dany on at least 1 podium this year,, Actually I just want to see that tattoo on Cyril :laughing:

Date 2020.10.07   Time 18:14 (UTC)

Alonso is suppose to test 2020 vehicle on the German track. Is Renault going to built now a racer around Alonso (as he had it in Ferrari), to the detriment of Ocon, or they will find balance between those two drivers?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.07   Time 18:14 (UTC)

Alonso is suppose to test 2020 vehicle on the German track. Is Renault going to built now a racer around Alonso (as he had it in Ferrari), to the detriment of Ocon, or they will find balance between those two drivers?

I think I'm a genius. I know exactly which way this is going to swing...

10 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think I'm a genius. I know exactly which way this is going to swing...

Nobel prices are gone, Brad. When Cyril Abiteboul (TP) said about experienced Alonso will help them to built a better car, which would be noble aim under any circumstances, however based on his historical patterns building better cars, I thought Ocon should be deeply concerned. 

Looks like Alonso likes F1 car. Pity we cannot get full story how he feels about new Renault. (Maybe first question today should be - how is your neck?)

Date 2020.10.16   Time 10:06 (UTC)

Strange headlines.

Gasly ‘eyeing Renault seat next to Alonso’

What is that suppose to mean? I have nothing against Gasly, but I didn't know that Ocon is an endangered species at Renault. One French man replacing another? Why not take Alonso out from line up? Lord knows Alonso is in age when he could sit on a bench, enjoy the movie, and play with his grand kids.

On 10/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, Sakae said:

Lord knows Alonso is in age when he could sit on a bench, enjoy the movie, and play with his grand kids.

Yet he is there... Wanting to Race.

Lets say fortune (Lord) favors the brave. So bring it onn...

On 9/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, blackpebel said:

I personally think this is as good as they will get.. Renault and Ferrari's Turbo disadvantage will hold them back till 2021. And honestly unless F1 and FIA allow some leeway in Engine Regs in 2022, Renault and Ferrari Powered cars will hold a disadvantage over Merc and Honda with Merc having the Ultimate edge.

Renault definitely seem to have an upper hand over Ferrari at the moment.

Having said that, I really hope to see Dany on at least 1 podium this year,, Actually I just want to see that tattoo on Cyril :laughing:

Danny DID it - on the podium !!

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Danny DID it - on the podium !!

:rock::congrats: Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date 2020.10.31   Time 11:21 (UTC)

One Stop..

Saturday 31 Oktober at 08:35 : Oct.31 (GMM) Racing Point vetoed Fernando Alonso's participation in the end of season 'young driver test' in Abu Dhabi.

My apology for being succinct after reading news.

WTF?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.31   Time 11:21 (UTC)

One Stop..

My apology for being succinct after reading news.

WTF?

Come on Sakae, the guy is... young in spirit. :P:whistling::snigger:

FIA makes exception to rules for Alonso

This is no good. Rules should apply to all without exception. This rulling is however a slippery slope. Once you start, where it ends? Next time someone else will ask for exemption for something else, and before too long any rules will become utter joke and meaningless. Just like contracts are these days. 

Indeed Sakae  rules R rules
HAVE 2 start on the SAME tyres, as qualified ...
> Car goes into Park Ferme
Just because the car IS in Park Ferme - where R the rules HAVE 2 use THAT car  ??
These mechanics R FAST guys
On the way 2 the grid WHEN released from Park Ferme ...
Switch car, put the QUALIFYIN tyes ON
It IS consistent WITH the rules !!! 
Can Open, worms  everywhere !!!

Alpine are doomed. Alonso will steer them off in his weird "front end" black hole and they will waste years trying to do what Alonso asks for... only to see no benefits. Once Alonso is gone they will then have to re-do everything to try to catchup to where they used to be.

Plus the team is run by Cyril. Seeing how rude and disrespectful he was to Kimi, I wish him nothing but glorious failure and humiliation. It's amazing how many team principals keeps their jobs when clearly results don't seem to matter.

It is not a bad idea to let drivers to test, but then make it so for everyone who wants it, not just Alonso. Change rules first.

I am sure Sainz wants to test this year car, or Vettel RP, and probably many more.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

or Vettel RP

Y would Vettel want to test the RP (Racing Point?)  It WILL B Aston Martin Next Year when Vettel joins

47 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Y would Vettel want to test the RP (Racing Point?)  It WILL B Aston Martin Next Year when Vettel joins

Yes, noted.

In my mind I am not as much interested in comparative studies between him and Perez, as Vettel having opportunity to test car balance with all trimming they already have for next year. That would be marevelous.

Rumour is rumour, but certain person from RB to move? Well, maybe. I am not however sure whether it is necessary. Maybe as frequent consultant, but current guys in the design office seems to doing well even without Newey. Good thing about having Newey's hand in design as I see it, he knows what Sebastian wants and needs.

10 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

only to see no benefit

It worked though previously in the V8 era, when Alonso DID get his WDC`S for Renault. - that WERE benefit SEEN.

On 12/2/2020 at 7:57 PM, Sakae said:

This is no good. Rules should apply to all without exception. This rulling is however a slippery slope. Once you start, where it ends? Next time someone else will ask for exemption for something else, and before too long any rules will become utter joke and meaningless. Just like contracts are these days. 

Yes Mr Russel.. You are rightly... confused. So are we...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/74063/norris-critical-of-alonso-s-abu-dhabi-test.html

18 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes Mr Russel.. You are rightly... confused. So are we...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/74063/norris-critical-of-alonso-s-abu-dhabi-test.html

Sad, but hardly surprising. With some effort we could find past cases when FiA made exception to this person (sometimes I think only) based on his popularity. Playing fans in one group against other in this business is an old tradition. Liberty, and FiA' F1 branch aren't different from CVC, BE and his buddies in FiA. After all, being fair and on the level is soooo boring for New World Order. 

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sad, but hardly surprising. With some effort we could find past cases when FiA made exception to this person (sometimes I think only) based on his popularity. Playing fans in one group against other in this business is an old tradition. Liberty, and FiA' F1 branch aren't different from CVC, BE and his buddies in FiA. After all, being fair and on the level is soooo boring for New World Order. 

I'm going to give you a compliment...

You have a knack of putting things quite... succinctly, and to the point. I have nothing to add but agree...

Just my personal view

Date 2020.12.15   Time 18:48 (UTC)

YDT - Was Alonso driving the 2020 Renault racer during testing?

I am only interested because of a claim that he was supposedly faster than Renault's regular drivers. If a such claim is made, then I do assume he had the same car, so results are comparable. 

This begs however a question - are drivers exhausted when they reach the end of season, thus when a rested driver hopes in, he can be faster?  

Alonso not only topped the timesheets ahead of the Mercedes, RBR et al., he was even faster than Ricciardo and Ocon qualifying times. LOL. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.