Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Alpine (Renault works) F1 Team 2021

On 12/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, Sakae said:

Sad, but hardly surprising. With some effort we could find past cases when FiA made exception to this person (sometimes I think only) based on his popularity. Playing fans in one group against other in this business is an old tradition. Liberty, and FiA' F1 branch aren't different from CVC, BE and his buddies in FiA. After all, being fair and on the level is soooo boring for New World Order. 

There is a lot of confusion about what is Fair and What is Equal.

Mercedes has probably held a gun against FIA for 'Equalizing' the   Ruuules   &    Regulationsssss ,, so that everyone sticks to the book about the how PU development should be handled under the constrains of the F@#Kin 'Tokken system' .... But is THAT 'Fair'??? Is that fair to the Sport???

If the brains and conscience used by FIA and the F1 management in making THIS decision, were used before, They could have eased up on the Engine regulations while applying some logic to the need of the Sport. And helped Ferrari or Renault to come to an equal footing by giving them an extra Tokken Or 2 against this biased framework, would you have not liked to see THAT?

Equality is more often than not confused with Fairness.

A Vettel Winning a championship with a Ferrari in 2017 because FIA used common-Sense in handling the stupid tokken system! I bet that would have been fine with a certain section of the F1 Fan-field.. I know that It would have been fair according to me!

But a Mid-field Team, handicapped with a faulty tokken system, testing an old F1 driver to get in on Equal footing to others, seems Unfair to us today,,, because it is NOT Equal,, ??...

This is just a point of view or a perception made out of pre-judgements.

Alonso has left a lot behind for people to have pre-judgements against him..

Its unfortunate that his reputation precedes him and his skills.

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

This begs however a question - are drivers exhausted when they reach the end of season, thus when a rested driver hopes in, he can be faster?

I am guessing its quite the opposite.

Drivers, just like any other athletes, perform at peak while actively practicing,, rather than Not.

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Orange, yellow, pink ... not my cup of coffee.

As an aside, Orange btw is now the official "look out for`" colour for designers 2021. So expect to see alot of orange type designs everywhere. Funny how it is...

46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

OMG.

Simulating the glory Alonso days. Renault, or rather Alpine now, has been on an upward trajectory. I much admit I'm not a fan of  Abiteboul, he's done... ok. I would've liked to see how the team performed this year with him at the helm... for another year.

It's like Mercedes. Hard work was done under Brawn and Schumacher, and then when the team saw light at the distance, new driver just waltzed in, and claimed the glory. I feel sorry for Abi, but we live in throat cutting world absent of fairness and compassion.

Cyril Abiteboul must have some bad fallout with new management. It seems he is out not only from the F1, but from all divisions of Renault. Really bad timing to look for a job right now. 

Why?

F1 off. site:

When Renault returned to Formula 1 as a works team in 2016, they had some pretty lofty ambitions. They wanted a podium within three years (2018) and to be a contender for the title in their fifth season (2020).

Cyril's performance audit: F/F on both counts. That's the reason why he is leaving. 

I'm glad Cyril is gone. But it's Alan Permane's head I want the most. I'm still displeased with him due to how disrespectful he was to Kimi during his last year with Faux Lotus.

I was not at all surprised by the departure of Abiteboul. It was clear from get go that he was holding a lot of strings while threatening to run a blade over them if people did not agree with him... 

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/79234/abiteboul-will-not-be-missed-he-is-a-rascal-a-crook.html

HERE , is the original thread I had opened with a certain heading,, somewhat on the lines of why Abiteboul must leave.. the above 👆 link is the exact reason why I wanted to specifically call out Cyrill for his actions..

This forum can really use allowing creative freedom rested upon patrons as long as it does not involve use of foul language.

This forum allows for "creative freedom" more than most public bulletin boards I know. Some referenced language concerning Mr. Abiteboul seems rather incendiary and substantively libellous. I am in genuine doubt that Mr. Plooij would win that court case, if it came to it, and I have no intention to test my theory about it in here. Having said that, I doubt about veracity of linked claims. French company would not tolerate such behaviour for so many years. 

Mr. Abiteboul was placed into no winning position from GETGO. Oversold team Renault purchased in UK was nothing more than badly managed warehouse. Add all restrictions on development, low budget he was working on, hybrids, ... I can add all up and think - better him than me. With restructuring, now Alpine, move signifies a symbolic and structural change how business is managed under new CEO.

People come, and people go. That's F1, such is business world. (BTW, so I read about Mr. Binotto's future coming soon - maybe as soon as next week.restructuring)

On 3/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, Sakae said:

This forum allows for "creative freedom" more than most public bulletin boards I know.

Under my own personal experience (and there is a lot from outside this space),,,  I beg to defer.

Some referenced language concerning Mr. Abiteboul seems rather incendiary and substantively libellous.

The use of the language was specific in case of Mr Abiteboul, and how he has behaved, and he hasn't been at his best behavior to deserve all the kind words to be honest... It was Cyrille who seemed to be overly uptight and arrogant around other TP's as if he owned the Renault F1 division with his own private money.

It was tasteless how he jabbed an insensitive remark to Christian when they were leaving Renault.. 

The way he handeled the Redbull situation was down right immature and lacked taste and personality for someone of that stature. All Those interview's besides Horner, Just because he could not offer a politically correct statement, he would choose to say something offensive,, because Cyrille...

People come, and people go.

Not always, some People simply retire, with dignity, cant say that about Cyrille Unfortunately..  His dignity was shaved off by his general ignorance and arrogance.

Anyways,, nothing personal against him, he just didn't do justice to the resources he had available at Renault. Hope he learns from this, I wish him best for his future endeavors.. 

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

This forum can really use allowing creative freedom rested upon patrons as long as it does not involve use of foul language.

It would be helpful (at least to me) if you could cite an example where "creative freedom" of posters was suppressed on this forum, rather than merely talking in abstract terms.

In respect to Renault and public lynching of Cyril Abiteboul; I am not going to deal with that. I feel differently than most, because that's not a man I heard about (a lot) in the past. In respect to his relationship with RBR, there are two sides of the story, and there is enough in public domain about RB' behaviour towards its engine supplier. If it didn't make some people happy, I am not surprised. You of course see only one side, at least that's my perception of your position as stated. It's very creative, but that's fine. I am however done with that subject; no minds would be changed.

On 3/6/2021 at 6:00 PM, blackpebel said:

In what sense. 

We encourage open debate where I hope the goal ultimately is to reach consenses, often involving some robust engagements. Hopefully then we can understand the world a little better. We respect your opnion and gone so far to open poll to reach a particular conclusion.

In the case of Abiteboul, I think Sakae has isome really interesting views, which usually goes againts the grain of headline news. He is merely stating his opinion from his galleries/gatherings of information. He usually turns up on the correct side of things, from my experience/perspective.

I learn alot from you, especially in technical terms, so I really don't think there is any attempt/intention to deliberately flout creative freedom on "patrons", you or Ms Lipstick. On the contrary, I consider us being quite lenient.

It would help, as Sake suggest, to show us an example.

On 12/30/2020 at 9:41 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

As an aside, Orange btw is now the official "look out for`" colour for designers 2021.

Does that include, papaya ?

Indeed probably Y Mclaren went for the specifically  Papaya approach instead of Orange.
Which makes me think of a marketin possibility for alpine - 
Abondance Alpine Cheese
Cheesy marketin I admit !! Whoopah

abondanceAlpineCheeseJpg.jpg