Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Alpine (Renault works) F1 Team 2021

On 12/16/2020 at 2:04 AM, blackpebel said:

Drivers, just like any other athletes, perform at peak while actively practicing,, rather than Not.

Indeed part of the reason MOST teams have private circuits, or hire the use of facilities - to keep drivers active.
Whilst in season testing IS banned.  Can use an old chassis / whatever on formula 3/4 tracks.
2 keep driver fitness levels up.

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

On the contrary, I consider us being quite lenient.

It would help, as Sake suggest, to show us an example.

Thank you both for offering to hear my concerns out. I have been a part of this forum for well over a decade, and I guess I would like to see it flourish. I personally see this open minded approach of chalking out the niggles as a welcoming sign to help evolve the overall outlook we carry on this forum going forward.

Brad, Ill drop you a DM with some of these instances I think are worth noting. Decisions for these said instances, I think, are worth re-visiting. I leave it up to your best judgement to discuss this further, if you may. 

Looking forward to some healthy debates in 2021..

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Thank you both for offering to hear my concerns out. I have been a part of this forum for well over a decade, and I guess I would like to see it flourish. I personally see this open minded approach of chalking out the niggles as a welcoming sign to help evolve the overall outlook we carry on this forum going forward.

Brad, Ill drop you a DM with some of these instances I think are worth noting. Decisions for these said instances, I think, are worth re-visiting. I leave it up to your best judgement to discuss this further, if you may. 

Looking forward to some healthy debates in 2021..

Agreed.

Thank you for your msg, will reply during the day

It took Alonso 10 laps to find issues with A521

Really?

My question: Are the alleged issues intrinsic to a driver or to a machine? The same people who are excusing Alonso (I guess from not performing better) told Vettel repeatedly that a good driver should be able to drive anything. Anything they said. So, they implied Vettel is not a good driver.

According such decree, Alonso then has no case. He should receive the order from a team manager - get in, get strapped, and drive without excuses, please. Pronto.

-- or  --

Maybe a lot of people on sidelines were/are just ignorant or mean, perhaps both. I've seen more than once claims by insiders how little driver really matters these days. 20% driver's influence on race performance is a value posted often. Seb has not only to deal with a lot buttons, but at his new office, he has them on all "wrong" places. I guess fun never ends.

Where are machines from Schumacher era, as his son said, with steering wheel having very few buttons, and it was up to driver how he scored. I am missing those times.     

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Really?

My question: Are the alleged issues intrinsic to a driver or to a machine? The same people who are excusing Alonso (I guess from not performing better) told Vettel repeatedly that a good driver should be able to drive anything. Anything they said. So, they implied Vettel is not a good driver.

According such decree, Alonso then has no case. He should receive the order from a team manager - get in, get strapped, and drive without excuses, please. Pronto.

-- or  --

Maybe a lot of people on sidelines were/are just ignorant or mean, perhaps both. I've seen more than once claims by insiders how little driver really matters these days. 20% driver's influence on race performance is a value posted often. Seb has not only to deal with a lot buttons, but at his new office, he has them on all "wrong" places. I guess fun never ends.

Where are machines from Schumacher era, as his son said, with steering wheel having very few buttons, and it was up to driver how he scored. I am missing those times.     

To me, personal opinion, He's trying to steer the car direction into what suits him best. We know how that ends up with. A car that suits his driving style while his teammate can't drive the thing...

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

To me, personal opinion, He's trying to steer the car direction into what suits him best. We know how that ends up with. A car that suits his driving style while his teammate can't drive the thing...

Ferrari period all over again (Kimi vs. Alonso). I've understood that. Alpine will need to make their mind which driver fits into their future. What puzzles me are choices Alpine has made so far. Are they telling us they didn't do their due diligence to find out what Alonso has done while at Ferrari and McLaren, or they do not care how situation will affect future of their own young French driver? So, where or what is their future?

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari period all over again (Kimi vs. Alonso). I've understood that. Alpine will need to make their mind which driver fits into their future. What puzzles me are choices Alpine has made so far. Are they telling us they didn't do their due diligence to find out what Alonso has done while at Ferrari and McLaren, or they do not care how situation will affect future of their own young French driver? So, where or what is their future?

They have a great young driver in Ocon, not the finished article yet but steadily improving year by year. Yeah, we know he got beaten by Ric, that's not a shame.

Read Gasly is vying for a position there. It would help considering him too. 

10 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They have a great young driver in Ocon, not the finished article yet but steadily improving year by year. Yeah, we know he got beaten by Ric, that's not a shame.

Read Gasly is vying for a position there. It would help considering him too. 

Gasly, how could I forgot him? I think he was little bit mistreated by RBR/sister team. I tend to agree that he needs an opportunity to carry French flag. Ocon is also not as bad as optics suggest, but he was pushed back for benefit of DR. I don't want to go there, but I was quite angry a few times over what I saw. Start over, do better, but with Alonso... :frusty:

'I'm better' than the likes of Hamilton, Verstappen and Vettel, says Alonso ahead of F1 return

Modest he is not. Hate him, or love him, he really likes to steer sh*t wherever he goes.

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

Modest he is not. Hate him, or love him, he really likes to steer sh*t wherever he goes.

He's going to fight hard, I'll give him that

Some wise words from Mika...

As for Alonso's prospects this year, Hakkinen believes the two-time world champion will need a powerful engine in his back and a strong overall package to deliver good results.

"He’s going to give his everything but winning requires a powerful engine," commented the 20-time Grand Prix winner. "It’s as simple as that. They need a powerful engine.

"Does the engine have enough power to overtake on the straights? To enter the braking zone and pass down the inside? I doubt it.

"Without power, it doesn’t matter how good the aerodynamics or drivers are. Every aspect needs to be just right.

"If all the elements aren’t right, there won’t be results."

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/763211/Hakkinen_Ocon_not_the_kind_of_teammate_I_would_want/

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

SH*T stirrin accepted, though it IS actually also the truth.
Realisin NOT in a position 2 gain sufficient titles 2 become TGOAT he HAS proved himself the better driver.
By achievin away from F1.  He IS an track to gain, the BIG 1 - motorsports triple crown.

It is silly for anyone to boast about themselves. They shouldn't have the right to believe in themselves this hard.

Its not whether you think you are the best, its whether you choose to boast about it that is the issue.. The Rest of the season should prove to be a humbling experience for him...

Unless he is right about himself and ends up well at the end of the year.. in which case the naysayers would get a bite of their own boot. As of now, Alonso doesn't really have the equipment needed to prove his claim and probably he's trying to get a few extra horsepower by irritating others.. I'm not sure if that works..

I agree with everything that Mika said... PU output is a very big part of the game.. and by the look of it.. Alpine's PU doesn't seem to be delivering enough juice to prove anything..

Size  

No / Driver Competitor Time Session Fact Offence

Decision

Reason

5 - Sebastian Vettel

Aston Martin Cognizant F1 Team

18:18

Qualifying

Failure to respect double yellow flags at turn 1.

Breach of Appendix H, Art. 2.5.5.b) and Breach of Art 12.2.1.i of the International Sporting Code, non-compliance with Race Director’s Event Notes 7.1

5 grid place penalty (3 penalty points imposed, total of 3 points in the 12 month period)

Season even did not started, and Seb has already 3 demerit points. What was he thinking?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Season even did not started, and Seb has already 3 demerit points. What was he thinking?

It's 12 points for a season right... Let's hope for the best

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

It is silly for anyone to boast about themselves. They shouldn't have the right to believe in themselves this hard.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/763934/Confused_Alonso_clarifies_Im_better_comment/

Its unfortunate how we fall for twisted sentences that media tries to play everyone with... The question that he answered, was probably not the question they made a headline about...

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/778127/Ocon_extends_with_Alpine_through_2024_F1_season/

Confirmed. Happy that he's signed for another 3 years. He need to keep up these good performances, ,stay consistent, Alot of talent there

IMHO Ocon should replace Bottas. There is no need to hand over one of leading teams totally to Brits. There are some other deserving people in this world who should get chance to shine on world stage. If other Brit wants to replace Hamilton, I am look warm to that idea too, but so be it.

52 minutes ago, Sakae said:

IMHO Ocon should replace Bottas. There is no need to hand over one of leading teams totally to Brits. There are some other deserving people in this world who should get chance to shine on world stage. If other Brit wants to replace Hamilton, I am look warm to that idea too, but so be it.

Is Toto both Ocon and Bottas' manager?