Team: Renault DP World F1 Team

Base: Enstone, United Kingdom

Team Chief: Cyril Francois Roger Abiteboul 

Power Unit: Renault

Drivers:

• Esteban Ocon
  • Daniel Ricciardo

Renault

Renault will rename its Formula 1 team after its Alpine brand for the 2021 season. Alpineis a niche French sportscar marque that has long associations with Renault. The company is aiming to promote it as the performance end of its road-car range.

Date 2020.09.30   Time 9:33 (UTC)

Is Renault going to move up on the grid? They have some interesting results on their score card. 

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.30   Time 9:33 (UTC)

Is Renault going to move up on the grid? They have some interesting results on their score card. 

I personally think this is as good as they will get.. Renault and Ferrari's Turbo disadvantage will hold them back till 2021. And honestly unless F1 and FIA allow some leeway in Engine Regs in 2022, Renault and Ferrari Powered cars will hold a disadvantage over Merc and Honda with Merc having the Ultimate edge.

Renault definitely seem to have an upper hand over Ferrari at the moment.

Having said that, I really hope to see Dany on at least 1 podium this year,, Actually I just want to see that tattoo on Cyril :laughing:

Date 2020.10.07   Time 18:14 (UTC)

Alonso is suppose to test 2020 vehicle on the German track. Is Renault going to built now a racer around Alonso (as he had it in Ferrari), to the detriment of Ocon, or they will find balance between those two drivers?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.07   Time 18:14 (UTC)

Alonso is suppose to test 2020 vehicle on the German track. Is Renault going to built now a racer around Alonso (as he had it in Ferrari), to the detriment of Ocon, or they will find balance between those two drivers?

I think I'm a genius. I know exactly which way this is going to swing...

10 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think I'm a genius. I know exactly which way this is going to swing...

Nobel prices are gone, Brad. When Cyril Abiteboul (TP) said about experienced Alonso will help them to built a better car, which would be noble aim under any circumstances, however based on his historical patterns building better cars, I thought Ocon should be deeply concerned. 

Looks like Alonso likes F1 car. Pity we cannot get full story how he feels about new Renault. (Maybe first question today should be - how is your neck?)

Date 2020.10.16   Time 10:06 (UTC)

Strange headlines.

Gasly ‘eyeing Renault seat next to Alonso’

What is that suppose to mean? I have nothing against Gasly, but I didn't know that Ocon is an endangered species at Renault. One French man replacing another? Why not take Alonso out from line up? Lord knows Alonso is in age when he could sit on a bench, enjoy the movie, and play with his grand kids.

On 10/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, Sakae said:

Lord knows Alonso is in age when he could sit on a bench, enjoy the movie, and play with his grand kids.

Yet he is there... Wanting to Race.

Lets say fortune (Lord) favors the brave. So bring it onn...

On 9/30/2020 at 12:55 PM, blackpebel said:

I personally think this is as good as they will get.. Renault and Ferrari's Turbo disadvantage will hold them back till 2021. And honestly unless F1 and FIA allow some leeway in Engine Regs in 2022, Renault and Ferrari Powered cars will hold a disadvantage over Merc and Honda with Merc having the Ultimate edge.

Renault definitely seem to have an upper hand over Ferrari at the moment.

Having said that, I really hope to see Dany on at least 1 podium this year,, Actually I just want to see that tattoo on Cyril :laughing:

Danny DID it - on the podium !!

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

Danny DID it - on the podium !!

:rock::congrats: Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!