Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Red Bull Racing (2021)

42 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Verstappen has PROVEN Y he will NEVER B a considered GOAT
https://gptoday.com/details/view/777615/Verstappen_planning_to_stay_at_Red_Bull_forever/
2 B considered a TRUE, GOAT
Have 2 win in MORE than 1 team OTHERWISE it IS just the car that IS a winner NOT the driver

Do all English people like to make up some fake rules just to annoy others around them? There are quite a few of those senseless "English rules" I could quote here, all are mentally disturbing. 

I have news for you - there is not a such thing as GOAT, never mind "true GOAT". Anyone who tells you otherwise should also explain to you how he/she arrived to such assessment without sounding like an imbecile incapable of sound judgement. 

People race in different eras, different ambient conditions, FiA' rules, machinery, tires, fuel types, refuelling during race, quality of team support, different tracks, etc. Number of variables is enormous, and situation is basically discordant. It is my humble opinion that comparing Hamilton to any of his predecessors is simply not possible in strictly scientific terms. The same goes for any other WDC. You can study FiA's records, and learn who achieved what in his time, laps, qualifications, races, etc., but can you say it was easier or more difficult to make up such stats than his predecessors or successors? Any intelligent person steeped in critical thinking and statistical analyses would not dare to claim collected data are of the same value, which interjects personal bias into such considerations. A lap around Spa then is not comparable a lap around Spa today. People do such comparisons, but beats me why. What you can compare are all cars in the same race, but it ends there. 

Since 2014 car weight increased about by 100 [kg], and cars will be even heavier next year. Cars are less agile, more difficult to overtake each other. How can be this situation comparable even to races 10 years ago?

Now, if you argue this case in high school backyards, sure, go ahead and indulge yourself as much as you wish.   

Thank U Sakae 4 indirectly confirmin my point.
In a long winded way - the variables R all different, NO consistency.
Remainin with 1 team 2 achieve, shows the drivers limitation NOT greatness.

15 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Thank U Sakae 4 indirectly confirmin my point.
In a long winded way - the variables R all different, NO consistency.
Remainin with 1 team 2 achieve, shows the drivers limitation NOT greatness.

In a short winded way, I am lacking understanding on what basis you can make such claim. Having said that, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. In my layman's bias opinion, as a way of an example, achieving four WDC in succession in a competetive environment represents acceptable consistency. Cannot complain about that.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

In a short winded way, I am lacking understanding on what basis you can make such claim. Having said that, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. In my layman's bias opinion, as a way of an example, achieving four WDC in succession in a competetive environment represents acceptable consistency. Cannot complain about that.

AGREED

57 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

AGREED

If it were easy everybody would B doin it.
Similar 2 Lemmings & sheep
Remember, the earth is NOT flat.  Columbo proved that.

57 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

achieving four WDC in succession in a competetive environment represents acceptable consistency.

Achievin 4 WDC in succession represents a LACK of competition.
Remember, U R ONLY as good as the competition.  If nobody else IS winnin - it DEVALUES the achievement.

5 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Achievin 4 WDC in succession represents a LACK of competition.

Tell Alonso that after his run in 2012 (assisted by Webber).

Remember, U R ONLY as good as the competition. 

I doubt that. To win competition you have to be either lucky, or best of the field. 4 WDC in a row in competitive field tend to suggest later.

If nobody else IS winnin - it DEVALUES the achievement.

I am sure Hamilton and his devotees will be happy to hear that. To be however safe, I do suggest be prepared to run for your life. Surprisingly, in this case I do agree with you, or whoever is author.

Side thought - Goodhart's Law (good to remember)

"When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure." 

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

surprisingly, in this case I do agree with you

It IS logical.
When MSC were dominatin.  The FIA KEPT changin the rules.  Arguably 2 STOP Ferrari, 2 keep the TV audience.
Hamilton has NOT had the SAME disruption.
NEED another Bernie - or even Bernie AGAIN.
Liberty have sold out 2 Sky.  Limitin the TV audience from free-to-air 2 pay-per-view

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Side thought - Goodhart's Law (good to remember)

What doesn`t challenge U doesn`t change U.
Hamilton has NOT had a challenge in the hybrid era.