Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Red Bull Racing (2021)

Date 2020.10.30   Time 15:04 (UTC)

GPBlog on freezing engine development ASAP

Ferrari will not support Red Bull: ''We are strongly against that''

As predicted. I am not sure why anyone would think differently. Ferrari, like them or not, is not ready to commit suicide by stupidity. They obviously learned from mistakes of 2014.

48 minutes ago, Sakae said:

They obviously learned from mistakes of 2014.

Too little, too late.

58 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Too little, too late.

Why would you say that? Ferrari's position not to support RBR in their drive for change existing engine agreements, a topic which has been discussed on the forum, is neither late or "too little". Negotiations are only in early stages as far as public knows. What do you see differently from me? They went the other way for 2014 configuration, and rest is history. It was a bad decision.

Ferrari with really wounded engine after FiA's hit, is really not in a position to live with such machine for next 5 years. One doesn't need Ph.D. to understand that. I am disappointed with them for one reason or another, but I can sympathize with their dilemma. They need time to fix drive line (rear chassis, PU, and who knows what else). RBR obviously do not care.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:55 PM, Sakae said:

I think you are overcomplicating simple situation

In turn U HAVE over complicated, a simple situation.
F1 is NO LONGER just about, motor racin
F1 IS about global marketing.
F1 WOULD have been soo much MORE interestin had, Virgin Racing & the girls BEEN successful

10 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

In turn U HAVE over complicated, a simple situation.
F1 is NO LONGER just about, motor racin
F1 IS about global marketing.
F1 WOULD have been soo much MRE interestin had, Virgin & the girls BEEN successful

Are you saying that RBR is really not concerned about their situation with Honda, but whole racket is about marketing ploy and nothing else? I do not understand your insistence that world is just resting on smoke and mirrors.  I was under impression that whole racket is about choosing which motor to put on the car, or walk out from the sport.

Publicity effect IMO is just byproduct in this process, whereas you insist it's central to the process.

Simplistic as it sounds, technically it is immensely complicated and expensive situation. Forgive me, but I have feeling you are not a technical type to have any appreciation of gravity of that issue, and such talk is for you just peripheral to centre aim - politics and advertising. Well, carry on, it is not my aim to convince you otherwise.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Are you saying that RBR is really not concerned about their situation with Honda, but whole racket is about marketing ploy and nothing else?

RBR R in F1 simply 2 market and sell a fizzy drink
It saw opportunity when Mclaren brought Honda back in 2 F1.
The struggles Mclaren had with the Honda project, Mclaren realised that there were NO longevity gains 2 B made with Honda.
RBR saw opportunity for the sister team Torro Rosso - Mclaren theory 2 move 2 Renault has been proven, with Honda set 2 leave F1 AGAIN.
RBR WERE quick 2 DUMP the successful Renault partnership 2 get in bed with Honda - RBR brought their struggles on themselves

8 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

RBR R in F1 simply 2 market and sell a fizzy drink

My apology, but I don't get you. Is this conversation about RBR's engine crisis, or promotion of RB cans?

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is this conversation about RBR's engine crisis, or promotion of RB cans?

> Is there a DIFFERENCE ?
We R talkin about a fizzy drink - brand awareness
There is NOT a PU crisis at RBR 
The situation IS stable - Honda signed a contract - HAVE 2 deliver a PU, until they leave F1 AGAIN
It seems 2 me that, RBR got ahead of themselves with the friction 2  Renault - after ALL the successes together 
Especially considerin the imminent arrival 2 Renault of Double champion Alonso
Will it B Alonso givin finger boy the finger ?

On 10/30/2020 at 10:22 PM, Sakae said:

Why would you say that?

This is exactly why:

They went the other way for 2014 configuration, and rest is history. It was a bad decision.

All this power that Ferrari had should have been shown back in 2014. The cry to have the power of VETO, but they don't know how to use it.

What do you see differently from me?

I don't actually, not on this topic.. I am against RBR's request to freeze engine development. FIA and F1 should rather find a way to homologate engine performance as you had suggested once.

12 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

> Is there a DIFFERENCE ?
We R talkin about a fizzy drink - brand awareness
There is NOT a PU crisis at RBR 
The situation IS stable - Honda signed a contract - HAVE 2 deliver a PU, until they leave F1 AGAIN
It seems 2 me that, RBR got ahead of themselves with the friction 2  Renault - after ALL the successes together 
Especially considerin the imminent arrival 2 Renault of Double champion Alonso
Will it B Alonso givin finger boy the finger ?

@lipstick79 You aren't making conversation very easy for me, I must say. I was under impression we are discussing impact Honda's exit will have on RBR, yet you insist on some strange promotional campaign for RB drink. Are you actually own a computer, or all your posts are send off the phone? This would explain gaps in situational awareness when you skip any conversation in length exceeding 4 sentences.

What is Vettel (I assume you meant him) and Alonso have to do with any of this? Are you trying to get rise of anger in me? Diabolical. 

@blackpebel Former Ferrari chief, Luca Cordero di Montezemolo has accepted responsibility for that decision - go hybrid. He obviously had his advisor's counsel, however it was his signature on the agreement. In retrospect it was a mistake, he admits today, however there was more factors in the play, than just a simple choice of technology. MB was ready to walk out, and arms were twisted to cooperate and keep MB in. And there was more...

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

MB was ready to walk out, and arms were twisted to cooperate and keep MB in.

Frekin pricks.. Im telling you they played poker with the knowledge they had for Split-turbo. This is exactly how they pressurized Ferrari into submitting into the new Regs. 

16 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Frekin pricks.. Im telling you they played poker with the knowledge they had for Split-turbo. This is exactly how they pressurized Ferrari into submitting into the new Regs. 

I have to admit that one of the greatest disappointment I've experienced in decades with this sport was shock how ignorant and diabolic some factions behave early in 2014. Media behaving like imbeciles were salivating about potential for Hamilton's dynasty, while totally oblivious to the disaster in development sport was exposed to. For any technically minded person it was obvious that sport internal competitiveness received near fatal blow, and immediate urgent correction of highest priority was needed for sake of saving sport from deterioration into garden variety racing. Seven years later I am still waiting. Expected compromise in mid 2014 was to keep hybrids, but let others to harmonize their developments, instead guessing what's next in slow motion.  

35 minutes ago, Sakae said:

What is Vettel (I assume you meant him) and Alonso have to do with any of this?

Finger boy found HIS fame, using his finger - just a twistin it, in an attempt 2 add humor 2 the situation.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Media behaving like imbeciles were ....

Doin what the media R good at and do.
Though the media WERE more structured durin Bernie`s rule.
New how 2 get what wanted.  Now it is like the last supper, loaves and fishes everywhere.

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

instead guessing what's next in slow motion

Seems 2 me that, U R referin 2 a V8 Minardi there 

Date 2020.12.11   Time 8:46 (UTC)

Perez and Hulkenberg not serious options for Red Bull? 

Seriously?

Well, why not take Hamilton then with Verstappen playing a second fiddle for him. Hamilton said that he loves competition. I sort of doubt that, but taking it on face value. I would welcome Vettel, Ocon, Perez or Russell next year next to Bottas. Change in that seat is long time overdue IMHO.

Lulu is a liar. He said many years ago he didn't want easy victories. 6x WDCs later he still gets p**sy if Bottas beats him or doesn't move over.

I'm okay with Perez not getting the RBR seat. I'd actually like Hulk to get it to be honest. Perez would be a good replacement for Ocon perhaps or I think Kyvat!

19 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm okay with Perez not getting the RBR seat. I'd actually like Hulk to get it to be honest. Perez would be a good replacement for Ocon perhaps or I think Kyvat!

Right. In terms of hierarchy, I think Perez might not be willing to play second fiddle, whereas Hulk might take it for sake of racing somewhere. (Just my opinion). 

Perez actually claims he has a seat for 2022. How secured, that I don't know.

Date 2020.12.13   Time 16:35 (UTC)

I don't understand what is RB doing. People want to settle down and relax end of the year. instead, Hulk, Perez and Albon are made to wait another one or two weeks before they will know whether they have a job next year. Why wasn't possible to make that decision this weekend is not clear.

Good for RBR, I'm happy for them. However if Merc hadn't turned down their engines... VERS would have been 2nd at best with possibly Bottas taking the win seeing as how Lulu is a invalid at the moment.

My guess is that Verstappen will take it any way it's served. He will be happy for next several weeks, and return to reality later on. For now celebration is in order. He and team did well in this round.

Is Perez replacing Albon, or I am (again) a victim of click-bait headlines with no substance where it matters? I would like to see Hulk back, but Perez is too good to sit on sidelines. Decisions, decisions...

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Is Perez replacing Albon, or I am (again) a victim of click-bait headlines with no substance where it matters? I would like to see Hulk back, but Perez is too good to sit on sidelines. Decisions, decisions...

Perez to RBR. Hulk to replace groping Russian. That would really sit well with me