Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Red Bull Racing (2021)

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They are getting ALOT from Honda Intel. RBR engineers can then learn to develop and maintain engines, at the cost of a penny. Come new regulations, they will be well-prepared, with a top competitive engine... I certainly think so

As long as it is "fair" to other teams constrained by mandated budget. Makes it for level playing field. (In someone's dream). F1 management should resign in large numbers today before end of business day. 

Red Bull Racing Honda vs  Rich Energy Mclaren Mercedes 

Is this a fizzy drinks battle,  a PU fight or a formula 1 challenge?

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

at the cost of a penny

Probably NOT paid IN £GB, more likely $US
> Would B paid IN dollars & cents NOT pounds and pence

Insider

In contrast to the Red Bull team. Because after the roll-out of the RB16B on Wednesday in Silverstone, the Austrian team based in England had to deal with a s##tstorm in the world of social media. The reason: especially technology-oriented media representatives criticised Red Bull for not showing detailed photos of the new car, filming predominantly the old RB15 at the rollout and thus deliberately reaching into the deception, trickery and camouflage box – hiding a spectacular secret on the hopeful and Mercedes chaser?

Poor media were deceived, so they couldn't filmed every novel idea and have other teams to review it by publishing detailed drawings in every trash tabloid, as they have done consistently for years.

Sandbagging concept is something new in UK?

Marko: New Honda engine brings us level with Mercedes

That must make Verstappen happy. Why would he wanted to leave? At MB he would run into Hamilton's deciples, therefore he should stay with "his team", where everyone "loves him". 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

New Honda engine brings us level with Mercedes

Second is first of the losers.
Honda should B aiming 2 B BETTER than Mercedes, NOT just level

32 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Second is first of the losers.
Honda should B aiming 2 B BETTER than Mercedes, NOT just level

Why?

I am actually quite happy when power units are competitive relative to each other (not necessarily equal or similar), and therefore in-race competition comes down to a driver, and his support in other areas; aero, chassis, management or tires, strategy, etc. 

Sounds promising. I had enough of excessive one-sided superiority.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Why?

Obviously U R NOT in the technical world and or - new 2 F1
Logically If U ONLY aim 2 B equal / as-good-as
U do NOT have anythin in UR pocket. 
Realistically WILL fall short - if U ONLY aim 2 B equal / as-good-as, when U fall short U WILL still B behind.
If U aim 2 B better / ahead when U fall short U WILL probably still B at/around the same level.

4 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Obviously U R NOT in the technical world and or - new 2 F1
Logically If U ONLY aim 2 B equal / as-good-as
U do NOT have anythin in UR pocket. 
Realistically WILL fall short - if U ONLY aim 2 B equal / as-good-as, when U fall short U WILL still B behind.
If U aim 2 B better / ahead when U fall short U WILL probably still B at/around the same level.

I don't understand 90% of your post, Ms. Lipstick, which makes rather difficult for me to respond in any meaningful way. Maybe it's actually better that way for my sanity.

Regarding first sentence in your post, what gave me away as (obviously) technically ignorant? I made living for decades in premium automotive industry on four continents, therefore I thought I have some minimal knowledge about product, process and business management which allows me, after also decades with the F1, to speak about this sport from unique perspective.

So what you are saying - not really. How very UK from you.

I WILL say it slowly AND explain, on-the-fly.

IF ONLY aim 2 B the same WHEN U fail U WILL end up behind.
IF U aim 2 B better WHEN U fail U WILL  probably end up the same.

ALWAYS aim 2 B better

I totally AGREE with U, speak about this sport from unique perspective.
Is that freak OR unique? !! lol

On top Wolfgang Porsche (77), a family member of the Porsche dynasty and also chairman of the supervisory board at Porsche and a member of the supervisory board at the VW Group, is also a secret Formula 1 fan. One of his best friends is Red Bull chief advisor Helmut Marko, who is the same age. They regularly dine together and talk about more than just the art scene. A joint appearance in Formula 1 was and is always a topic.

F1 Insider

Together as of 2025?

Show me engine specs first, and then we may consider it. (my op.)

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

F1 Insider

Together as of 2025?

Show me engine specs first, and then we may consider it. (my op.)

They left as champions when they were racing in F1.  They have all that time to consider the viability, learn about the hybrid engine and implement.

It's actually a tantalsing prospect.

I think that's reflection how some people view Mr. Brown:

Dr. Marko:

"Zak Brown is a good speaker. He talks all day long and although what he says is funny, he has no idea.. (about driver's contracts) 

Amusing.

Is it a coincidence that sales of a fizzy drink HAVE declined
Up steps Verstappen and Red Bull R in the news AGAIN in 2021
The novelty factor of the Vettel glory years HAVE worn off
Sales R in DECLINE - with MANY copy brands NOW available, inc though NOT limited 2 Red Rooster
Suddenly a driver WITH energy and a point 2 prove, against probably the OLDEST field on record.

Old Men like Raikkenen - been there done it, got the WDC and T-shirt with his name printed on
Alonso - is a talented driver WITH the titles 2 prove it.  Though HIS hunger is NOT IN F1.
Sir Hamilton - IN the fastest car doin what he HAD 2 do, racked up the titles.
Where IS the hunger, the competition  ?

13 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Is it a coincidence that sales of a fizzy drink HAVE declined
Up steps Verstappen and Red Bull R in the news AGAIN in 2021
The novelty factor of the Vettel glory years HAVE worn off
Sales R in DECLINE - with MANY copy brands NOW available, inc though NOT limited 2 Red Rooster
Suddenly a driver WITH energy and a point 2 prove, against probably the OLDEST field on record.

Old Men like Raikkenen - been there done it, got the WDC and T-shirt with his name printed on
Alonso - is a talented driver WITH the titles 2 prove it.  Though HIS hunger is NOT IN F1.
Sir Hamilton - IN the fastest car doin what he HAD 2 do, racked up the titles.
Where IS the hunger, the competition  ?

MadMax is hungry. You can see it in his demeanor. He is probably the fastest driver on track, ready to take the F1 title.

Hope he does

Brad dude, whoosh over UR head.
I driver in a field who IS hungry.  
Now challengin Sir moanalot in the fastest car for the past 7 years.
The sport HAS become devalued.

In the V8 era there were excitement AND battles by hungry drivers.

MSC had many a battle with hungry drivers.
Hill, Hakkinen, JV ...
There were many battles also in midfield by hungry drivers who would never win a Championship.
Where is the next Trulli, H-H-Frentzen
???

Dr. Marko is busy these days with not being overly happy with his new flock. He has let us know how both, Yuki and Sergio managed to make him mad at Imola. 

I would remind Helmut not to forget that Yuki is younger version of Max, whereas Sergio needs time to grow into RBR systems. Yeah, it was disappointing for him to lose big way from the front row, but that's F1. On the other hand, Perez cannot have too many of those, otherwise there will not be 2022 for him with RBR. The team wants obviously both titles, and Sergio is in both a fish bowl and pressure cooker at the same time. He is in one of the most contested seats on current grid. His journey is really something for me to watch. I have my fingers cross, and if he manages to take Max a peg down, more power to him.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

How IS it a secret if, U KNOW ??

lipstick, you need to get yourself a bigger phone. Above is not my quote; go back and check it out. I've posted someone's else quote. To state obvious, Wolfgang Porsche's secret - his love of GP racing - is secret no more. I think you have understood that well.

How about getting iPad mini? Would that help for reading whole posts?.

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

Above is not my quote; go back and check it out. I've posted someone's else quote.

Dude in turn.  It IS still quoted from U - U really NEED 2 do the math.
U posted somethin - even IF somebody else posted it first, U STILL posted it
Reminds me of what came first, the chicken OR the egg.
Can`t have a chicken without an egg.
Can`t have  an egg without a chicken.
> Which came first - the chicken OR the egg ??

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Dude in turn.  It IS still quoted from U - U really NEED 2 do the math.
U posted somethin - even IF somebody else posted it first, U STILL posted it
Reminds me of what came first, the chicken OR the egg.
Can`t have a chicken without an egg.
Can`t have  an egg without a chicken.
> Which came first - the chicken OR the egg ??

Definitely chicken.

In brief summary of your thought, once I quoted someone, and despite properly citing sources, I own that quote, stock and barrel, content and all, whether I agree with original author or not. That's what you are telling me, right?

Interesting point of view. I am not sure however what happened to copyrights in that conclusion, once I assume quote ownership (as you say I do). Citing the original source I gather is then totally unnecessary in your theory. What a relief.

On just as important matter, have you bought a bigger phone yet, so you can see large reading area when you visit forum? 

'Cowell one of 50 employees to make switch from Mercedes to Red Bull'

What's with the headlines? One day we read Cowell is not joining (said allegedly Wolf), today apparently he is. I am not convinced that F1 media really care whether we take them seriously, or not. Blog here, blog there, everybody is a journalist these days.

If Cowell was hired, then I take it RBR seems to go into engine business for real. Another potential implication of such commitment might lead to RBR's extended presence in the F1.