Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Russian GP 2020

Vsem Privet!

Get your bottle of Vodka out already, its the Russian GP. Vladimir would be watching, and so should we.

image.png.1e03322857a5c871a30ea4a1ceca19fe.png

Again a power Hungry track which has suited the Mercedes package well all these years, so in a normal race without any issues, results should be easy to predict. This year has thrown some surprise races, hope F1 goes to Russia with love, and unpredictability.

Well, Its definitely enjoyable on the Official F1 Game on my phone, I'm sure it is so in real life too,  of course there is no comparison.

I'm guessing Hermann TilKe sat down with Russians to decide how the track layout should be, and all they came up with is lot of 90 Degree Rights, or lefts. Pretty straight forward as the Russians are.

Official Link to the Russian GP

Date 2020.09.23   Time 10:10 (UTC)

I don't hate per se any track; it just happens that I favor some tracks more than others. That being said, there are definitely places IMVHO we shouldn't be racing based on ethical principles. My position is not political. Unfortunately, should I have my wish, there would be very few places left to race. 

Date 2020.09.25   Time 8:40 (UTC)

FP1

Perez is performing really well. Sadly, wrong man IMO is leaving the team.

Vettel, my hero, is really in a ditch with his current job. The car must feel the same as Kimi had it when his teammate was Alonso. I am not going to open debate whether Leclerc is or isn't faster than him, but I have difficulty to believe that Vettel would be 0.7 - 1.2 sec slower than his teammate. But then, we should be used to it (for now).

Date 2020.09.25   Time 13:42 (UTC)

FP2

Field looks pretty static. Alonso claims F1 is most boring motor-series in the world. (I am rather puzzled, why is he returning then)? Controversial in the past, and it looks like he has not lost anything in that department.

Maybe MB let Bottas to start winning some races. That would be nice gesture..

24 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.25   Time 13:42 (UTC)

FP2

Field looks pretty static. Alonso claims F1 is most boring motor-series in the world. (I am rather puzzled, why is he returning then)? Controversial in the past, and it looks like he has not lost anything in that department.

Maybe MB let Bottas to start winning some races. That would be nice gesture..

In it for himself. Just watch that Renault go backwards over few years while the other driver can't drive it...

Alonso's rhetoric reminds me of another famous orator, Jacques Joseph Charles Villeneuve OQ, who proclaimed once in his time full of sheer happiness, that F1 is only for sissies, and the real racing is only in US. He of course did not use exactly that word, but his description amounted to exactly to that, and it made his racing colleagues happy. That was a moment when I, his loyal fan in Atlantic Series, said good bye in disgust.

To my horror and surprise of immense magnitude, about six months later I've learnt he will be racing for Williams. 

Life, as always, goes on.

53 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Alonso claims F1 is most boring motor-series in the world. (I am rather puzzled, why is he returning then)? Controversial in the past, and it looks like he has not lost anything in that department.

But isn't that true.. Why is this any surprise NOW? Isn't that what you, me, the others on this forum, and the whole world has been crying about for the past 4-6 Years?

I don't get it, Just WHAT about that Fact is controversial. Or is it just because it was said by Alonso, in which case, isn't that hypocrisy?

49 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

In it for himself.

Just like everyone.

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

But isn't that true.. Why is this any surprise NOW? Isn't that what you, me, the others on this forum, and the whole world has been crying about for the past 4-6 Years?

I don't get it, Just WHAT about that Fact is controversial. Or is it just because it was said by Alonso, in which case, isn't that hypocrisy?

I have issues with F1 (mis)management, occasionally I admit to seeing a boring race thanks to also boring people on the mike, but before you accuse me from hypocrisy, can you remind me when exactly I've said that F1 (as a whole) is boring?

Striving for better racing, and eliminating travesty with one team can go unchallenged for so long due to protection they receive is one thing, but overall boring F1? If so, then my life must had been for decades boring as well, as I am so long with this circus.

Your answer to Brad is also false. Vettel - as an example - said not too long ago that he wants to stay and race, because he likes it, so money weren't his first concern. That makes your rather flippant remark off the mark. Not everyone is racing just for himself and money. Some people do like the speed and everything that goes with it.

4 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Alonso claims F1 is most boring motor-series in the world. (I am rather puzzled, why is he returning then)

Bolring does NOT mean easy

Alonso IS returnin 2 F1 - 4 the SAME reasons Red Bull R IN F1
> WORLD marketing 
The world WILL know, UR name & WHO U R

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

can you remind me when exactly I've said that F1 (as a whole) is boring?

Well, Ironically, 1 example is right Here .... 

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

occasionally I admit to seeing a boring race thanks to also boring people on the mike

seriously .. You haven't Ever thought or felt or said that F1 had gotten boring over the last half a decade? I highly doubt that. I highly doubt that anyone who is not a Mercedes+Hamilton Fan has not found F1 Boring all these Hybrid years.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Your answer to Brad is also false. Vettel - as an example - said not too long ago that he wants to stay and race, because he likes it, so money weren't his first concern. That makes your rather flippant remark off the mark. Not everyone is racing just for himself and money. Some people do like the speed and everything that goes with it.

By that I didn't mean anything about money. I was purely talking about drivers fighting for themselves for better positions...

Seriously? There is distinction between a boring moment in your life, and declaring whole your life boring. My 44 years with the F1 should be enough testimony where I stand. Maybe you don't, but I do make such distinction.

It is true I wanted to walk away already a few times from the sport in anger (management, FiA, stewards, fans on forums, people on the mike and camera), only to cool down after a few days, and came back, but in reality I have never left from boredom.

Coming back to Alonso, he talks too much, IMVHO.

Date 2020.09.27   Time 6:13 (UTC)

Seb ditched his Ferrari in qualifying. Is he now going to go to P20 or he has to start from pits? Car needs to be fixed, and there is no champagne for it at the end of night-shift.

Date 2020.09.27   Time 7:32 (UTC)

Every time FiA investigates Hamilton, they may just put bones through their noses. It would be quicker and less painful for rest of us.

On 9/26/2020 at 2:45 AM, blackpebel said:

Well, Ironically, 1 example is right Here .... 

seriously .. You haven't Ever thought or felt or said that F1 had gotten boring over the last half a decade? I highly doubt that. I highly doubt that anyone who is not a Mercedes+Hamilton Fan has not found F1 Boring all these Hybrid years.

By that I didn't mean anything about money. I was purely talking about drivers fighting for themselves for better positions...

No, that not what you meant.

Alonso is in it for himself... the team must be concentrated on him, and him alone, and playing politics to further this agenda...

That what I meant

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.27   Time 6:13 (UTC)

Seb ditched his Ferrari in qualifying. Is he now going to go to P20 or he has to start from pits? Car needs to be fixed, and there is no champagne for it at the end of night-shift.

No idea...

I would hope he rather start from the pitlane, really not ideal, but maybe the better of the options tho, based on the midfield uncertainties when sprinting off. 

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

No, that not what you meant.

Alonso is in it for himself... the team must be concentrated on him, and him alone, and playing politics to further this agenda...

That what I meant

Hmm i agree to some of this.. I wont deny that he is selfish in a lot of ways. And that is why he is stuck with only 2 wdc's so far. He could have had more had he held teams better together. Hope he has learned a lesson by participating in motorsports that needs team work. And yes i also agree he tends to push teams to concentrate on his needs in an abrasively demanding way.. 

But What I said IS what I meant to say. Thank you, but I'm perfectly OK speaking for myself. These guys at the top are all uniquely shrewd and selfish in their need to stay ahead... 

You think Hamilton isn't? Him and toto have specifically picked bottas in the 2nd CAR and not vettle or Verstappen or Ricciardo, coz this makes avoiding any complications for ham and team. This too is selfish but feels justified doesn't it? 

You think vettle wasn't during his winning years? He was at times ruthless with his demeanor in handling Redbull and his approach towards webber.

Wasn't Ayrton convinced with his questionable behavior on track in an enigmatic way to prove what HE did on the track was all justified..

Wasn't Schumi? He had some seriously underhanded tricks he would try to get away with..

You see,,,, the one who are fast, and know it, don't just stop at that... All These guys at the top, they are there, BECAUSE they are ALL shrewd and selfish to stay ahead of others ... But they are/were all fast and had/have super determination to setup the car right and stay ahead and win.

Date 2020.09.27   Time 10:55 (UTC)

Mercedes are the only team to have won in Russia since the first race in Sochi in 2014. If they triumph again, it will be a record for most consecutive wins at the same grand prix.

Hey FiA, any hint in that?

Nothing?

Carry on then

Date 2020.09.27   Time 12:55 (UTC)

It's over.

Antonio Giovinazzi placed ahead of Vettel. Lap down. Don't ask me whether I understand that. Leclerc is far, far ahead of Seb.

Congratulation to Bottas. The guy had to win sometimes.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.09.27   Time 10:55 (UTC)

Hey FiA, any hint in that?

Nothing?

Carry on then

Good observation.. I hope Stefan does something about this.

It was a good race for Lec and Ric and Per. That Renault package is looking solid in the mid field. Unfortunate race for Stroll... Thumbs up for Verstappen, he is always there to catch what Mercedes throws away..