Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Nürburgring 2020

Date 2020.10.06   Time 6:49 (UTC)

Forecasted climatic conditions at the track

Racing weekend in Germany

Could be cold and wet race. For the region, race planners might have made mistake scheduling it so late in a year. I do however realize that under pandemic conditions there were difficulties to find a suitable slot. 

Date 2020.10.08   Time 6:25 (UTC)

France 24: Ecclestone on records in F1. 

It is relevant discussion because of possibility MB with its driver has chance in forthcoming race to equal Michel Schumacher's achievement.

...Lewis Hamilton can equal Michael Schumacher's record of 91 grand prix victories this weekend -- but former F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has told AFP he believes the German had it tougher in his day. A win in the Eifel Grand Prix at Germany's Nurburgring on Sunday would also take six-time world champion Hamilton a step closer to equalling the record of seven world titles held by Schumacher...

"Schuey was driving on his own more or less when he was racing in his car," Ecclestone said by phone from his home in Switzerland.

"Hamilton has got God knows who helping him, telling him what his tyre pressure is, speeds through corners.

"In the old days Alain Prost, who I have great admiration for, when the flag went to start the race he was on his own and it ain't like that any more."

Ecclestone speaks what many of us feel. It is hard to say whether different eras are even comparable. I am in the column with those who think it is pointless comparison, despite some will be forever bloating about it.

Date 2020.10.08   Time 10:47 (UTC)

When Mr. Wolff was gifted second license on his life. 

Apr 2009

Blown RR tire on his Porsche 911 RSR at 304 [km/hr].

Date 2020.10.09   Time 10:00 (UTC)

FP1 - Bad weather. Timing of the race this time of the year is rather unfortunate for this specific location.

Date 2020.10.09   Time 14:01 (UTC)

FP2 - off. site

NO CHANGE TO THE WEATHER SITUATION - PIT EXIT WILL NOT OPEN FOR THIS SESSION

1/2 hr left, and no relieve in sight. Did I say it was bad scheduling idea? Maybe I have. 

Medical heli cannot fly if needed.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.09   Time 14:01 (UTC)

FP2 - off. site

1/2 hr left, and no relieve in sight. Did I say it was bad scheduling idea? Maybe I have. 

Medical heli cannot fly if needed.

Understandably. Need to check the weather forecast for weekend

Date 2020.10.10   Time 6:04 (UTC)

grandprix: It's lengthy reading, however interesting nonetheless.

Friday press conference: topic Honda's decision seems to dominate

Yamamoto: Naturally we respect the regulations that the FIA and F1 are looking to implement going forward. I think when we look at the overall target of carbon neutrality, we're both moving in the same direction. However, given that Honda has customers all over the world for its automobile products, its motorbikes and also its general use products, there was the need for us to move our top engineers at an earlier stage to working on future carbon-neutral products. Going to your question about IndyCar: IndyCar, from our point of view, our work on IndyCar is run by HPD which is an independent part of Honda within in America. In this case, a lot of our R&D stuff based in Japan, which meant that for our future work we had to allocate engineers to, otherwise they'd be working in Japan.

Important distinction is clarified on subject why Indy and not F1. I am glad to receive that explanation.

11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Understandably. Need to check the weather forecast for weekend

image.thumb.png.cff6c067407eb66352e59f5382dff874.png

Pretty cold Saturday at the track. Cold tires do promise all kind of concerns, ranging from slow lap times, to potential excursions off track.

FP3 - Stroll Jr. might not be the only one in trouble, had he contracted our little unwelcome guest. Confirmation what's up is coming. Where is Hulk?

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

image.thumb.png.cff6c067407eb66352e59f5382dff874.png

Pretty cold Saturday at the track. Cold tires do promise all kind of concerns, ranging from slow lap times, to potential excursions off track.

Looks like a recipe for an excellent racing weekend!!

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

FP3 - Stroll Jr. might not be the only one in trouble, had he contracted our little unwelcome guest. Confirmation what's up is coming. Where is Hulk?

That seems to be the only reasonable explanation. This thing has really turned our lives upside down

Date 2020.10.10   Time 12:26 (UTC)

Nico Hulkenberg will replace Lance Stroll at Racing Point for qualifying at the Eifel GP this afternoon. Stroll is ill and cannot race today.

The team is quiet what's wrong with him. Hulk is however exposed to people who came in contact with Stroll. He had media gig on, so he was on the circuit, but now he will do quali without any practice in a foreign car. Perfect.

53 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.10   Time 12:26 (UTC)

The team is quiet what's wrong with him. Hulk is however exposed to people who came in contact with Stroll. He had media gig on, so he was on the circuit, but now he will do quali without any practice in a foreign car. Perfect.

Although it's difficult circumstances, he needs to keep his head up and just get on with the job. Make more good impressions. I would like to see him on the grid next year...

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

Quali - no surprises.

I respectfully disagree.
Ferrari had some sort of pace, that WERE a surprise - though they were NOT on it, just asurprisin step

On 10/7/2020 at 12:46 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Mr Lipstick. Please address the relevant poster you are quoting...

BradSpeedMan n it, just I were NOT quotin any body.
It is Ms lipstick

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I respectfully disagree.
Ferrari had some sort of pace, that WERE a surprise - though they were NOT on it, just asurprisin step

I give you that, however I will call it surprise, if I see consistency going forward. I know, I sound like an old miserable fossil, but 1-off I call anomaly.  2-off I will wake up and start paying attention. All good and I will sing old blues.

Track is cold, and car potential might let out false flags and empty promises, yet I wish them both well. 

Date 2020.10.10   Time 18:54 (UTC)

What's wrong with Stroll? Anything major? I don't detect anyone openly digging in for the truth. Put it differently, is he contaminated? MB has a case despite all precautions.

46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.10.10   Time 18:54 (UTC)

What's wrong with Stroll? Anything major? I don't detect anyone openly digging in for the truth. Put it differently, is he contaminated? MB has a case despite all precautions.

Szafnauer took the liberty to point out that it's not Corona. It's weird...

26 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Szafnauer took the liberty to point out that it's not Corona. It's weird...

I was busy and missed that. That's fine and good for everybody.

Thanks Brad

I read (after quali)

Otmar Szafnauer, Team Principal & CEO

"It’s been an incredibly busy and challenging day. Lance was taken unwell this morning and we took the decision not to run him for the rest of the weekend. He’s under the weather, but not showing symptoms to suggest COVID-19

Say what? I thought we should not be guessing and run test instead. There are plenty of them around, and some are pretty quick. (1/2 hr or so.)

2 hours ago, Sakae said:
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I was busy and missed that. That's fine and good for everybody.

Thanks Brad

I read (after quali)

Say what? I thought we should not be guessing and run test instead. There are plenty of them around, and some are pretty quick. (1/2 hr or so.)

yes. scary

8 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

yes. scary

I bet there are more people interested in him and let's hope it is just garden variety cold, and nothing more. (Stomach bug).

GP247

Lance Stroll has felt unwell since last month’s Russian Grand Prix but has repeatedly tested negative for COVID-19, his Racing Point team said on Saturday after replacing the Canadian for Sunday’s Formula 1 race at the Nuerburgring.

Why Hulk was not invited sooner for at least some running? He came to it only for quali, and now sits in the last place. Perez complained about cold tires.There is no more of copying MB, but this used to be Ferrari's problem for quite a long time. It will be fight to get heat into tires.

Performance by Sebastian and his Ferrari is exceeding limits of anything I am able to comprehend. Does he worry to step on it in fear that he will fly off the tarmac? 

Albon could be in trouble with his bosses.

Renault seems ahead of Ferrari.

I feel for Bottas. Guy probably has tears in his eyes today.

Hulk - how is it possible that man has no drive this year?