Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Sayonara Honda

Oh god.. I can't believe this. 

I really think honda was doing good for being the 2nd best engine supplier on the grid. I think they are on the edge of making breakthroughs that would make them more competitive. Its unfortunate F1 couldn't help honda or isn't able to help Renault and Ferrari close the gap.

THEY are an amazing car manufacturers, I wish them all the best. I hope to see some good innovations from them in coming years. 🙏

Here is a question.. If F1 can ask new teams to pay 200 million for a joining fee.

Why cant they accept teams to pay some money as a penalty for improving their engines..

And LET THEM DEVELOP THEIR PU!

I say to hell with it if Mercedes chooses to sue F1 over the regulations. Lift it for the teams so they can equalise PU performance!

19 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Why cant they accept teams to pay some money as a penalty for improving their engines..

Just because...

Rich teams simply pay fine, and then continue to spent on further development; in other words, business as usual.

19 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I say to hell with it if Mercedes chooses to sue F1 over the regulations. Lift it for the teams so they can equalise PU performance!

One approach how to slow down MB and let others slowly close gap could adopt regulatory limits. Focus on technical parameters, instead €.

Crudely put, adopt and deconstruct MB performance levels, convert them into limits and let Ferrari and Renault work on it. Mercedes is there already, others could, should they wish to do so, seek to meet the same performance targets. I think both manufacturers actually know where Mercedes is in performance. Point of it all would be to put brakes on MB's development (for good of the sport, instead aiming to hurt them) and constantly widening the performance gap. As an example - we had in the past RPM limits... (I am hoping that I am not naive and dreaming.)

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

(I am hoping that I am not naive and dreaming.)

Mmm.. Yes.. I guess that was me ranting over a cause that seems lost. :frusty: