Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020

Dec 6.

It is late in a year, yet Liberty is insisting on driving in loops.

Gro will be probably excused due to his physical condition after last incident. (I don't really have any information on extend of his injuries.)

Ferrari is not expected to improve their total points and overall standing.

I think I'm done with F1 due to politicizing everything. I really could care less Louis supports BLM. It's his problem and I really could care less. On top of this, a complete sham when it comes to choosing second and reserve drivers and the way they are treated (e.g. teams "protecting #1 drivers from embarrassment until they want to promote #2 drivers) is just too much. 

5 hours ago, Piotr said:

I think I'm done with F1 due to politicizing everything. I really could care less Louis supports BLM. It's his problem and I really could care less. On top of this, a complete sham when it comes to choosing second and reserve drivers and the way they are treated (e.g. teams "protecting #1 drivers from embarrassment until they want to promote #2 drivers) is just too much. 

Sometimes I think maybe this is how transition is. Old-timers like myself leave in disgust, and new generation takes over without baggage of the past. I have deferred stay-leave decision after my current driver retires. I am rooting for him through thick and thin for a decade, so I can continue for little longer. Fact however is, I am not as much hungry for daily news. I find media in English language unbearable, unreadable and hard to take. So, I read less and less of it. Japanese adopt UK articles word for word, thus some German and French sources are all what's left for me.  

Hamilton tests positive? How so? I thought they have all figured out, protected, or there are some other rules for him and he just walks around unrestricted?

They all were suppose to be in total isolation, and now in reality, his crew, Bottas and whole team all are potentially exposed. Hopefully they have good immune systems, and it might not mean much in the long run, but who knows.

No questions asked where he might have picked up? Scare from obtaining embarrassing answers which would put the altar boy into bad light?

Bottas has a chance to shine, whilst a designated No.1 in MB team will sit out next race. Good luck to you.

Podium (in no particular order): Verstappen, Bottas, Perez. 

Should Gro be allowed back into his car? I am unable to find answer for myself.

• He is a professional, and drivers do get back from various bad situations. Webber for example flipped a car, and he got back.
  • Is experience with fire different? Gro admitted he had all kind of thoughts on his mind whilst flames engulfed him. What is psychological impact of that incident on him?
  • Will he hesitate to get close to anyone? (Not that Haas is a car which usually overtakes many).

LECLERC: I’M OPTIMISTIC RUSSELL CAN WIN

Is it just me, or this is rather extremely stupid headline? He is optimistic.....? WTH.

I would have thought he can be optimistic he will stay ahead of Vettel, because The Boss is back, but to say something like that about a rival? 

Date 2020.12.04   Time 15:03 (UTC)

• 1  George RUSSELL0:54.546 soft-new.png 7
  • 2  Max VERSTAPPEN+0.176 soft-new.png 3
  • 3  Alexander ALBON+0.265 soft-new.png 5
  • 4  Valtteri BOTTAS+0.322 soft-new.png 7
  • 5  Daniil KVYAT+0.465 soft-new.png 7
  • 6  Pierre GASLY+0.620 soft-new.png 4
  • 7  Esteban OCON+0.727 soft-new.png 5
  • 8  Sebastian VETTEL+0.735 soft-new.png 7
  • 9  Daniel RICCIARDO+0.833 soft-new.png 5
  • 10  Charles LECLERC+0.903 soft-new.png 7

Russell in P1.

I have just two questions:

1. What does that say about Bottas?

2.  Who said that Hamilton is the only one who can win in that car?

Wolff has to make some special arrangements over night, otherwise whole bubble of invincibility surrounding Hamilton might burst very quickly to great embarrassment for a few people.

‘Lewis Hamilton Is A Fraud’: Fans React To George Russell Topping FP1

Date 2020.12.04   Time 17:22 (UTC)

Well, I think I was ahead of my time. It didn't take long...

Explanation: Bottas damaged his car, which explains why he was slow.

Wolff: Hamilton ‘not great’ as he battles coronavirus

They will turn down Russell's car and boost Botta for qualy. Then stuff a wheel change for Russell. I like Russell. I hope he does well despite this. And remember that the c#ckpit isn't designed for Russell either. He's going to be very sore and bruised after this weekend.

What this shows is that Twitter is already calling Hamilton a fraud. FINALLY some people are waking up to this fact. I don't doubt Hamilton is an exceptional driver, but he is not better than Schumi or Senna, his padded stats are however. But the greats all faught for their titles, Hamilton hasn't. In fact Rosberg beat him in what was the closest of the Merc titles. Says alot doesn't it.

Also goes to show why Bottas is there. Slow and crap enough that he can still beat most accept VERs, but not in the same league as Hamilton. Then they can all pretend with this Hamilton is God complex. Accept Russell just showed that 1) He's a good driver and 2) The car is so damn good that anyone better than Bottas can beat the entire field.

Hulk doing good in his race for RP also shows this a well. If you are a driver above a certain calibre and put into a good car, you will excel right away.

Now just imagine Vettel or Vers in the Merc!!!! It would be magic. But Hamilton is a protected species. Wouldn't want to show him up now would we. I mean Button beat him in a season. Rosberg too. Accept no one criticises him about that. But poor old Vettel, we got to hear how Ricci trounced him and Leclerc and murdered him often.

The picture starts to become clearer. People write and re-write the narrative to suit who they support. They ignore the sh*t things Hamilton has done in his career like flat out lying to a steward, or the basically criminal activities that Alonso did like blackmail and instead deflect and attack Vettel. But but but but Multi 21 they say. Webber was robbed they say. I genuinely hope the tide is turning for an acceptance and respect for Vettel. He's a good honest driver, and has always fessed up when he's made a mistake. And the penalties he's copped are bulls##t. His Montreal win taken away will never sit right with me. He's also been off as a driver too for the last couple of years, but I think there is more to that story as well.

As for Russell, race your heart out boy!

People go off (track) for variety of reasons, and there is always some logical explanation. In Vettel's case there is only one. (His) ERROR. That's how people with access to microphone and written word prefer to portray his situation. Hate is plentiful. Include Multi 21 as his life long sin, yet nothing of course about causes giving birth to that incident. His detractors prefer to talk about Vettel's flawed character, instead Webber's malignant, career oriented politics.  I am of course referring to Horner's and Marko's explanations at later date casting light on Multi 21 incident.. Fact however is, no amount of explanation has changed minds, as evident from ongoing posted comments filled with malice by "fans" on various websites.

Life goes on.

8 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

They will turn down Russell's car and boost Botta for qualy. Then stuff a wheel change for Russell. I like Russell. I hope he does well despite this. And remember that the c#ckpit isn't designed for Russell either. He's going to be very sore and bruised after this weekend.

What this shows is that Twitter is already calling Hamilton a fraud. FINALLY some people are waking up to this fact. I don't doubt Hamilton is an exceptional driver, but he is not better than Schumi or Senna, his padded stats are however. But the greats all faught for their titles, Hamilton hasn't. In fact Rosberg beat him in what was the closest of the Merc titles. Says alot doesn't it.

Also goes to show why Bottas is there. Slow and crap enough that he can still beat most accept VERs, but not in the same league as Hamilton. Then they can all pretend with this Hamilton is God complex. Accept Russell just showed that 1) He's a good driver and 2) The car is so damn good that anyone better than Bottas can beat the entire field.

Hulk doing good in his race for RP also shows this a well. If you are a driver above a certain calibre and put into a good car, you will excel right away.

Now just imagine Vettel or Vers in the Merc!!!! It would be magic. But Hamilton is a protected species. Wouldn't want to show him up now would we. I mean Button beat him in a season. Rosberg too. Accept no one criticises him about that. But poor old Vettel, we got to hear how Ricci trounced him and Leclerc and murdered him often.

The picture starts to become clearer. People write and re-write the narrative to suit who they support. They ignore the sh*t things Hamilton has done in his career like flat out lying to a steward, or the basically criminal activities that Alonso did like blackmail and instead deflect and attack Vettel. But but but but Multi 21 they say. Webber was robbed they say. I genuinely hope the tide is turning for an acceptance and respect for Vettel. He's a good honest driver, and has always fessed up when he's made a mistake. And the penalties he's copped are bulls##t. His Montreal win taken away will never sit right with me. He's also been off as a driver too for the last couple of years, but I think there is more to that story as well.

As for Russell, race your heart out boy!

Exceptional post... Once again

Great stuff!!!

Date 2020.12.05   Time 18:02 (UTC)

• POS
  •  
  • DRIVERP TYRE TYRES USED
  • 1  Valtteri BOTTAS0:53.377 soft-new.png 7
  • 2  George RUSSELL+0.026 soft-new.png 7
  • 3  Max VERSTAPPEN+0.056 soft-new.png 5
  • 4  Charles LECLERC+0.236 soft-new.png 6
  • 5  Sergio PEREZ+0.413 soft-new.png 5
  • 6  Daniil KVYAT+0.529 soft-new.png 6
  • 7  Daniel RICCIARDO+0.580 soft-new.png 5
  • 8  Carlos SAINZ+0.633 soft-new.png 7
  • 9  Pierre GASLY+0.777 soft-new.png 6
  • 10  Lance STROLL+0.823 soft-new.png 6

Russell - extremely good.

Leclerc - very, very good. (Sebastian didn't make it into Q3).

Albon is also struggling, like Sauber boys.

MB - genie is out of the bottle confirming what was suspected for very long time.

Due to his injuries which keep him from racing, Gro is done with the F1. For now, this year, maybe for ever. As a fellow man I say, take it easy. You have nice wife, family, F1 is not everything.

See you around.

I don't wish harm on him by any means, but GRO should have been gone from F1 long ago. The fact he lasted so long at Lotus/Renault was shocking, but to see Haas continue to hire him year after year, showed they have no place in F1. And certainly will never amount to anything as a team. I hope Schumi Jnr comes out of his Haas experience without being damaged or hindered in some way.

KM, I think Mick will be better off to sit out last race, and let Hulk or Fiti handle it. Mick has no time to train on a simulator, and he can do just damage to his name even before he starts his official first year. Look at Russell this weekend; he did not win P1 in Quali, supposedly because he got layout of controls wrong. I take it on face value. That can happen to anyone, and the same crowd which hates his father will not back off in his case.

Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc crash at the start, bringing out Safety Car

ÚÚÚÚÚÚooooooúúúúú....

Bottas not on the board and Russell is there twice. Funny things happening in this race.

Verstappen is going to be angry, to put it mildly, but they both like to dive in like idiots, so no surprises here.

Leclerc and Perez has some story to tell.

Bottas and Vettel both don't look too good in this race. 

Bad news for LH.  If this ends as it is right now, you may be accused for choosing a weak competetior as a teammate..

Perez might damaged his car; suspected is a hit by Leclerc. I am not sure what exactly went on on the first lap.

This race completely disintegrated for MB, especially Russell. 4 stops and only 3 sec behind Bottas with 2 stops. Oh my lord. It's not over until it's over. Bravo Perez. (Tires, tires, tires...)

My vote - Sergio to RBR. He deserves that seat.

R   Nicholas Latifi Canada Williams-Mercedes 52  
R   Max Verstappen Netherlands Red Bull-Honda 0 Accident
R   Charles Leclerc Monaco Ferrari 0 Accident

I feel foolish to ask, but what's the "R" stands for in tabulated race results? (grand prix.com)

"R" is in the column which lists a race position. (Its meaning eludes me right now). Normally one would see DNF or DNS, etc., but R?

7 hours ago, Sakae said:

I feel foolish to ask, but what's the "R" stands for in tabulated race results? (grand prix.com)

"R" is in the column which lists a race position. (Its meaning eludes me right now). Normally one would see DNF or DNS, etc., but R?

Exactly. Why is Retired there..

"It's painful what they (Merc) did to Russel