Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Rolex Sakhir Grand Prix 2020

MB messed up, however I don't think it was intentional. Miserable things do happen side by side with good stuff.  It really also looks like that car could have won all races since 2014 without much sweat.

New headline - new star is born (Russell). Well, take it easy with such declarations. He drove well, extremly well, but there are undoubtedly more people on the grid who can drive it at the same level. Bottas's tires let him down badly yesterday and that placed him unfortunately for him into ridiculous light.

Russell' worth is up, some media declared. Well maybe so, but at the same time can we say Hamilton's worth felt off the cliff and definitely bellow 60 MM per season he supposedly seeks in this economy? My take - UK insist on Brexit. MB should respect that wish, hire consequently German drivers, and come home with that business. MB is a German entity, and there is nowhere written they have to hire only British drivers. Hire Perez instead Hamilton. The same performance, and much less expensive and less daily pomp.

I find funny (but hardly surprising, as it was bound to happen), as Verstappen is taking shots at Leclerc, yet he is the one who has done the same to Vettel more than once just when he started racing for RBR, and to add insult to injury, he was widely applauded for it as gung-ho, whilst Vettel was ridiculed. 

Life goes on. One more time.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

MB messed up, however I don't think it was intentional. Miserable things do happen side by side with good stuff.  It really also looks like that car could have won all races since 2014 without much sweat.

New headline - new star is born (Russell). Well, take it easy with such declarations. He drove well, extremly well, but there are undoubtedly more people on the grid who can drive it at the same level. Bottas's tires let him down badly yesterday and that placed him unfortunately for him into ridiculous light.

Russell' worth is up, some media declared. Well maybe so, but at the same time can we say Hamilton's worth felt off the cliff and definitely bellow 60 MM per season he supposedly seeks in this economy? My take - UK insist on Brexit. MB should respect that wish, hire consequently German drivers, and come home with that business. MB is a German entity, and there is nowhere written they have to hire only British drivers. Hire Perez instead Hamilton. The same performance, and much less expensive and less daily pomp.

I find funny (but hardly surprising, as it was bound to happen), as Verstappen is taking shots at Leclerc, yet he is the one who has done the same to Vettel more than once just when he started racing for RBR, and to add insult to injury, he was widely applauded for it as gung-ho, whilst Vettel was ridiculed. 

Life goes on. One more time.

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Remember Spa 2-3 years ago, and many more. Running into Kimi first corner, exact same thing. Hopefully Leclerc will mature like Verstappen has done the last 2 years.... 

On Russel, maybe it was just.a collossal fckup, but it certainly would'nt have helped had Russel won and beat Bottas, which was actually happening...

37 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. Remember Spa 2-3 years ago, and many more. Running into Kimi first corner, exact same thing. Hopefully Leclerc will mature like Verstappen has done the last 2 years.... 

On Russel, maybe it was just.a collossal fckup, but it certainly would'nt have helped had Russel won and beat Bottas, which was actually happening...

That's true, but we all could see that Bottas' tires simply didn't held up. Beats me why his tires, and not Russell's. To compare in balanced way those two, brilliant as Russell was, we would most likely need more than one race. That's what I think.

40 minutes ago, Sakae said:

That's true, but we all could see that Bottas' tires simply didn't held up. Beats me why his tires, and not Russell's. To compare in balanced way those two, brilliant as Russell was, we would most likely need more than one race. That's what I think.

Yes Sakae, but he was "beating" Bottas in his very first race with Merc. How easy is it to drive that car then???

21 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes Sakae, but he was "beating" Bottas in his very first race with Merc. How easy is it to drive that car then???

I have only one idea regarding that car. I don't want to hear EVER again from anyone, how GOAL Hamilton is. 

On 12/5/2020 at 11:13 AM, KoolMonkey said:

They will turn down Russell's car and boost Botta for qualy. Then stuff a wheel change for Russell. I like Russell. I hope he does well despite this. And remember that the c#ckpit isn't designed for Russell either. He's going to be very sore and bruised after this weekend.

What this shows is that Twitter is already calling Hamilton a fraud. FINALLY some people are waking up to this fact. I don't doubt Hamilton is an exceptional driver, but he is not better than Schumi or Senna, his padded stats are however. But the greats all faught for their titles, Hamilton hasn't. In fact Rosberg beat him in what was the closest of the Merc titles. Says alot doesn't it.

Also goes to show why Bottas is there. Slow and crap enough that he can still beat most accept VERs, but not in the same league as Hamilton. Then they can all pretend with this Hamilton is God complex. Accept Russell just showed that 1) He's a good driver and 2) The car is so damn good that anyone better than Bottas can beat the entire field.

Hulk doing good in his race for RP also shows this a well. If you are a driver above a certain calibre and put into a good car, you will excel right away.

Now just imagine Vettel or Vers in the Merc!!!! It would be magic. But Hamilton is a protected species. Wouldn't want to show him up now would we. I mean Button beat him in a season. Rosberg too. Accept no one criticises him about that. But poor old Vettel, we got to hear how Ricci trounced him and Leclerc and murdered him often.

The picture starts to become clearer. People write and re-write the narrative to suit who they support. They ignore the sh*t things Hamilton has done in his career like flat out lying to a steward, or the basically criminal activities that Alonso did like blackmail and instead deflect and attack Vettel. But but but but Multi 21 they say. Webber was robbed they say. I genuinely hope the tide is turning for an acceptance and respect for Vettel. He's a good honest driver, and has always fessed up when he's made a mistake. And the penalties he's copped are bulls##t. His Montreal win taken away will never sit right with me. He's also been off as a driver too for the last couple of years, but I think there is more to that story as well.

As for Russell, race your heart out boy!

And there you have it. What a travesty that Russell was denied a race win. I feel for the lad :(

Bottas is a sham. This should put the nail in the coffin of his career and prove to even the doubters he was nothing more than a willing #2. He can't surely have believed he was ever seriously going to get a chance to win a title!? And not even a good #2 either. You'd have to rate him as last on the list behind Massa and Ruben's wouldn't you.

Sweet justice and karma for Ver and Leclerc. I couldn't give a s##t about what happened, but I smiled all the same knowing Ferrari had only screwed themselves. To so obviously stuff Vettel again on another botched pitstop, and leave him out to die not caring about him or trying to help via strategy. I really am going to burn my Ferrari hats once this season is over. Amazing. And they all get to keep their jobs, because they can just dump more crap onto Vettel as though their blatant meddling in his races, it somehow Vettel's fault. I know the RP won the race, but Vettel has to be smiling right about now for next year doesn't he. The future looks very bright and hopefully not pink, I still can't stand the colours.

PS. Modern F1 is ALL ABOUT THE CAR, engine and PU. The driver only makes a difference when they are not up to par. If Albon had been driving the Merc, then he'd have done about as poorly as Bottas. But if Ver, Vettel, Kimi, Ricci, heck even Alonso were in that Merc they all would have murdered Bottas. I won't argue that Lulu is a good driver, but he's no GOAT by any means. Only the Brits and press give him that tag anyway. But this will finally open some peoples eyes that the current Merc is so ridiculously dominate, that a driver who has never driven the car, who had to wear shoes one size to small just to fit into the c#ckpit that didn't fit his frame and had 4hrs testing in the car total, dominated the race until Merc stuffed up the pitstop.

And on the topic of pitstops, was it intentional? We might never know... but I'll put this gem out there. Can anyone show me a worse more chaotic pitstop that what we just saw, ever in the history of modern day Merc? Right when the whole argument of it's not the driver it's the car topic was going to be blown wide open? I'm not a big believer in co-incidences. Seems rather suspect to have Mercs worst pitstop ever in their history, right when Lulu would get found out as officially having a chump for a team mate to mess with the perception he's God like -- and the debate of car vs driver being laid bare when a car so damn quick a newbie could win in it, that in their best interests, Bottas finishes ahead of Russell just like they wanted all along. Hmmm

Gentlemen, what are we going to talk about when this F1 entertainment goes into hibernation?

KM, there is first time for everything, including a bad pitstop. It is however possible, that race development caught pit by surprise, and confusion ensued. Obviously I think that not all people are fundamentally low life characters; just humans who do make mistakes from time to time.

Date 2020.12.07   Time 21:32 (UTC)

F1 site writes:

Not for the first time, Vettel endured pit stop misery – not once but twice – and collectively, that ended any hopes he had of points and taking advantage of the opportunities in an unpredictable race.

Not for first time this season either.

Conspiracy to sabotage his race? Probably not so.

Why then? I think they are just going through motions, disinterested to excel, and this business when a pit stop is constituted by 24 people in motion, and it takes 1:3 sec from stop to go for top performers, Vettel's support crew, optics do suggest, couldn't care less, and 1.3 sec is a thing of the past. Vettel could get out of the car and change wheels himself, and I don't think they would be moved and assist him with that.

Seb said the other day how mechanics are friendly and helpful. I think he is too kind. Data and stop watch do suggest something else.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.07   Time 21:32 (UTC)

F1 site writes:

Not for first time this season either.

Conspiracy to sabotage his race? Probably not so.

Why then? I think they are just going through motions, disinterested to excel, and this business when a pit stop is constituted by 24 people in motion, and it takes 1:3 sec from stop to go for top performers, Vettel's support crew, optics do suggest, couldn't care less, and 1.3 sec is a thing of the past. Vettel could get out of the car and change wheels himself, and I don't think they would be moved and assist him with that.

Seb said the other day how mechanics are friendly and helpful. I think he is too kind. Data and stop watch do suggest something else.

Its almost EVERY RACE, and especially non-present when Binotto is absent from the races!!!

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Its almost EVERY RACE, and especially non-present when Binotto is absent from the races!!!

Date 2020.12.08   Time 6:36 (UTC)

Yeah, optics of his case are bad. There is no way to put it in any other way. I do wonder if in later years we are will get to the bottom of what went on in 2020 on his side of the garage. Binotto said, that comparative analysis of time charts between their two drivers, Vettel was loosing on Leclerc in small increments in such areas as choosing breaking point, or when to step on gas. Cumulative lossess moved him back on the time board.

Taking this information on its face value, I am not sure why that would be, but if so, obviously it has to do then something about his lack of trust that he can keep his car on tarmac, instead in a ditch. In the past he was overdriving it, just to compensate car shortcomings, went off often, and became known as (idiotic sideline comments by so called "expert") spent force who makes too many ERRORS. Do you remember printed headlines? Just him, not the other drivers.

Not however this year. The same car, he is more careful, but then he ends up in P15 on the charts. 

Whole team is undoubtedly demoralised, including Seb. I am definitely not in a position to give him any advices, but based on what he admitted to in recent conversation - doubting himself, I would say over winter break he should find a good sport psychologist, and talk it over. (Something like that). If I am not mistaken, Hamilton was long time ago in similar mental spot, and had to talk to someone (despite denials).

F1 site:

(Pitstops 4sec+) And with Vettel left to finish Vettel outside the points in P12, the German said it was an issue that needed looking at. “It’s tough enough for the guys, so I feel sorry for them,” said Vettel of his mechanics. “[The equipment] probably needs an overhaul on the design because it’s not the guys’ fault.”

But, but, but - why his equipment, and not his teammate?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

F1 site:

But, but, but - why his equipment, and not his teammate?

Vettel is being... whatsthatwordagain... magnanomous. He's been with the team for a long period, and do not wish to lay blame on his side of garage.