Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2020

Now this last hurrah this weekend for this year, and not a moment too soon.   

After this race noise will subside, as a few young men will say good bye for good, for a while (maybe Perez), or just to the team, as new one opened theirs door to welcome them elsewhere. I will miss them all for they were part of my leisure-life with all good and bad.  

With some relieve I am glad this phoney show with phoney narrative is over. We need rest before it starts all over. 

I will continue to root for Sebastian, whilst monitoring progress of young duo Mick and Yuki, and teams like Scuderia AlphaTauri, and Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN.

That's a plan.

56 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Now this last hurrah this weekend for this year, and not a moment too soon.   

After this race noise will subside, as a few young men will say good bye for good, for a while (maybe Perez), or just to the team, as new one opened theirs door to welcome them elsewhere. I will miss them all for they were part of my leisure-life with all good and bad.  

With some relieve I am glad this phoney show with phoney narrative is over. We need rest before it starts all over. 

I will continue to root for Sebastian, whilst monitoring progress of young duo Mick and Yuki, and teams like Scuderia AlphaTauri, and Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN.

That's a plan.

Amen to that

Date 2020.12.10   Time 18:32 (UTC)

Hamilton is supposedly cleared to race. It's good he got out of it. I am not fond of the fellow, however regardless who it is and how we feel about the person, no one can be happy to see people helpless in a hospital. End of the year is back to normal then. Excellent.

So, Russell had one chance, and maybe he gets another one. Makes me wonder how Ocon fits into it (a seat with MB), if at all. 

Date 2020.12.12   Time 11:13 (UTC)

grandprix.com

Saturday Practice Session 3
POS DRIVER NATIONALITY ENTRANT TIME
1. Max Verstappen Netherlands Red Bull Racing Honda 1:36.251
2. Alexander Albon Thailand Red Bull Racing Honda 1:36.752
3. Daniel Ricciardo Australia Renault 1:36.877
4. Esteban Ocon France Renault 1:36.899
5. Lando Norris Britain McLaren-Renault 1:36.994

Where is Hamilton? Lazy to drive properly? Couldn't be bothered, or continue to complain that car is all screwed up after Bahrain? His fans are claiming he is poised (WTH) to strike. Well sure, race is tomorrow, and Quali is coming up soon, so not much is lost yet.

If Russell hadn't' done so well in the last race, then Lulu wouldn't be racing this race. I think he saw how good Russell did and pushed to get back in the car.

At this point I don't trust a single team or the FIA when it comes to Covid. Perez had it, Stroll Jr had it. Hamilton had it. Binotto the Clown has it. So much for a secure travel bubble. The $$$ is simply to great. As they say the show much go on.

I'm also not convinced Lulu is good to race, but that's just a gut feeling.

Date 2020.12.12   Time 14:04 (UTC)

• POS
  •  
  • DRIVER
  • 1  Max VERSTAPPEN1:35.246 soft-new.png 5
  • 2  Valtteri BOTTAS+0.025 soft-new.png 6
  • 3  Lewis HAMILTON+0.086 soft-new.png 

It's over for this year. No point to talk about Ferrari, but geez-wiz...

Is it just me or MB is turning into one sloppy team. Is Wolff testing his potential replacement?

Bahrain...

Now this...MB is surprised...blah blah...

2 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

I'm also not convinced Lulu is good to race, but that's just a gut feeling.

So it seems.

Lungs, weight problem, car balance, Russell ... it all ads up.

29 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Is he really fit to race???

Its anyone's guess Brad. It's Hamilton we are speaking about. He has done a good job with masking the ease of sitting in that Mercedes. I have personally seen too much of him crying to bono about dead tyres, to realize, that he would not mind using some other opportunity to show he's having a difficult time, when in reality, he's not.

But that's my doubtful a## thinking about this s##t.. All I can do is stub my nose at it.

Regardless of my judgements, Ill give him the benefit of doubt in this case. I hope he is fit to race and finishes the race without any issues.

31 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Its anyone's guess Brad. It's Hamilton we are speaking about. He has done a good job with masking the ease of sitting in that Mercedes. I have personally seen too much of him crying to bono about dead tyres, to realize, that he would not mind using some other opportunity to show he's having a difficult time, when in reality, he's not.

But that's my doubtful a## thinking about this s##t.. All I can do is stub my nose at it.

Regardless of my judgements, Ill give him the benefit of doubt in this case. I hope he is fit to race and finishes the race without any issues.

Why would he really race, he's won the 7th title, Constructors Championship is sealed. Just take a break ..dude...RECOVER. This just amplifies the fact he's racing for bargaining power. ALOT of "damage" was done with that one race with Russel standing-in...

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

ALOT of "damage" was done with that one race with Russel standing-in...

Well, that might be at the root of his concerns.

19 hours ago, Sakae said:

So it seems.

Lungs, weight problem, car balance, Russell ... it all ads up.

Hamilton complained about all of those things, and as the matter of fact, I have not idea how bad it is, but last thing he needs to have Russell winning last race in his car. He complained about difficulty with breathing, he lost weight, and didn't like car balance.

On the other hand, when pandemic hit us, I've read somewhere, that once you contract virus, your lungs get permanently damaged. I am not doctor and cannot tell you therefore severity of such damage, or overall physical conditions for that to happen.

It is certain that he himself, doctors and Wolff decided he can race. There was however no need for that for there was nothing to prove this year, whereas Russell...

There's a quote about Russell having all the same car settings as Hamilton... then Hamilton comes in and bulls##ts and says Russell changed everything. Sure whatever dude.

See this proves my gut feeling, he is definitely not okay to race. How can you get Covid and recover and be back in a race less then 2 weeks later? Very fishy. Now he's got breathing problems and weight loss, and this doesn't ring alarm bells?

Just shows how great Russell did. Can you imagine Merc not sabotaging him and he wins the race? Lulu's asking price for re-contact negotiations would take a massive devaluing.

I don't buy Merc's explanation on how they fvcked Russell's race. It's bogus. That was the worst pitstop in 7-8 years of Merc being a team again. And right when Russell was going to hammer the hammer time fool and show any good driver can dominate in that car. It will never sit right with me, and Wolff is a proven misdirector and bulls##tter, so I don't trust him.

Hamilton should NOT be racing. He could still be infectious and is not healthy enough. How can the FIA allow this? I guess because he's the protected one. I hope VERs wins and Hamilton has a car failure. All that remains is Vettel to get some points and beat Leclerc, then GTF out of that sewer of a team and onto bigger and better things.

MB placed Hamilton's name on the FiA's preliminary list of nominated drivers for next year. I am disappointed. 

Date 2020.12.13   Time 14:52 (UTC)

RACE
55 55

• 1Max VERSTAPPENLEADER
  • 2Valtteri BOTTAS+15.976
  • 3Lewis HAMILTON+18.415

That was 2020.

THE END.

Congrats MadMax. Great drive, thoroughly deserved...

My word, Ferrari. This is what u get for shafting an experienced 4x champ folks. No luck for their preferred golden boy strategy this time, or depending on those around you. I don't see them improving loads in 2021. They don't have adequate development driver input... Maybe Sainz will help in that department, but is he better than Seb, definately not...

Looking forward to Seb's integration (do keep us updated with developments Sakae, will try my best too) into AM and then his racing next year. The truth will be laid bare...

Best of the rest, Mclaren powered by Renault.  In what will B Renault`s last race in F1  before the rebranding 2 Alpine.

Successfully beating the works team Renault.  Will Mclaren  B allowed 2 beat Mercedes works team when, Mclaren become a Mercedes customer team again, in 2021 ?

McLaren won't be beating Mercedes ever. Merc will dominate again until they new engine regulations come into affect. By then he'll be a 9-10 WDC.

I'm not sure how much better McLaren will be... but possibly they become the 3rd top team on the grid behind RBR and Merc.

13 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

McLaren won't be beating Mercedes ever. Merc will dominate again until they new engine regulations come into affect. By then he'll be a 9-10 WDC.

I'm not sure how much better McLaren will be... but possibly they become the 3rd top team on the grid behind RBR and Merc.

I'de like the pendulum to swing to Merc (Works) vs AM (Customer). RBR 3rd and whoever follows.

I'm dreaming of course 😊