Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

So Bottas has a contract for next year. Lately, he looks like a broken man, from what I detect of his pictures. Would it help to maybe think about... retiring, or moving on.

Spare a thought for the guy...

11 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

So Bottas has a contract for next year. Lately, he looks like a broken man, from what I detect of his pictures. Would it help to maybe think about... retiring, or moving on.

Spare a thought for the guy...

Yes. Seeing him these days, I guess servitude is not an easy job.

Amazing progress by Alfa during the year. Kimi was able to keep the Ferrari's at bay in Abu Dhabi. I'm happy for the team.

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/750880/Alfa_Romeo_Beating_Ferrari_in_finale_shows_2020_progress/

As we've mentioned before, look at this pic. I love it. Respect between TP and driver. Love Gio's progress too with Kimi as teammate, think he is learning alot. Love his humble nature.

spacer.png

Date 2020.12.15   Time 11:00 (UTC)

F1 REVEALS ENTRY FEES FOR 2021 SEASON

Liberty is just taking... teams do work, they spend money to make a show, and they still have to pay money for "privilege" being taken for a ride.

What Liberty and CVC do again to earn that cash? 

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/12/15/f1-reveals-entry-fees-for-2021-season/

I am not sure why 4 teams have to pay more next year than they were paying in 2020. (McLaren, RP, Alpha, and Renault.)

42 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2020.12.15   Time 11:00 (UTC)

Liberty is just taking... teams do work, they spend money to make a show, and they still have to pay money for "privilege" being taken for a ride.

What Liberty and CVC do again...? 

https://www.grandprix247.com/2020/12/15/f1-reveals-entry-fees-for-2021-season/

They remind me of a former director, a certain Mister Mosley. Their rules, Their show, Their way of doing things. And let no one tell them otherwise

Maybe I'm just naive, but where have you ever heard of such a thing...

"However, the constructors’ champions must pay an additional $6,677 for each point scored, meaning Mercedes’ bill is substantially larger than any other team’s.... As a result, Mercedes will pay $4,382,430 for the privilege of defending their title, although it’s worth noting that the loss of races due to the COVID-19 pandemic means there were less points on offer for 2020, and thus even Mercedes got a discount compared to the fee they had to pay this past season."

Looks like I am due to server error unable answer Alonso related posts.

Date 2020.12.16   Time 7:39 (UTC)

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 10:55 AM, Sakae said:

Yes. Seeing him these days, I guess servitude is not an easy job.

Certainly Irvine, Barrichello, and Massa must have felt that way in their dealings with Schumacher. Especially Felipe having also to serve Alonso, when he was with the Scuderia. Massa will probably never forget while I believe he was leading a German GP, and receiving that call from his engineer Rob Smedley telling him that he had to move over, because as he said, " Fernando is faster than you."

Back to YDT

People need to make certain, that compared are oranges to oranges. I can think of several factors which could facilitate Alonso driving faster times during YDT.

I am sure there are several aspects of this story which are suspect and could make difference. I am just hoping we aren't going to be subjected full year to some mythical nonsense about Alonso's superpowers, all grossly removed from reality.

Alonso is rested, whereas others have difficult season behind them with congested schedule. Drivers were tired, as we heard, and most likely on decline from their peak performance. I haven't actually seen recorded time, but it take a fraction of a second for a driver to fall from grace. 

During YDT conditions for car setup, selection of tires, and fuel loads are quite liberal, normally not available in any race weekend.

Was Alonso driving a car in 2020 trim, or Renault gave him push and mounted a few new 2021 developments?

Note: This and previous post were just one, but I was not able to save it. Breaking it in two as is, then it was OK.

"It is believed Vettel has taken quite a considerable pay cut to remain in Formula 1 with Aston Martin from next season and signed a deal reportedly worth £14million-a-year."

Was it 14 mil. Thought it was lower?

BE

I have my up and down with the man, but he is the only one in this F1-world, who resonates with me more often than not, despite often dreaming about punching him on his nose.

Interesting... very interesting...

"However, teams running customer gearboxes and suspension, such as Racing Point and AlphaTauri, will be able to upgrade those elements without using their token allocation."

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/751758/Ferrari_Twist_in_token_system_gives_rivals_competitive_advantage/

Go Vettel!!!

Token system drives me crazy. Team owners should hire some thinking, clear eye people for running the series. Virus in UK seems affecting more than just respiratory system parts and function.

Civility is something that is practiced, and NOT just spoken about.

What is a civilised outlook of a forum or a journal? To accommodate an altering  viewpoint without preconceptions, and accepting responses. Maybe people need to watch a season or 2 of Blackadder to lighten up or to be introduced to some accomodating sense humour for god's sake.

Maybe we should delete the delete button that rests in the hands of the few, to avoide personal perceptions to play out in an uncivilised way. Or have more than one person to press the delete button for something to be deleted without a fair reasoning.

In an open forum/journal, the power of delete button should be used without personal prejudice. 

Power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately.

Your sense of humor is not my sense of humor. We have The Cafe forum. Use it, please. No one is stopping you.

Lipstick is posting her jokes there. I cannot see why it would not be good enough for you.

12 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Your sense of humor is not mine sense of humor. We have The Cafe forum. Use it, please. No one is stopping you.

Lipstick is posting her jokes there. I cannot see why it would not be good enough for you.

🙁

I am, on a website that's about F1,, In a forum that's about F1,, and was under a topic that was about the funny side of F1, and sharing something that Related to F1. There was nothing outside of F1 or offensive about / or directed at anyone, just plain F1 stuff, and humorous in its nature for god's sake..

Please help me understand, why THAT would NOT be good enough for YOU? Or should not be good enough for anyone for That matter..

I share my thoughts / humour with everyone here, and not just with one person. So if It's Wrong coz it's out of One persons comprehension of humour, as you say, That's unfortunate. It's unfortunate that someone would choose to look at it that way.

So basically anything that cannot be understood by one person, should not be enjoyed / discussed / debated by others too? And could be deleted without a fair reasoning? Is THAT what we are trying to imply?

If I offend someone, and they were to point it out, I would be humble enough to either clarify my thoughts or even apologize if I've realized I've been wrong about something.

Anyways.. Yours? Mine? Why are things being taken this personally in here?,, I don't get it.. I thought this here is a open forum, why such a communist outlook towards things? Jeez man.. have a cake 🎂  already..

Just because I don't understand a joke, it does not mean that I will stop others from enjoying it. Let alone deleting it.

We come together on this particular section of internet for a reason - F1.

The Cafe Forum, (by its OWN definition for god's sake), is for Non-Motorsports related topics. Lipstick shares non-motorsports, non-F1 related things over there, and that's understandable. Why is there a need to put up a F1 related topic under the cafe, just because it's humours in nature, now we not allowed to even share humor??  I don't get it.. And if a F1 related topic is under the F1 section, why is that NOT ok?

I am appalled by the selective and unfair sensorship practices.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, blackpebel said:

🙁

I am, on a website that's about F1,, In a forum that's about F1,, and was under a topic that was about the funny side of F1, and sharing something that Related to F1. There was nothing outside of F1 or offensive about / or directed at anyone, just plain F1 stuff, and humorous in its nature for god's sake..

Please help me understand, why THAT would NOT be good enough for YOU? Or should not be good enough for anyone for That matter..

I share my thoughts / humour with everyone here, and not just with one person. So if It's Wrong coz it's out of One persons comprehension of humour, as you say, That's unfortunate. It's unfortunate that someone would choose to look at it that way.

So basically anything that cannot be understood by one person, should not be enjoyed / discussed / debated by others too? And could be deleted without a fair reasoning? Is THAT what we are trying to imply?

If I offend someone, and they were to point it out, I would be humble enough to either clarify my thoughts or even apologize if I've realized I've been wrong about something.

Anyways.. Yours? Mine? Why are things being taken this personally in here?,, I don't get it.. I thought this here is a open forum, why such a communist outlook towards things? Jeez man.. have a cake 🎂  already..

Just because I don't understand a joke, it does not mean that I will stop others from enjoying it. Let alone deleting it.

We come together on this particular section of internet for a reason - F1.

The Cafe Forum, (by its OWN definition for god's sake), is for Non-Motorsports related topics. Lipstick shares non-motorsports, non-F1 related things over there, and that's understandable. Why is there a need to put up a F1 related topic under the cafe, just because it's humours in nature, now we not allowed to even share humor??  I don't get it.. And if a F1 related topic is under the F1 section, why is that NOT ok?

I am appalled by the selective and unfair sensorship practices.

We hear you bp. But we still respectfully ask that you rather open threads under the appropriate forum. It helps us. I know we all don't like...tradition, but this is the way the system here was designed/developed. It helps that it does'nt clog up certain forums.

It may not make sense to you, but we still ask that you respect this