Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

18 hours ago, blackpebel said:

McLaren looks good. I personally think Zak Brown has been a healthy addition to McLarens recent past, the present and the foreseeable future.

Brown has NOT brought ANY sponsors, the car looks bare.
The Vodaphone Mclaren mp4/26 looked good, were fast

The MP4/14 was the fastest car of the season, with aerodynamics that was even more advanced than the previous year's all-conquering MP4/13, while the Mercedes engine remained the most powerful on the grid NOTHIN much changes, that WERE last centaury, and Mercedes R STILL ruelin F1

Edited by lipstick79

On 1/1/2021 at 11:29 PM, blackpebel said:

It has been an uphill task for just about everyone that is competing against Mercedes. I think that is one team that has been happy-go-lucky throughout all its business within F1 recently, and that's McLaren. From appointing seidl to getting new sponsorships, to letting go of Alonso, to changing over to Mercedes PU, and making the whole grid stick to the budget CAP and creating a harmonious atmosphere for everyone around to thrive in... all these have contributed to McLaren bring in good results. And I see Zak going about his business with a certain sense of ease that enthusiasm.. I still don't understand the flak against Zak, the team bonding within McLaren is really good, and progressive.

Its time for people to take a step away from all the perceptions we have built up and look at the current state of McLaren, and decide for ourselves if it looks like a healthy outfit.

Zak deserves some credit for the strength this team has built up lately.

Mclaren for 2nd in constructors in 2021! 🤘

bp.

It is NO COINCIDENCE that Mclaren has dramatically improved since the introduction of Andreas Seidl as TP. It has played right into the hands of Zak, a bigger mouthpiece you will not find... anywhere else

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

bp.

It is NO COINCIDENCE that Mclaren has dramatically improved since the introduction of Andreas Seidl as TP. It has played right into the hands of Zak, a bigger mouthpiece you will not find... anywhere else

Annhhh.. it's working well for them, whatever it is.. seems good to me...

Poor Kvyat. This guy must be crying his eyes out. His relationship with Verstappen is probably slightly lower than ice cold. It is noted in this off-season, it was Verstappen who has taken his seat at RBR, and to add insult to the injury, Max is now supposedly holidaying with his (now former) girlfriend. So, what's next, assuming anything is left of value.

Life can be cruel sometimes. 

Date 2021.01.05   Time 14:58 (UTC)

Wolff unrestrained.

To be honest, I am surprised by Torger's position. What's wrong engines being close to each other in terms of power? Guessing magnitute of an acceptable gap is a subjective task, but 15 or 20 HP relative gap is definitely different situation than being 50+ HP down on top dog. (I wonder if that's where Ferrari was in 2020.) Question is, are there some other areas where power plant can compensate minor differences? The answer is of course resounding yes.

"The power unit is not only measured by the sheer max power, but it is subject to drivability, to weight, to cooling and introducing a simple formula that fits all isn't possible."

I don't want one engine for all, but there has to be some common sense in this business. Renault for example despite some lesser HP was always excellent in drivability, which won them a few trophies. Let's do that again. 

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

Poor Kvyat. This guy must be crying his eyes out. His relationship with Verstappen is probably slightly lower than ice cold. It is noted in this off-season, it was Verstappen who has taken his seat at RBR, and to add insult to the injury, Max is now supposedly holidaying with his (now former) girlfriend. So, what's next, assuming anything is left of value.

Life can be cruel sometimes. 

Oh dear, in it for the money I guess, that's how it is nowadays... Maybe I'm just being cynical..

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Oh dear, in it for the money I guess, that's how it is nowadays... Maybe I'm just being cynical..

spacer.png

Nature is full of remarkable wonders. 

Sad.

I am a technical person, and described changes within attached article violate my deeply engrained principles regarding sound development of a product, in this case a racing car.  All what I can think now if there is no Article 25 in F1 ("constitution") which can be applied against F1 leadership, in this case I think there certainly should be one.  

- compare -

F1 Insider:

One thing is certain: Mazepin enters the season as well prepared as F2 champion and Ferrari junior Mick Schumacher. His father Dmitry, a Russian oligarch, paid millions to give his son a wealth of experience going into his first season in the premier class. In 2019, for example, he financed a twelve-day test for his filius in two-year-old Mercedes Formula One race cars – at six different circuits and with Mercedes junior Esteban Ocon as his “driving instructor.”

There is nothing better than on track testing, learning, and settling in. How contrastive Mazepin's approach is to current trend imposed by F1 management. BTW, this new guy seems pretty arogant just from the gate, and talking big (like someone else we know). 

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

a friggin 12 day test!!! WTH.. and then he still accumulated all those penalty points!!! The things money buys...

The idea was sound. Problem is, every team needs it through the year, I think, but there are people at the F1 helm who have some different ideas.

Randomness their policies inducing (anomalies in reliability and flawed design) into racing probably serve as grid shuffling tool and replacement for midfield getting chance to advance on the grid. Just like all mimics Whiting, Brawn and Co. introduced in past a few years. 

What's going on here....

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/753218/The_Greatest_Comeback_Since_Lazarus_Rich_Energy_Claims_It_Will_Return_To_F1/

Surely they are not looking to join and follow another famous brand Cognizant to AM... hope it is not a Slack acquisition for AM

“Today [10 July] Rich Energy terminated our contract with the Haas Formula One team for poor performance,” the energy drink brand said in a statement in 2019.

“We aim to beat Red Bull Racing and to be behind Williams Racing in Austria is unacceptable. The politics and PC attitude in Formula One is also inhibiting our business. We wish the team well. It is unclear if Rich Energy will be returning to Formula One as a sponsor of a team or an individual driver, but the F1 community is likely to be cautious when dealing with the firm given the manner in which they ditched Haas and withheld payment.”

Certainly not a sponsor I would want. Unless of course, they comprehensively tie down the fine-print 

According to La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Formula 1 is considering postponing the new rules for one more year due to the outbreak of the British mutation of the virus. With seven of the ten teams based in Britain, they are hugely affected and there are concerns about the financial implications for the teams.

So there might be further postpostment on new rules. 

Who's for it. Who's against it?

It would certainly help a team like AM, furthering a bag of good point hauls...

BTW, How was Merc able to fix their problematic engine at the start of last season. Did they use a token?

Date 2021.01.13   Time 12:30 (UTC)

Regarding MB, there was nothing in print about tokens, so I take it MB was able to side-step any restrictions if any. Postponement of season start afforded them time for fixing the issue. Regarding next year regulations, I expect some screaming from RBR.

What are chances that Italy will have again 2 races per season? Well, they want two, and allegedly Domenicali is suppose to make it happen, says grandprix.com  (I should say hopefully.)

Imola confident of permanent slot

Unless Ferrari begins to start winning races again, I can't see it happening. 

https://www.grandprix.com/news/imola-confident-of-permanent-slot.html

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

What are chances that Italy will have again 2 races per season? Well, they want two, and allegedly Domenicali is suppose to make it happen, says grandprix.com  (I should say hopefully.)

https://www.grandprix.com/news/imola-confident-of-permanent-slot.html

I like the fact he's honest enough to tell the world about Stefano and his advocacy for Imola

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Whilst I am NOT a Ferrari fan.  Ferrari WILL argue;
Unless THAT happens, Ferrari will NOT start winning races again
Everybody IS gettin tiered of the Mercedes and Hamilton dominance much like with the Ferrari and Schumacher dominance .
Then along comes Red Bull with, the Newey brilliance.  For the Redbull Renault and Seb dominance.
It is, what it is.  
Ferrari is NOT the ONLY team.  Struggelin 2 perform with these regs.
Former champions, William`s  ARE struggelin.  Though Williams were, ALSO struggelin at the end of the V8 era ALSO.
So it is NOT a complete argument AGAINST these regs in, the turbo hybrid era

Edited by lipstick79

I'm looking forward to 2 battles this season...

Verstappen vs Perez

Leclerc vs Sainz  (judging the way "bitchy" Ferrari has treated Vettel, they will probably try and slow down Sainz, if he gets too far ahead. They would not want to upset the golden boy)

The established drivers of course has the ascendency, but will love to see how these battles develop

I'will watch EU based teams with special focus on Vettel's attempt to clear his name. Haas hired bunch of (now) former Ferrari personnel, so let see how that develops, despite my rather pessimistic assumption, that people who were let go weren't really top guns, yet it could be still an interesting experiment.

Scanning pages of F1 media during winter hibernation is never great fun, so I should not be disappointed this year is not different. I am however also noticing a new tone which is creeping into conversation. Toxic, thinly veiled hatred, which has nothing to do with the sport. UK vs Europe, Brexit has done its fair share, COVID has contributed to our depression, and now we have Hamilton who got on his car what is essentially a political statement - END RACISM. I am wondering whether this was necessary, or even good idea which will serve its intended purpose. Why he draws even attention to such societal issue in this sport? If he wants that, should we - for balance - have another 20 or 100 similar statements on all kind of issues plastered over F1 cars? Why he gets his way and not the others to stated their greivances with life and societies?

American comedian Bill Maher said this recently (paraphrasing): "I don't want to say - I am white, and you are African-American, or black. I rather think, when we are talking, you are a person, just like I am one. No need to induce colour of skin into our conversation, which makes our talk immediately toxic, draws unnecessarily attention to a problem which doesn't exist when we talk."

An American man of colour actually pointed out to us recently how blacks do hate being called African-American. Why not just Americans? People who were born there and live there. No brown, black, yellow, or violet, just Americans.  I think Wolff made a mistake allowing Hamilton to walk this path. It solves nothing, and merely adds gasoline to fire which doesn't belong to this sport. I feel uneasy with this driver, and would be actually happy to see Hamilton leave F1. Should he wishes to become a political activist, more power to him, I say, go and get involved in British politics of division as much as you like, but not here, not now, please. 

We could use moderation, common sense, time to heal old wounds, and calm our minds. Shi Heng Yi, the German Shaolin Master said it best when he talks about calm mind focused on presence, without dwelling on past, or leting disturbances what future might bring to bother us. Hamilton certainly could learn of him.  

here