Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

59 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Scanning pages of F1 media during winter hibernation is never great fun, so I should not be disappointed this year is not different. I am however also noticing a new tone which is creeping into conversation. Toxic, thinly veiled hatred, which has nothing to do with the sport. UK vs Europe, Brexit has done its fair share, COVID has contributed to our depression, and now we have Hamilton who got on his car what is essentially a political statement - END RACISM. I am wondering whether this was necessary, or even good idea which will serve its intended purpose. Why he draws even attention to such societal issue in this sport? If he wants that, should we - for balance - have another 20 or 100 similar statements on all kind of issues plastered over F1 cars? Why he gets his way and not the others to stated their greivances with life and societies?

American comedian Bill Maher said this recently (paraphrasing): "I don't want to say - I am white, and you are African-American, or black. I rather think, when we are talking, you are a person, just like I am one. No need to induce colour of skin into our conversation, which makes our talk immediately toxic, draws unnecessarily attention to a problem which doesn't exist when we talk."

An American man of colour actually pointed out to us recently how blacks do hate being called African-American. Why not just Americans? People who were born there and live there. No brown, black, yellow, or violet, just Americans.  I think Wolff made a mistake allowing Hamilton to walk this path. It solves nothing, and merely adds gasoline to fire which doesn't belong to this sport. I feel uneasy with this driver, and would be actually happy to see Hamilton leave F1. Should he wishes to become a political activist, more power to him, I say, go and get involved in British politics of division as much as you like, but not here, not now, please. 

We could use moderation, common sense, and time to heal old wounds, and calm our minds. Shi Heng Yi, the German Shaolin Master said it best when he talks about calm mind focused on presence, without dwelling on past, or leting disturbances what future might bring to bother us. Hamilton certainly could learn of him.  

here

Can't help but agree. Thank you

My personal view is... There is only one race. Human Race/Humankind. The sooner we realise this, and that it will take EVERYONE's input to work together, the better for everyone. 

This is not to say we don't recognise the injustices of the past, especially against ppl of colour. The foresight of a person like Mandela is a blueprint for our future. He could've taken the hard stance/line, but instead chose reconciliation. This country has still not healed yet, even after 25 years of democracy. Alot of hatred here, but we look forward to a better future, working together. 

The problem is, Hamilton seems to use the F1 platform to further a political cause, while it just does'nt seem... genuine. a Look at how he lives his life is a testament to this fact...

Hamilton's projection of himself actually negates intent and credibility of the message he is striving to sent. He should start with realization who he is, a privileged person, before he starts lecturing others.

Interesting admission - I would be 1xWDC, had I stayed with McLaren. 

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hamilton's projection of himself actually negates intent and credibility of the message he is striving to sent. He should start with realization who he is, a privileged person, before he starts lecturing others.

Interesting admission - I would be 1xWDC, had I stayed with McLaren. 

Yeh well.... I would never want to win in a dominant car like Seb apparently did, or in that way. 

And that's the problem with Hamilton

Raikkonen explains why he wants 'to keep going'

Because Raikkonen likes ice-cream and if he keeps goin he gets
FREE Cornetto`s while-ever he IS in F1.

CornettoJpg.jpg

Edited by lipstick79

Wel well...The more I think of it..

Sir whine-a-lot ,, does sound better than Mr. whine-a-lot

Lewis has booked and received a confirmed birth on a 1 year journey to the top of the all times champions list, unless we are in for a shocker of a season.

Won't be surprised if it's as same as the last 7, but we'll see..

He can happily dance away from any possible competition which 2022 may throw driver's, after he has the 8th title... He has the perfect setup to hang his helmet before we see a fair drivers championship by any means.

What a shame, such a reality..

8 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Wel well...The more I think of it..

Sir whine-a-lot ,, does sound better than Mr. whine-a-lot

Lewis has booked and received a confirmed birth on a 1 year journey to the top of the all times champions list, unless we are in for a shocker of a season.

Won't be surprised if it's as same as the last 7, but we'll see..

He can happily dance away from any possible competition which 2022 may throw driver's, after he has the 8th title... He has the perfect setup to hang his helmet before we see a fair drivers championship by any means.

What a shame, such a reality..

EXACTLY

Stays on 35 mil. 

Hope it's a lesson for contract negotiations tho... No driver is bigger than the team

Desire to expand the field.

Denials, for now, however true or false, CEO Domenicali undoubtedly knows how to talk to manufacturers.

What I got from it:

• Hybrid PU to (most likely) remain. Forget NAE.
  • Simplification will be on the top of priorities.
  • Big question on my mind: will Ferrari stay beyond 2025 as the only team which "does it all" in contrast to others whose involvement is on PU side only? Recent rumour that MB might pull the plug on running a team has some bite to it (so I am hearing in Germany). Noise is getting stronger.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

Desire to expand the field.

Denials, for now, however true or false, CEO Domenicali undoubtedly knows how to talk to manufacturers.

What I got from it:

• Hybrid PU to (most likely) remain. Forget NAE.
  • Simplification will be on the top of priorities.
  • Big question on my mind: will Ferrari stay beyond 2025 as the only team which "does it all" in contrast to others whose involvement is on PU side only? Recent rumour that MB might pull the plug on running a team has some bite to it (so I am hearing in Germany). Noise is getting stronger.

I have'nt read that story.I wonder if there any credence to it?

MB may stay with engines only. I have no means to confirm it one way or another, but because serious business media in Germany bother to mention it, that gives the rumour little more credibility.

7 minutes ago, Sakae said:

MB may stay with engines only. I have no means to confirm it one way or another, but because serious business media in Germany bother to mention it, that gives the rumour little more credibility.

Would explain Lewis' one-year deal too. I'm sure he'll start looking around this year

I am sure I could do some Googlein (other search engines R available eg Yahoo)
though I thought I would start here.
Before the turbo hybrid era  V8...
A similar company to Honda - the lawnmower giants.
Yamaha is the world's largest piano manufacturing company.  Also a Japanese company.
Who manufacture engines.  And R involved in producing motorbikes.
Has Yamaha entered F1?  Honda also produce motorbikes.
I guess there IS some rivalry there between the brands.
In the V8 era Honda had great successes with Mclaren

Edited by lipstick79

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Sakae, you asked about our F1 situation few months ago.. There might be some good news for SA!!!

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/757914/South_African_GP_could_return_to_calendar_in_2023/

I saw it, however it is my understanding that the old circuit was demolished. As admitted a few times already, turn 2 in 1974 - Baberque, thats where my love affair with F1 began.

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Talk about being prepared.. It just goes on and on..

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/78660/sainz-and-leclerc-test-new-pirelli-tyres-behind-closed-doors.html

Meanwhile, back at the AM ranch...

Brad, KM, are you guys sure about this team? My trust they are going anywhere is at the floor level. Checo is drooling about his new RB, yet on the blah-blah-AM side, did they actually allowed Vettel sit in the contraption yet?  Stationary, of course. 

Some thoughts about team ranking. I very seldom get engaged in such tea leaves reading, but there is nothing much else to do. It's my perception how I rank them in terms of their capacity where they might end this season. No science behind it. Admittedly, I do not expect to be very popular, but my mind can (and probably will) change as forthcoming season progresses. 

Here it goes:

1. Mercedes.
  2. RBR.
  3. Ferrari.
  4. Alpine-Renault.
  5. McLaren.
  6. Alpha Tauri.
  7. Aston Martin.
  8. Alfa Romeo.
  9. Haas.
  10. Williams.

15 hours ago, Sakae said:

Brad, KM, are you guys sure about this team? My trust they are going anywhere is at the floor level. Checo is drooling about his new RB, yet on the blah-blah-AM side, did they actually allowed Vettel sit in the contraption yet?  Stationary, of course. 

Yes, I do. Seb does. He believes in this project. He has invested with shares in this team. They might be handicapped because they don't have the resources that the top teams have. For me personally, it is better to still have him on the grid. Taking a sabbitical poses more risks. A year at home changes perspectives, driver's usually DON'T return.  Hakkinen and Button is technically... still on a sabbatical. I also believe he is the best driver for the AM team. The team is still learning and Seb will certainly drive the team forward. They need him as much as he needs them.

The project/prospect remains... tantalizing

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

A year at home changes perspectives, driver's usually DON'T return.

Hakkinen did NOT have a year at home 2 change HIS perspective.
He also WENT stateside racin

The sabbatical enables the driver 2 strengthen their "brand"

With kudos also 2 Button.

Why I am not feeling any better, Brad? Bad investments are commonplace, so that factor doesn't make me feel good. Wolff is running around crying they have engine-problem. I am not sure what that is, but AM is leasing those units. Copying rivals intellectual property is one thing, but what is uniquely theirs which jet them forward? In the past I still remember what kind of team was Force India. For some reason I am unable to shake off feeling, that substantively it is still one and the same team. Copying is over. Last year cost them, and they were warned.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:
  • Alpine-Renault.
  • McLaren.

That IS a bold prediction - guesstamate.
That the Alpine-Renault team WILL B a better team than a Mercedes team.

When previously with the SAME Renault PU they were NOT

1 minute ago, lipstick79 said:

That IS a bold prediction - guesstamate.
That the Alpine-Renault team WILL B a better team than a Mercedes team.

When previously with the SAME Renault PU they were NOT

Yup, bold prediction. I have zero trust in Mr. Brown's capacity to take a team one level up, and his TP have him breathing on his neck, so there are limits how far they can go. But then, I am not staking my life on my predictions.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not staking my life on my predictions

U do NOT seem like the sort of guy who HAS a life 2 stake on UR predictions.
Probably the sort of guy who, watches from his mom`s basement.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I have zero trust in Mr. Brown's capacity to take a team one level up

A common phrase used IS, there is NO i in team
Mclaren IS about MORE than just 1 person - Mr.Brown.
Who incidentally would probably B MORE suited 2 a Quentin Tarantino film.

There R a LOT of peeps IN the factory at Woking who DO believe IN Mr Brown`s capacity to take a team one level up.
R U also disagreein with THEM? 

UR opinion seems 2 B stronger THAN covID

Edited by lipstick79

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Why I am not feeling any better, Brad? Bad investments are commonplace, so that factor doesn't make me feel good. Wolff is running around crying they have engine-problem. I am not sure what that is, but AM is leasing those units. Copying rivals intellectual property is one thing, but what is uniquely theirs which jet them forward? In the past I still remember what kind of team was Force India. For some reason I am unable to shake off feeling, that substantively it is still one and the same team. Copying is over. Last year cost them, and they were warned.

The copying issue has been taken way out of proportion. Yes, they designed their car based on MB philosophy, but they had to do their own research, test it, implement it and see if it will work for their car. So, they did.a good job.. COPYING. Well, if they even did it. Look at the 2021 Mclaren car now. You have to apply the same principle to them. That's why the cars from Mclaren and RP looks like the Merc, it's build around that engine.

Here is a great article explaining this, you might have read this... https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-full-story-behind-the-bid-to-copy-mercedes/

33 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The copying issue has been taken way out of proportion. Yes, they designed their car based on MB philosophy, but they had to do their own research, test it, implement it and see if it will work for their car. So, they did.a good job.. COPYING. Well, if they even did it. Look at the 2021 Mclaren car now. You have to apply the same principle to them. That's why the cars from Mclaren and RP looks like the Merc, it's build around that engine.

Here is a great article explaining this, you might have read this... https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-full-story-behind-the-bid-to-copy-mercedes/

Hmm, OK.  F1 media are unusually kind to AM. Vettel as well appears to be recipient of kinder treatment than he ever received in past 10 years.  How long this honeymoon will last remains to be seen.

With respect to performance, I want to see numbers and consistency to stay at their best. Right now we are guessing.

4 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Hmm, OK.  F1 media are unusually kind to AM. Vettel as well appears to be recipient of kinder treatment than he ever received in past 10 years.  How long this honeymoon will last remains to be seen.

With respect to performance, I want to see numbers and consistency to stay at their best. Right now we are guessing.

#trustSeb