Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

Some thoughts about team ranking. I very seldom get engaged in such tea leaves reading, but there is nothing much else to do. It's my perception how I rank them in terms of their capacity where they might end this season. No science behind it. Admittedly, I do not expect to be very popular, but my mind can (and probably will) change as forthcoming season progresses. 

Here it goes:

1. Mercedes.
  2. RBR.
  3. Ferrari.
  4. Alpine-Renault.
  5. McLaren.
  6. Alpha Tauri.
  7. Aston Martin.
  8. Alfa Romeo.
  9. Haas.
  10. Williams.
  1. RBR
  2. Mercedes
  3. Aston Martin
  4. McLaren
  5. Alpine-Renault
  6. Ferrari
  7. Alfa Romeo
  8. Alpha Tauri
  9. Haas
  10. Williams

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:
  1. RBR
  2. Mercedes
  3. Aston Martin
  4. McLaren
  5. Alpine-Renault
  6. Ferrari
  7. Alfa Romeo
  8. Alpha Tauri
  9. Haas
  10. Williams

On positive side of things, we do agree on P9 and P10.  Not bad. 

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I smiled while I typed my list

Joker among us. Brad, who would have thought.

Well, maybe neither of us is entirely correct, but you might be closer. I turned off PR blah blah, and look what's left. It' not much, as I see it.

It was clean fun today.

Max for the championship. Sergio will drive him close. Engine reliability is a factor, especially during the start peiod of the season. Hamilton to have some competion, while Bottas fades. Vettel drives AM team forward with consistent Stroll. Ric will shine for Mclaren, great duel with Norris. Ferrari drivers not as consistent as Alonso and teammate. Alfa Romeo drivers beat Tauri because they are more consistent and experienced.

Keyword ;Consistent

Maybe we should swap Williams with HAAS

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Max for the championship. Sergio will drive him close. Engine reliability is a factor, especially during the start peiod of the season. Hamilton to have some competion, while Bottas fades. Vettel drives AM team forward with consistent Stroll. Ric will shine for Mclaren, great duel with Norris. Ferrari drivers not as consistent as Alonso and teammate. Alfa Romeo drivers beat Tauri because they are more consistent and experienced.

Keyword ;Consistent

Maybe we should swap Williams with HAAS

Verstappen - He is hungry for WDC, but MB still has a better car IMO.

Other... jam in midfield.

Williams vs Haas = toss

1. Mercedes
  2. RBR
  3. McLaren (Expecting a close battel for 3rd)
  4. Aston Martin
  5. Alpine (Expecting a close battle for 5th) 
  6. Ferrari
  7. Alpha Tauri
  8. Alfa Romeo
  9. Williams
  10. Haas

Looks like there are almost the same views on this forum about two in the front, and two at the end. It's just 6 in the middle are unsorted puzzle. It seems that I am most pessimistic about AM chances to go anywhere. A lot of PR, money for owner's coffers, but almost no news about improvements in technical division. 

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Looks like there are almost the same views on this forum about two in the front, and two at the end. It's just 6 in the middle are unsorted puzzle. It seems that I am most pessimistic about AM chances to go anywhere. A lot of PR, money for owner's coffers, but almost no news about improvements in technical division. 

https://the-race.com/formula-1/aston-martin-spends-f1-tokens-on-new-survival-cell/

"The 2021 Aston Martin Formula 1 car will feature a new monocoque design, with the ex-Racing Point team opting to spend its development tokens on a modified survival cell.

This is the first time that a carryover car has had many of its parts new, so although the philosophy is carryover we will still have a lot of new parts on the car, a lot of new aerodynamic development, even a new chassis for us as well.

“Although the car will be similar to last year, it’s predominantly new.

Aston Martin also has the benefit of being able to upgrade any 2019 non-listed parts from Mercedes it used last year to 2020 specification without spending tokens.

Szafnauer added that the package of four aerodynamic rule changes – cutting back the floor, outlawing the slots in its outer edge, restricting the vanes in the rear diffuser and restrictions on winglets on the rear brake ducts – potentially could be decisive in the battle for third in terms of who adapts most effectively."

The quicker and the more they test, the better. Anything willdo. Hope the car is reliable and they don't realise catastrophic defects once testing actually starts...

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hope the car is reliable and

That IS ambiguous, what do U actually hope IS reliable - the chassis OR the PU ?
PU`s R generally reliable these day`s in the turbo hybrid era.
Gone R the days from the V8 era of engine blowout`s.
With these PU if they can make it 2 the grid, they usually last.
How many DNF`S R there nowadays ? !!
Hydrolic issues ... d NOT usually occur

On 2/25/2021 at 6:35 PM, Sakae said:

we do agree on P9 and P10

That IS pretty much a GIVEN - NO crystal ball / tea-leaves required.
Like the sun WILL go down at night and rise again in the mornin

14 hours ago, blackpebel said:
  • Mercedes
  • RBR
  • McLaren (Expecting a close battel for 3rd)

I WOULD put Mclaren HIGHER above RBR - or mayB that is just wishful thinkin, as a Mclaren fan.
Mclaren WILL B powered by Mercedes this time around.

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

That IS ambiguous, what do U actually hope IS reliable - the chassis OR the PU ?
PU`s R generally reliable these day`s in the turbo hybrid era.
Gone R the days from the V8 era of engine blowout`s.
With these PU if they can make it 2 the grid, they usually last.
How many DNF`S R there nowadays ? !!
Hydrolic issues ... d NOT usually occur

I see you have'nt been reading the news lately, especially the part about the unreliability of the new hybrid Merc engine. Hope they fix it asap, like last year.

15 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

I WOULD put Mclaren HIGHER above RBR - or mayB that is just wishful thinkin, as a Mclaren fan.
Mclaren WILL B powered by Mercedes this time around.

Not from the word go. Mclaren will be chasing RBR

The news is NOT where points R WON.
Points R WON, on track
> also misdirection ANNOUNCE 2 the media.  Havin reliability issues.
Lure competitors in2 a FALSE sense of security.
NOT gonna come out and say - everythin IS great we R UP on last years times by OVER a second.
Standard procedure 2 say, yeah we R avin reliability issues.

48 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

The news is NOT where points R WON.
Points R WON, on track
> also misdirection ANNOUNCE 2 the media.  Havin reliability issues.
Lure competitors in2 a FALSE sense of security.
NOT gonna come out and say - everythin IS great we R UP on last years times by OVER a second.
Standard procedure 2 say, yeah we R avin reliability issues.

Ok, I really hope you're right

Schumacher criticised for anti-racism no comment

World is a crazy place. Schumacher is more mature than some people around him. He was attacked because he refused to discuss social branch of politics.

Hamilton should retire from F1 and pursue his politics outside of the sport. I think he is doing disservice to F1. Now they want from him to boycott Arab countries. (Not race there).

Where does this all stop?

Sprit races under consideration:

Is sprint race intended with the same equipment, or teams will be allowed to execute a season with more engines? I am lost over this issue. I am assuming reliability calculations were done initially on some number of races with safety factor. Then races began to add up, and are planned, so I hear, to go up to 25 races per year, yet engines remain the same.
Now add sprint races, and engines, probably intended for some 20 races - are suppose to survive loading increases without problems? 

Obviously I doubt that MB or anyone else initially planned to run 50+ races on the same material. Yes 40 - 50, if we would have 25 races and 25 sprint qualifications. Duty cycle will take some serious beating under this novel commercial program. Is this going to end up with situation when someone from back (Olivier Panis) wins a race again, or engine customers will have to fork out some cash to pay for equipment changes? Is Liberty hoping that automakers will support this financial proposition without being compensated?

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

World is a crazy place. Schumacher is more mature than some people around him. He was attacked because he refused to discuss social branch of politics.

Hamilton should retire from F1 and pursue his politics outside of the sport. I think he is doing disservice to F1. Now they want from him to boycott Arab countries. (Not race there).

Where does this all stop?

Sickening. Agree with you

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

boycott Arab countries. (Not race there).

I KNOW what boycott means !!

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Hamilton should retire from F1 and pursue his politics outside of the sport

While ever Mercedes have the edge over rivals, he will NOT stop racing.
He IS doin a Seb when RedBull WERE dominant - gettin his name in the history books.
Though seb were MORE blaze about the process. 
>goin 4 as many fastest laps possible ...

Edited by lipstick79

The next generation Formula E car should be able to beat a Formula 1 car off the line, according to series boss Alejandro Agag.

This could hurt.

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

What's wrong here?

EvZqh9sXIAcXBIn?format=jpg&name=small

With testing tires it's always the same problem. Imbalance, and you guys still continue to believe in Seb has chance to win anything in that outfit, especially now when a new PR man came out with declaration, that it is Stroll jr., who is actually WDC material.