Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

it is Stroll jr., who is actually WDC material. 

But Seb IS a multi WDC - the marketin and prestige that brings 2 the brand  is MORE than a rookie`s potential. 
Seb has been there and got the T-shirt - STILL available 2 buy on e-bay.

sebChampJpg.jpg

Edited by lipstick79

16 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

But Seb IS a multi WDC - the marketin and prestige that brings 2 the brand  is MORE than a rookie`s potential. 
Seb has been there and got the T-shirt - STILL available 2 buy on e-bay.
PR

You should address your concern to the AM' PR man.

My take - if you pay people enough, they will say just about anything. That being said, he might be correct, what do I know. Bottom line - I am still not comfortable with Seb driving along a son of the owner, nor I believe that AM is a good brand.

Sakae it IS not a concern.
I am justifyin AM reasons for signin Seb and partnerin him WITH the protégé.
It also brings added pressure for him 2 deliver,  because Seb IS there he can NOT B under the radar, and catch everybody by surprise 

Edited by lipstick79

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

With testing tires it's always the same problem. Imbalance, and you guys still continue to believe in Seb has chance to win anything in that outfit, especially now when a new PR man came out with declaration, that it is Stroll jr., who is actually WDC material. 

It's I suppose, Seb's job to prove the naysayers wrong. Hopefully drive the team forward. We as fans can just follow the outcomes, and hope for the best. He'll have a fast car as a base, and in my view, be treated equally.

I am not saying Seb cannot do it, nor I am undermining his capabilities, but from all what I can detect, and pointing out, he is receipient of nice talk, but in comparison to rivals he will meet on track, he is already under heavy, tangible handicap (again). My age must be showing, but I am possessed by necessity of preparation for a race in a physical track, not a sim. He might need a race distance or two to find his car' sweet spot, but his support could use much more to validate their assumptions, and that's all what they are at the moment.

49 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Seb's job to prove the naysayers wrong

Strange thought.  It is my belief that it IS Seb`s job  2 drive a F1 car - as a multi WDC he does NOT have 2 prove anythin ANYMORE

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Sakae it IS not a concern.
I AM justifyin AM reasons for signin Seb and partnerin him WITH the protégé.
It also brings added pressure for him 2 deliver,  because Seb IS there he can NOT B under the radar, and catch everybody by surprise 

I am not certain that I understand your point. Was Seb hired to "train" with WDC attitude young Stroll? We should not forget it was reported, that Seb got that job ONLY after some people talked to the owner. I think BE was one of them. I'am not sure without those calls Seb was going to get that drive.

This is however past, and whatever happened, fact is, Seb will be this year under immense pressure to perform for fistful of reasons. I think the most important benchmark he has to beat is Perez' last year record.

54 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not saying Seb cannot do it, nor I am undermining his capabilities, but from all what I can detect, and pointing out, he is receipient of nice talk, but in comparison to rivals he will meet on track, he is already under heavy, tangible handicap (again). My age must be showing, but I am possessed by necessity of preparation for a race in a physical track, not a sim. He might need a race distance or two to find his car' sweet spot, but his support could use much more to validate their assumptions, and that's all what they are at the moment.

The politics with suggestions that Stroll jnr. will be treated more favourably, I highly doubt that. They will be more focused on Seb, and his expertise.

As a team they have done VERY WELL in the last few years with limited staff and being a smaller team. Key people fill key positions. They know what they're doing and I have hope they will compete with the top 2 soon

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They know what they're doing

Who KNOW`S what they R doin?  The people IN which team ??
Racing point, Spyker, Force Indian or even Jordan ??
The team HAS had soo MANY different names/owners

I remember 1 thing that lance stroll said about the car last year... He said that, before RP he was not in the right car to improve his skills because other cars handled differently to the Racing Point (Mercedes) car, and his learning curve has been better than ever.. I think this same should apply to vettel who is basically been given a re-birth by AM to revive his career.

Porsche could enter Formula 1 in 2025 with the company’s vice-president Fritz Enzinger saying they have a “great interest” in the new engine rules.

A new headline. How many we have seen of those come and go, especially related to VW? Is this a way how to generate positive impression how popular F1 is by letting out false balloons? When VW will want to enter, I am sure there will be announcement, so, why not wait for it?

On other issue, are the specs actually settled yet? 

Vettel - a thinking man - on Sprint races:

I don’t know what the thinking is behind it," Vettel told RacingNews365.com among others. "I don’t like it. Why would you have a pre-final to a final? What’s the point of that? I don’t understand it.

"Obviously if there is a race on Saturday, then I will have to take part because I still want to drive on Sunday, but from my point of view, it makes no sense."

Vettel believes that the fact that F1 is discussing introducing sprint races may indicate that there is a wider problem that they should be focusing on instead.

"You have the grand prix and it has always been around 300km and the main challenge of the weekend," the new Aston Martin driver explained. "I think if you have to introduce something like this, then there is something else that you need to fix other than the format, or another race, or another two minutes, or a Q4 or Q5, or whatever it is.

I really love this guy. He hits all right buttons with me when we talk racing. There aren't too many like him around anymore. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Vettel - a thinking man - on Sprint races:

I really love this guy. He hits all right buttons with me when we talk racing. There aren't too many like him around anymore. 

Hope he's being listened to

Number of German speaking managers in F1 is slowly (perhaps painfully slowly) growing. Wolff, Capito, Seidl, Tobias Moers, Tost, Dr. Marko...to name a few. 

It was highest time, if it is not late already for F1...

UK car manufacturing:

• Brands: Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Triumph, Riley and Mini.
  • Owned by: BMW (Rolls-Royce, Mini, Triumph and Riley) and Volkswagen (Bentley).
  • Brands: Jaguar, Daimler, Lanchester, Rover and Land Rover.
  • Owned by: Tata Motors Limited, part of the Tata Group.
  • Brands: MG, Austin, London Taxis, Lotus.
  • Owned by: SAIC (MG and Austin) and Geely (London Taxi Company, Lotus)
  • Brand: Vauxhall.
  • Owned by: Groupe PSA (Peugeot-Citroen)
  • Brands: McLaren, Caterham, Lister, Arash, Westfield, Morgan, BAC, Bristol, AC, Ginetta, Noble, TVR, Caparo, Ariel, Brooke, Grinnall, Lister, Radical and Aston Martin.
  • Owned by: They are all small independent British companies!

Well, not so fast.

• AM is now owned by consortium in Canada and US. (+ some small portion by Vettel and Wolff.)
  • McLaren - who knows; a lot of fog around that place.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren - who knows; a lot of fog around that place.

That IS ambiguous.
Mclaren - which division?  

McLaren Automotive is a British automotive manufacturer based at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey. The main products of the company are super cars, which are produced in-house in designated production facilities.
In July 2017, McLaren Automotive became a 100% owned subsidiary of the wider McLaren Group.
I were a guest of Ron Dennis at MTC.

The McLaren Group is a British company based in Woking, England, which is involved in Formula One and other motorsport, the manufacture of luxury cars, and high technology through McLaren Applied.

McLaren Racing Limited is a British motor racing team based at the McLaren Technology Centre in Woking, Surrey, England. McLaren is best known as a Formula One constructor, and is the second oldest active team, and second most successful Formula One team after Ferrari, having won 182 races, 12 Drivers' Championships and 8 Constructors' Championships. McLaren also has a history of competing in American open wheel racing as both an entrant and a chassis constructor, and has won the Canadian-American Challenge Cup (Can-Am) sports car racing championship. The team is a subsidiary of the McLaren Group, which owns a majority of the team.

McLaren Group · Mumtalakat Holding Company (56.40%) · Mansour Ojjeh (14.32%) · Michael Latifi (9.84%) · Minority shareholders (19.44%).
Mansour Ojjeh is ESSENTIALLY Mr Mclaren, followed by Michael Latifi
With the other Mclaren divisions split in2 different investment holders.

McLaren is listed as a (fully owned?) British company. That may or may not be true. I am really not that interested in the subject to study public legal records on split who owns what.

Rolls Royce - BMW owns car division, whereas rest of the business (I think) is owned by British Government. Like Chinese own some businesses,, or former Soviet Union owns similar businesses, and UK seems to be no different when necessary. 

On 3/6/2021 at 8:11 PM, Sakae said:

McLaren is listed as a (fully owned?) British company.

Please keep up Sakae.  Mclaren - which division?
Ron divided his share of the organisation into lots of smaller divisions.  Before he sold up and retired - with the profits.
Basic strategy.  Like when U steal cars, U DON`T sell the car.  More money 2 B made by selling the parts. 
There has ALWAY`S been Mansour Ojjeh who is ESSENTIALLY Mr Mclaren, followed by Michael Latifi
With the other Mclaren divisions split in2 different investment holders.

McLaren Group · Mumtalakat Holding Company (56.40%) · Mansour Ojjeh (14.32%) · Michael Latifi (9.84%) · Minority shareholders (19.44%).

Edited by lipstick79

Looks promising.

I like images, I like process and choices they made. If I had anything to say about it, I would have probably followed similar line of thinking.

Mango for F1 as a reward.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Looks promising.

I like images, I like process and choices they made. If I had anything to say about it, I would have probably followed similar line of thinking.

Mango for F1 as a reward.

Looks fantastic!!! Has some Miami vibe to it, just more classier..

Only 2 major corners, and the view is sublime. Drivers will love this track

9 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

maybe it's just my... imaginnation

It`s NOT just UR imagination, Seb just passed wind (farted).
Probably the ONLY thing he WILL pass ALL season ? !! lol