Clicky

Sakae

F1 - What's on your mind? (2021)

planet F1

Prost not expecting much change in order come 2022

I thought changes were supposed to bring teams closer together. I guess Alain knows what he is talking about. It might still happen, but he sounds sceptical (as some other drivers). 

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

planet F1

I thought changes were supposed to bring teams closer together. I guess Alain knows what he is talking about. It might still happen, but he sounds sceptical (as some other drivers). 

Thought so too... When is the budget cap kicking in? I would imagine top teams pouring all their resources into development for 2022 and beyond

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

Prost not expecting much change in order come 2022

I thought changes were supposed to bring teams closer together.

Teams R pretty much close together already, so indeed - not much will change.
Will ALWAYS have outlier team(s), though generally things R pretty much the same up and down the grid.

Part of track topology resembles Can circuit. Fast approach, U-turn... I am not sure why they think it resembles Monaco. Maybe they meant in glitz and fanfare, rather than track characteristics. Both doubtful in my mind, but then I am not part of that crowd, so what do I know.

English media go into overtime in making sure we all know how valuable Allison is, and he wasn't demoted. Article after article are making sure they spread the gospel word. He could had been TP or whatever, and Toto made sure he would not leave MB blah, blah...Why would Allison want to leave MB in the first place, I ask? Is he  sick and tired of winning?

In contrasting tone with recent interview, when the same media are asking Otmar (TP of AM), what he knows about his replacement. Otmar is of course not born in England, but Romania, so everything goes.

Of course like most, I am not sure what happened at MB, but I am really suspicious over loud drum beats around it. Needles for me to say (again), observing for very long time performance of products under Allison's concrete care, I don't agree with greatness of the man proposed by English media. Most of them possess bloated ego about mind superiority of their countryman, to which I say, look again, and this time carefully. (Of course they will not do that; the truth hurts).

Looks like a track with one overtaking spot, between 16 and 17. I could see drivers being stuck and unable to overtake between 17 and 15.  Section between 8 and 11 is not clear right now how it will support overtaking. Point is, if a following driver gets late out of 8, he will not catch the car until on straight after 16.

49 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Looks like a track with one overtaking spot, between 16 and 17. I could see drivers being stuck and unable to overtake between 17 and 15.  Section between 8 and 11 is not clear right now how it will support overtaking. Point is, if a following driver gets late out of 8, he will not catch the car until on straight after 16.

I actually see ample opportunity between 8-11. 9 actually present an opportunity for a build-up pass,  clever foxy latebraking could do it at 11.

Mercedes says it fears Valtteri Bottas’ high-speed crash at Imola, as well as Lewis Hamilton’s minor prang, will hurt its progress amid the new cost cap rules in 2021. 

Several years ago when talk about budget cap as a hot topic was main subject of discussions, I've asked what will happen to fans, drivers, and a team, if machinery needs repairs, and money cannot be spent precisely because of budgetary limits. Until today I am waiting for explanation from all approached proponents of capping cost. There are many complicated reasons why imposing budget could be considered as fatal idea.  My question extended to additional concern, should a team reach budgetary limits far too early (say in September). What then? Stay at home?

This is not the Grand Prix (F1) I felt love with, or what lured me to its charm and attractiveness. It will be interesting to hear noise from a certain driver from MB garage, when he will learn his car cannot be improved or repaired, because they run cost to the limit. 

On personal note - I've applied at national registry for EU vaccination passport. Now I am awaiting for appointment date to get a shot. (Pfizer-BioNTech.) 

There is no point to delay it any further, if I want to travel, that's a part of the deal, like it or not.

I am hoping to travel, and I don't have much choice. I would not get on the plane nor off the plane without certification. On my location conditions remain the same as they are for rest of the year, so there is no point to delay what is mandated by governments.

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am hoping to travel, and I don't have much choice. I would not get on the plane nor off the plane without certification. On my location conditions remain the same as they are for rest of the year, so there is no point to delay what is mandated by governments.

Do you still travel alot Sakae. Business?

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Do you still travel alot Sakae. Business?

No, I didn't travel at all in past couple of years. I am hoping for return to Japan. Chances however are less than 50% for variety of reasons, yet I want to be ready just in case...