Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

It's time of the year again

Yes, it's time of the year again, when we put a mobile phone down (OK, a little), and maybe even won't visit racing pages. Each of us is relaxing different way, I trust.

I wish to all who are visiting this place pleasant and relaxing last days of 2020, a year which was gracious to some, and tested severely our humanity for others. I look with clear eye towards next year. For me it cannot be otherwise.

I wish all the best to everyone.

Cheers.

Sakae

20 hours ago, Sakae said:

Yes, it's time of the year again, when we put a mobile phone down (OK, a little), and maybe even won't visit racing pages. Each of us is relaxing different way, I trust.

I wish to all who are visiting this place pleasant and relaxing last days of 2020, a year which was gracious to some, and tested severely our humanity for others. I look with clear eye towards next year. For me it cannot be otherwise.

I wish all the best to everyone.

Cheers.

Sakae

Thank you Sakae.

Yes, This year has been really tough. Our health (our precious health) and little things we take for granted, until it stares us in the face and confronts us head-on. Things can't get any worse.

Having said that, yes we look forward to next year. Plus loads of driver changes, it will be interesting to see. I'm staying  home this Christmas, so no shutdown of electronics ... Plus Liverpool is winning...

Wishing everyone I know on here, past, present and future, a wonderful and pleasant Festive. May you be blessed, in more ways than one.

Brad

Merry Christmas to you Brad and Sakae.

Let's hope 2021 brings some real value for the true F1 fans. It's clear as the sun comes up each day Hamilton will win his 8th along with Merc winning another, so the best we can hope for is great results by Vettel and AM, as well as RBR. And on a personal level, I hope Ferrari continue to stink with Sainz beating Leclerc.

And may fresh changes come to my beloved Barca. Messi stays, Neymar comes home, Xavi becomes coach. Barca has given me much joy over the majority of the past 10 years, as I fell out of love for the sham that F1 became. But seeing them in such a bad state means I have very little sport to get excited about :(

Happy New Year and Happy Holidays.

54 minutes ago, KoolMonkey said:

Merry Christmas to you Brad and Sakae.

Let's hope 2021 brings some real value for the true F1 fans. It's clear as the sun comes up each day Hamilton will win his 8th along with Merc winning another, so the best we can hope for is great results by Vettel and AM, as well as RBR. And on a personal level, I hope Ferrari continue to stink with Sainz beating Leclerc.

And may fresh changes come to my beloved Barca. Messi stays, Neymar comes home, Xavi becomes coach. Barca has given me much joy over the majority of the past 10 years, as I fell out of love for the sham that F1 became. But seeing them in such a bad state means I have very little sport to get excited about :(

Happy New Year and Happy Holidays.

Thank you KM. I agree with the bolded part. Also, Barca is my fav Spanish team, and I'm a big Messi fan, altho I think he's stuck in a rut nowadays. Let's hope for a resurgence, they have the money to improve their systems, whether it is players or team personnel

2 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Merry Christmas TF1/GPtoday Fam!!

Ho ho ho..

Screenshot_20201220-154617_Chrome.thumb.jpg.046486ecea30bb426fe6f234d719c488.jpg

Now thats a beauty bp🤣

Thanks mate. And thank you for being part of the gptoday forum contributors. Always nice to hear your insights, unless we start fighting about Seb again.:lol: All good sports.

Have a good festive, enjoy fam time, recharge,... we'll be here. 

Me too. Thanks everyone. Let's set our differences for a day or two, and enjoy life. I know that I will.

S. 

Strange year-end it is. European countries one by one are banning flights from UK, at least on temporary basis due to discovery of new COVID strain in new mutation, which is supposedly 3x more danger than COVID-19.

Brexit remains unresolved, and now this.

Under these conditions I am rather hesitant to declare racing year 2021 as "back to normalcy". 

59 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Strange year-end it is. European countries one by one are banning flights from UK, at least on temporary basis due to discovery of new COVID strain in new mutation, which is supposedly 3x more danger than COVID-19.

Brexit remains unresolved, and now this.

Under these conditions I am rather hesitant to declare racing year 2021 as "back to normalcy". 

This is some SERIOUS hectic sht!!! I did'nt know the strain is 3x more dangerous, until I read this post of yours... Ignorance was bliss!!

Take a look here Sakae, it's one of our most reputable news websites in SA... they write good articles... https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-12-18-new-variant-of-covid-19-spreading-rapidly-in-sa-scientists-and-government-closely-monitoring-and-considering-implications/

This is depressing

Investigation seems to be only in early stage, so it is difficult to speak accurately. In a German paper I'am reading there are at least two new mutations, and one is worse than the other. Beyond that I am relaying on explanation by people on ground zero. Either way, this is sad end of 2020.  

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Investigation seems to be only in early stage, so it is difficult to speak accurately. In a German paper I'am reading there are at least two new mutations, and one is worse than the other. Beyond that I am relaying on explanation by people on ground zero. Either way, this is sad end of 2020.  

It has the abillity to spread.. FASTER!  Scary!

Apparently it is mutating in response to the vaccines. but I don't know if this is really accurate

UK is using UK vaccine (I think they label it as "Oxford"). I am not sure if the other ones are also susceptible to permutations. Russians, Germany and US have other vaccines (their own). Pfizer was actually developed in Germany in a German lab. Moderna in US.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:10 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Now thats a beauty bp🤣

Thanks mate. And thank you for being part of the gptoday forum contributors. Always nice to hear your insights, unless we start fighting about Seb again.:lol: All good sports.

Have a good festive, enjoy fam time, recharge,... we'll be here. 

☺️ 🙏 Thank you for your kind words.. Sorry for the late response, Winter keeps me busy.

Seb has a really good opportunity in 2021, I'm really looking forward to see him go from Red to Green in all aspects of his Racing career.. It will be a refreshing sight I assure you.

Wish everyone and their respective Families warm regards for the festive season. 🎄

2020 has thrown a lot of mixed emotions, but its the same color of rabbit 🐇 that seems to find its way out of the hat, as it did over the last 7 years.

I'm not expecting a different magic trick in Next year, But there is definitely a lot of good Racing lined up in 2021.

Once again.. wishing you all a Merry-as-F@ck Christmas and a Happy-as-F@ck New Year.. 😄 🖖

8 hours ago, blackpebel said:

☺️ 🙏 Thank you for your kind words.. Sorry for the late response, Winter keeps me busy.

Seb has a really good opportunity in 2021, I'm really looking forward to see him go from Red to Green in all aspects of his Racing career.. It will be a refreshing sight I assure you.

Wish everyone and their respective Families warm regards for the festive season. 🎄

2020 has thrown a lot of mixed emotions, but its the same color of rabbit 🐇 that seems to find its way out of the hat, as it did over the last 7 years.

I'm not expecting a different magic trick in Next year, But there is definitely a lot of good Racing lined up in 2021.

Once again.. wishing you all a Merry-as-F@ck Christmas and a Happy-as-F@ck New Year.. 😄 🖖

Agreed

Thank you bp