Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

F1 Test & Racing Calendar (2021)

Date 2021.03.12   Time 9:09 (UTC)

I don't want to jump a gun, but I will jump a gun. 

I am disappointed with AM/Vettel (despite anticipating exactly this scenario long time ago). I am not sure where this is going. 

My prediction - Stroll will be faster this afternoon.

F1 official site - rhetorics hard for my stomach, as usual.

Schumacher - in similar situation. The guy gets in his maiden year 1.5 days to get ready for extra long season, and he starts by sitting in the garage 1/2 day waiting for a new gearbox to be mounted. "Excellent" job: Haas, Brawn, Todt.

Seb: 1 hr 19 min to go - car stops.

4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

it's not only Vettel, Leclerc and Bottas too

Bottas had a terrible morning, that's true. Ferrari - couple of minutes before session end.

Bottas, Schumacher, and maybe Vettel - not a good start.

on BWT..

“The future is important and we must do our best to protect the planet for children and young people. We all share this responsibility. As a Formula 1 driver, I think it’s right to speak up on this subject and have my voice heard." - Sebastian Vettel

Sebs looks mean and fit

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/760952/Early_issues_for_Mercedes_Ferrari_and_Haas_as_testing_gets_underway/

"When Vettel stopped at the end of the pitlane and was unable to get going again, his crew ran to his rescue... not the easiest of tasks in such heat. The Silverstone-based outfit subsequently described the problem as "minor" and the German was soon back on track again."

Hope it was minor

I had to do something away from a computer...

What's going on, and why Vettel is driving in Stroll's slot? There is some deviation from submitted advanced plan.

Seb is slow. Hard to understand team's strategy. Maybe they saw the same what I did in the morning, and now they are in panic that Vettel needs more time to find his sweet spot. 

As expected this morning, Stroll was faster of two. I am confused by the game AM was playing with Vettel. 

Seb bomb out in his first day. There is no doubt about it, and he admitted that much.

Alpine is OK so far.

Mick Schumacher - poor show.

Yuki - very good.

Stroll - OK.

Verstappen - good start.

7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

The future is important and we must do our best to protect the planet for children and young people

OT NOT F1 I appreciate:

>What if U do NOT have children?
The world seems 2 follow the SAME path - Not lipstick
Settle down, marriage & children - if it were easy everybody WOULD B  doin it, I don`t just mean doin UR mom
Lickin my lips, blowin kisses UR way

13 hours ago, Sakae said:

As expected this morning, Stroll was faster of two. I am confused by the game AM was playing with Vettel. 

"Today wasn't about lap times, it was about finding a good balance in the car and getting a true read on it while collecting lots of important data, which we managed by running 51 laps.

"I am looking forward to going over the data tonight and continuing to make progress with the car. I think we can say it was a good first day for the AMR21.”

Look forwards to what progress Seb makes today. It's clear in the pictures, from what I saw, he took time acclimitize into the team, car and systems

Oh I don't know Brad. People make excessive claims how sim replaces track. In that case, after he ad about two weeks on sim, where are the results? Today again, people are on the track for 45 min or so, and where is Vettel? Siting in the garage, watching paint to dry?.

Yesterday I was expecting him in top 5 or thereabout due to need for fine tuning, yet he was in the bottom of the scale. Must be one heck of the AM program what he is going through, or, shoe doesn't fit. I think he said so. Language evening was far too familiar from his Ferrari days.

If he doesn't put stamp on his teammate, then I would say it's over.

Sakae,

He can't just jump and perform. Stroll jnr is already integrated. I know it sounds simple, but that's what I think is happening. We will get a clearer picture as testing ends

Vettel is on track. 1.25 hrs late into testing.

Alonso after 2 years is comfortably on the top.