Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

F1 Test & Racing Calendar (2021)

Well sooner or later we will be running our of explanations why Mazepin drives faster than Vettel.

Tomorrow Seb, and bellowed a lot of talking AM have to show us qualifications speed, and potential race-time.

1:5 hrs into testing - very static. 

AM has done whole 6 laps. As lipstick said, it's not about testing, but showing colours (and maybe a lot of talk how great they are).

2 hrs into testing - AM has done 6 laps with T. Makes me wonder what are they doing to Vettel's car? Did Stroll underwent the same or similar program?

Testing in Spain: cold, wet

Testing in sands: sand-storm

Isn't F1 capable to find some place where people can just focus on job in hand without worrying about weather, as hours are ticking?

AM has gearbox issues. (Like yesterday). Is it surprise? No, those things do happen, and that's normal in motor-industry. But what is NOT normal, is to ignore such potentiality, and plan for 3 days, 1 shot testing. It will bite the team for a while into a season, as racing kicks off.

Hamilton went off track. Like Verstappen, and Sainz, and others. 

No problem.

Vettel off track. Problem. BIG ERROR by him.

F1 IS about keepin all 4 wheels pointin in the SAME direction - IF usin 4 wheels (do regs state HAVE 2 use 4 wheels - I don`t just mean as in a tricycle, 4 at the rear
for power 2 at the front for direction).

IF off the track, it is a BIG error for everybody - findin the track limits, well FOUND them

Sad 2nd day of testing for AM and a driver. Looks like gearbox related "minor problem" of yesterday was not that. Morning is gone, and paint is happily drying under driver's watchful eyes.

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sad 2nd day of testing for AM and a driver. Looks like gearbox related "minor problem" of yesterday was not that.

Or so U believe  correctly OR incorrectly
Red Bull R in F1 for world exposure of a fizzy drink.
People R talkin about Aston Martin - brand awareness.
It is only testin, points not HANDED out until the season STARTS

50 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Or so U believe  correctly OR incorrectly
Red Bull R in F1 for world exposure of a fizzy drink.
People R talkin about Aston Martin - brand awareness.
It is only testin, points not HANDED out until the season STARTS

Based on testing, I fear there might not be any points available for taking (by AM). 

Perez explains (my theory much better than I can).

"A day and a half is very little. It's crucial for me to learn as quickly as possible to get the last three tenths out of the lap, you need some experience with the car for that."

At least he is driving. Vettel's beginning with AM remind me 2014 season when he was also watching a lot paint to dry, and we all know how that ended.

Ferrari engine is much better over one from last year. So much has been now acknowledged. Kimi seems to think so. Is it to soon whether it can slot between Honda and MB? Alpine seems very drivable. So, it's a toss for me.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

Based on testing, I fear there might not be any points available for taking (by AM)

> Exactly what do U believe AM were testin?
It IS called testin 4 a reason 

It seems times were up in comparison to D1. Stroll is fine with the car, however two cars are needed (to state obvious).  Mess in AM camp will have undoubtedly some knock off effect.

Alonso must be happy with his return.

I am happy with Mick Schumacher turning a few laps, and crawling forward. 

D3 I expect to be most interesting, as serious times will be sought.

Yuki - a guy to watch. He is an interesting prospect.

I didn't suggest broken car is Vettel's fault.

We will know more this evening, but my first impression is, that AM is vastly overrated, and oversold. We can talk about different testing programmes, but I am not so sure of it. Rivals simply improved, and are faster. Seb will need more time to settle in, than just 1.5 days testing. Much more, that's what I feel. Beats me how many hours is needed to replace a gearbox? Do they have only one and they were fixing it (as opposed to replacing it)? Construction of the car must be such, they had to take it literally apart. RBR once has taken less than 3 hrs to have it replaced and send driver back on track.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I didn't suggest broken car is Vettel's fault.

We will know more this evening, but my first impression is, that AM is vastly overrated, and oversold. We can talk about different testing programmes, but I am not so sure of it. Rivals simply improved, and are faster. Seb will need more time to settle in, than just 1.5 days testing. Much more, that's what I feel. Beats me how many hours is needed to replace a gearbox? Do they have only one and they were fixing it (as opposed to replacing it)? Construction of the car must be such, they had to take it literally apart. RBR once has taken less than 3 hrs to have it replaced and send driver back on track.

I hear you

We have to accept AM does not have the resources of MB , Ferrari or RBR. Seb is taking a gamble... See how this year goes, maybe a working "sabbatical" until he gets a good offer/opportunity from MB or RBR. Just happy he's on the grid, anything else is a bonus

"12:26 After a difficult start to the day yesterday with gearbox issues, Aston Martin has had a much better start today. Stroll has logged 73 laps."

Dead last at the moment. I think they're nursing. Either that, or sandbagging

So far today..

Screenshot_20210314-195156_Chrome.thumb.jpg.9fa9239ecb5116c2ec43a81d7432d69e.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-195228_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3186355e2d0bb7828a82319d58e4c0d9.jpg

Redbull looks in good shape given the testing so far..

Merc and AM seem to be heavily sandbagging or running a lower strat for the initial test...

Initial test?

There is no other test, just racing for points. This is it.

I am assuming:

Reliability should had been carry-over. The only new is chassis, as I understand it. So, it is all about speed. Should be better than last year, but we have no means knowing right now with those times and some weird strategy.

Stroll should be among top 6 or 7 drivers to confirm AM as a serious contender for WDC P3. After today - WTH?

Sebastian - OK he is new, but so was Nicolas Hülkenberg, and he was just humongous when opportunity knocked on the door. No excuses, no explanation, just GO, and so he has.

I have no idea what's going on, but I am confused and fearful. Situation was expected to exhibit different dimensions.

Rivals improved, massively.

Grid tail: Haas, Williams, Alfa...could be AM.

Oh wow... Tsunoda. The boy really has speed...

Super-fast Honda engine. RBR was'nt joking.. competing the "testing championship" with Verstappen at the mo

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Oh wow... Tsunoda

Super-fast Honda engine. RBR was'nt joking.. competing the "testing championship" with Verstappen at the mo

This is why I had them on my scale ahead of AM. It was half joke, but now I am not sure. He is a new guy, new machine, no excuses.

"It's a 1m28.960s for the Dutchman - displacing Tsunoda from the top of the timing boards. First man into the 1m28s, too - on the C4 tyres."

Verstappen's turn

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

This is why I had them on my scale ahead of AM. It was half joke, but now I am not sure.

noted

Looks like Seb has a problem again.

Merc experimented too much with this engine I feel, they went too radical