Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BradSpeedMan

F1 Test & Racing Calendar (2021)

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

noted

Looks like Seb has a problem again.

Merc experimented too much with this engine I feel, they went too radical

Yuki is where Sebastian should be, if I am to believe Stroll's rhetoric how AM will challenge fo championship. Problem is, some people just like to talk big. 

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

We won't see any more from Aston Martin today - Vettel's suffered a loss of turbo boost pressure. So, test over for the green team.

Do you recall 2014? All misery was concentrated on one car, whilst DR was driving. Seb got pi***d and gave up on that year.

Running relatively low power modes at the moment...just doing his thing... well, maybe too hard... " It's ol' Spinny Hamilton again, dabbing the accelerator just a little too roughly at the final corner and doing a 360 turn. He's back up and running, but was arguably going too slowly..." So much for mistakes pushing too hard when odds are stacked against you

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

Devastating 3 days for AM.

I have to concur. It's mostly Merc engine and parts. It will be a miracle to fix in time for opening race

You can replace parts, and put a car back together before racing starts, however where are they planning to test it that there is no error in re-assembly? More critical - what's up with the new chassis? Seb must be thinking - for that I gave away 40MM? Is chassis a dud?

People saying - he is experienced driver and he will get over this. Really? Yuki is new, machine is new, and where is he? Not at the bottom. Nico came off his sabbatical and beat heck out of several people in totally new car (for him). Foreign c#ckpit wasn't an issue. 

Seb has a problem they are hiding from us, that's what I think.

57 minutes ago, Sakae said:

where are they planning to test it that there is no error in re-assembly?

Private air field - of course teams STILL test privately - and unofficially.
Just less of it - some teams have their OWN TEST tracks - AND not AT fia TRACKS.

29 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Private air field - of course teams STILL test privately - and unofficially.
Just less of it - some teams have their OWN TEST tracks - AND not AT fia TRACKS.

Are you sure or just guessing? I doubt about what you are stating.

I was mistaken. In two weeks I thought we have first qualifying race (3/season), but that's not a case. There will be usual 3 practices. AM can verify repairs on Friday, March 26, and qualifying speed on Saturday morning. Today I have humongous headache. What a crappy start of a season.

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Are you sure or just guessing? I doubt about what you are stating.

I was mistaken. In two weeks I thought we have first qualifying race (3/season), but that's not a case. There will be usual 3 practices. AM can verify repairs on Friday, March 26, and qualifying speed on Saturday morning. Today I have humongous headache. What a crappy start of a season.

I had hoped too. It's not good. The signs are just too obvious

What's going on with Seb, or is he just trying to stay positive...

"Obviously I would have liked to have got more mileage, that's the main thing.

Aston Martin gearbox issue leaves Vettel concerned by lack of productivity

Vettel knows where Aston Martin "can improve" despite raft "of new things to learn"

"Today was very busy and I tried to make use of the track time, which I felt I did. Good for me, and I learned a lot of things, so now it is important to remember all these things, feedback and remember going forwards. This is the key.

"As I said, I'm short on mileage, and obviously with that, we have a lot of tyre sets we didn't use just because we didn't run.

"Overall, it's probably 100 laps I'm short, and probably something similar for Lance [Stroll]. We obviously didn't get what we wanted.

"It's not a big deal, it's what it is and we've got to move on."

In terms of lap times, Vettel and Stroll finished 17th and last of the 18 drivers that took to the track across the day, although for the latter his running was about mileage than pace.

Of the 10 teams, attempting to gauge where Aston Martin figure is arguably the most difficult.

Vettel believes that matters little for now. He added; "We obviously had more laps on our schedule for all three days, so not everything went according to plan.

"Where are we? I think it's very difficult to say in terms of competitiveness, we haven't done many runs that probably equal other people's runs to give a bit of a comparison.

"But I don't think that's too important because we will find out in two weeks anyway, so everything from now is two weeks of speculation. Then we will see the pecking order."

Seb's comments resemble description of similar situation at other places. He will not finger-point anyone, but after a decade or so observing his life in F1, he is not happy. That's my impression. Having said that, I am not sure what the problem is. What is certain, to be in P3 from the place they ended up in the only testing of this season (thanks Todt, Brawn - NOT), they have long and steep path to walk.

P7 out of 10 teams is all what you guys deserve and get from me.

Andrew Shovlin has said that “too many cars were ahead” of Mercedes on the final day of Formula 1 pre-season testing at the Bahrain International Circuit.

Yeah, you think?

Ask AM guys (later). Right now they are speechless.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:48 AM, Sakae said:

when he was also watching a lot paint to dry, and we all know how that ended.

Indeed the paint FINALLY dried and it were no longer wet paint.

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Red Bull will do very well this year. Apparently MadMax quite upbeat

MadMax has it the WRONG way round.
As a driver U do NOT want A trouble free pre season - U WANT the car 2 fall off the track and break.
There R NO POINTS handed out in pre season.
U can fix the issues B4 season starts and points R handed OUT.
It IS a math thing.  Once the season starts and start putting pressure on the car - it IS likely 2 fall off the track and break.
Take the pain NOW 2 carry IN2 the season, when points R awarded.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Looks like Seb has a problem again.

Merc experimented too much with this engine I feel, they went too radical

This IS perfect 4 Seb and AM
>WANT the problems IN pre season - NO POINTS awarded
Gives chance 2 make the car bullet proof 4 WHEN the season starts & points awarded.

10 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

MadMax has it the WRONG way round.
As a driver U do NOT want A trouble free pre season - U WANT the car 2 fall off the track and break.
There R NO POINTS handed out in pre season.
U can fix the issues B4 season starts and points R handed OUT.
It IS a math thing.  Once the season starts and start putting pressure on the car - it IS likely 2 fall off the track and break.
Take the pain NOW 2 carry IN2 the season, when points R awarded.

Ms Lipstick. What exactly are you saying? You want AM to fix Merc problem which they have no control over in time for season opener???

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Yeah, you think?

Ask AM guys (later). Right now they are speechless.

Seb still has time for some good humour ..

"Which is the fastest car? Seb: "There's a new safety car, it's always in the lead!"

Rolling on the floor laughing

Indeed BradSpeedMan - the Merc problem they DO have control over.
DON`T B blinded, and ignorant - all the brightest minds believed that the earth is flat.
That U WOULD fall off the edge - until Columbo PROVED that wrong
He did NOT listen 2 all the brightest minds > he sailed AROUND the Earth

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"Which is the fastest car? Seb: "There's a new safety car, it's always in the lead!"

If the safety car IS new, how is it ALWAYS in the lead - it is NEW

24 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ms Lipstick. What exactly are you saying? You want AM to fix Merc problem which they have no control over in time for season opener???

As Seb said: “it’s only important that it gets fixed”

Seb IS agreein with what I HAVE said.
>Want the car 2 fall off the track NOW - points NOT handed out - CAN change things B4 the season starts.

31 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Indeed BradSpeedMan - the Merc problem they DO have control over.
DON`T B blinded, and ignorant - all the brightest minds believed that the earth is flat.
That U WOULD fall off the edge - until Columbo PROVED that wrong
He did NOT listen 2 all the brightest minds > he sailed AROUND the Earth

Call me Brad for short