Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lipstick79

Rubbish articles

Who writes these rubbish articles?
( Matteo Ragni
 February 10, 2021February 10, 2021)

“If that comes to pass, Verstappen would be the most obvious replacement. If Mercedes then maintains its superiority into the new aero regulations then F1 might simply replace the Hamilton era with a Verstappen era

> Peel the onion 
Read UR OWN words.
Hamilton`s contract extension covers until the end of the 2021 season.
Then the new season 2022 - Will B an aero season with the new regulations.
Red Bull is an aero team.  With arguably the series greatest designer - A.Newey.
Why WOULD Verstappen depart Red Bull for Mercedes.  Just when Red Bull WOULD seem 2 have the advantage?

Although I've not read the whole article, this bit, It's not all too rubbish.

There is some method to the madness behind what the author is saying, and it's quite valid.

Mercedes clearly have the most chiseled PU out there... They are also on the top of their game with PU and chassis integration. Because of the refinement of their PU, they have always had an edge over others over the last 7 years, and it goes without saying they are already at a very advanced level with their 2022 car.

Even if the car is not the best, adding Verstappen would make a huge difference.

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Although I've not read the whole article, this bit, It's not all too rubbish.

There is some method to the madness behind what the author is saying, and it's quite valid.

Mercedes clearly have the most chiseled PU out there... They are also on the top of their game with PU and chassis integration. Because of the refinement of their PU, they have always had an edge over others over the last 7 years, and it goes without saying they are already at a very advanced level with their 2022 car.

Even if the car is not the best, adding Verstappen would make a huge difference.

AGREED

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

It's not all too rubbish

Admittin that the other IS rubbish.
Thank you for confirmin MY thoughts.

I am also interested by UR suggestion:

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

adding Verstappen would make a huge difference.

This IS ambiguous.  It would make a huge difference TO whom?
Would adding Verstappen B a beneficial difference 2 Mercedes?
And the domino effect to Red Bull, would THAT B positive?
There IS another way to consider this.  If Verstappen WERE to leave Red Bull AND go to Mercedes.
Would that FREE Red BUll from the pressure of, the high profile driver Verstappen.  Who has NOT yet achieved anythin other
than the label:
                    potential ... ?

I personally have the label.  Potential  lottery winner - I just need 2 buy a lottery ticket FIRST.
Got 2 B IN it, 2 WIN it

17 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

It would make a huge difference TO whom?

Mercedes of course.

You see lipstick, there is a lot of business rivalry amongst F1 teams which plays out in front of us year after year.. F1 is not just about getting the best available driver for your car... It is also about making sure that, this said best possible driver, is NOT with a rival team..

18 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Who has NOT yet achieved anythin other
than the label:
                    potential ... ?

I'm not sure what data you are referring to, to downplay Verstappen.

Honestly, Im surprised how someone would completely look over all his performance over the years...

Mind you, he's still in his early 20's. Almost similar to Leclerc and Russell in age, and has more experience in F1 compared to both of them. He was given an F1 drive that early in his life because he was special on track with his performance.

Not just a Label..

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

I'm not sure what data you are referring to, to downplay Verstappen.

I am NOT downplayin Verstappen, I am just NOT kissin his ask.
I am just a REALIST.  Those who R successful in F1 generally, come from nowhere.
Where as with Verstappen MUCH is expected from him 2 deliver.  Those that DO actually deliver
R NOT expected 2.  Eg.  NOT F1 related but, schumi did NOT deliver 4 Mercedes - he may HAVE started the Mercedes domination.
Though as a Mercedes driver - he did NOT achieve anythin.