Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

15 minutes ago, Sakae said:

My rating of the team - P7 - reflects my current level of confidence in them. 

I have higher hopes. 😆In the hands of a champion, they should have ended up 3rd last season

Ok, maybe take that back... ""Our team has already achieved a lot but something is still missing, and that's having a say when it comes to the title," Stroll told Speedweek. "That is pure long-term goal."

How they will treat Seb remains to be seen

My position on people who are getting ahead of themselves is well known around here, so there is no need for me to repeat it all. I do suspect that owner is seeking cheap headlines by making unsubstantiated claims. He is making really difficult for me to say anything nice at the moment on that subject.

He is comparing AM to Ferrari, as AM, says he, is the most iconic brand. Give me a breake, please. Mercedes is in business over 120 years, never bankrupt, and it is a brand which was in GP racing when BE had milk on his chin. Ferrari is continuously racing, with various degree of success since F1 was born. These are really ironic brands, and that without overpaid PR man on board.

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Some slick Presentation s##t going on here.. lovely stuff

Which one? 

AM - The company has gone bankrupt seven times in its history (Wiki), yet Seb was cowed parting with his 40MM (reportedly) for this what seems to be non-profit place. I was watching body language of Otmar Szafnauer and Andrew Green when BOSS was talking. They appeared little stiff over hoopla and excitement as they were sitting there. 

Vettel will have 1,5 testing days to find his sweet spot. Well, good luck with that, especially when some time usually is consumed by track testing systems first, before engaging in any time trials. World is different these days to what I was used to, I must say.

Big question - how long it will take before Stroll sell his shares and disappear into night after AM will lose money year after year? F1 was never about making a buck for team owners. Only BE and CVC made it, whereas Liberty... well, there is the pandemic...

49 minutes ago, Sakae said:

AM - The company has gone bankrupt seven times in its history (Wiki)

Whilst the company MAY have gone bankrupt, the company WILL always have global coverage - the names Bond, James Bond 007
License 2 drive an Aston Martin

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

Big question - how long it will take before Stroll sell his shares and disappear into night after AM will lose money year after year? F1 was never about making a buck for team owners. Only BE and CVC made it, whereas Liberty... well, there is the pandemic...

They talking 2-3 years to win championships. He'll be around for awhile, that's my bet.

2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Whilst the company MAY have gone bankrupt, the company WILL always have global coverage - the names Bond, James Bond 007
License 2 drive an Aston Martin

Ms Lipstick, you and I are living in two different worlds. You believe on brainwashing, pomp, and language full of iconic expressions, whereas I live in world in which you make a product which people want to buy, and consequently this way you prosper. If you fail in that endeavour, you go bankrupt. In old times bankruptcy was dishonourable end to business. People put tail between legs, and clear the scene.

Today obviously it is something else, and mismanagement seems new normal.

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They taking 2-3 years to win championships. He'll be around for awhile, that's my bet.

Otmar Szafnauer was actually talking about 5 years. I do remember that remark quite vividly, because of immediate realization of implications for Vettel. (he is not going to be there 5 years.) Today I rather guessing that Mr. Szafnauer and Mr. BOSS weren't on the same page. I would not be surprised however if Otmar got corrected by now, and admitted error of his way. It's going to be fun. Ownership stated aim is to better 2020 results. Problem is, as most of us know, progression to higher up is somewhat easier in midfield, but once you are in top 5, not all dreams come true.

In short, no.

Filming day, as you know, is limited by distance (used to be 100 km), and by showing colours, not really taking down any data. If they do, those will not be shared.

The AMR21 was out on track at Silverstone on Thursday for a filming day, but Vettel will have to wait until pre-season testing gets underway in Bahrain on March 12 to get a proper chance to understand how it differs from what he has driven in the past.

Sounds good.

I like what I am reading.

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

F1 was never about making a buck for team owners. Only BE and CVC made it,

F1 IS a good marketin vehicle though.
> the world KNOWS a fizzy drink.  B4 the turbo era, and collaboration with Honda.
That fizzy drink.  Were winning again and again with finger boy.

4 hours ago, Sakae said:

you make a product which people want to buy

It is NOT about the product that wish 2 buy.  With Aston Martin it IS the image that U R buying.

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

In short, no.

Filming day, as you know, is limited by distance (used to be 100 km), and by showing colours, not really taking down any data. If they do, those will not be shared.

Sounds good.

I like what I am reading.

Thx Sakae

...so, AM is keeping last year MB' rear, says Mr. Green.

My thoughts - D*** token sys.