Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

Interesting

His former sponsor Peter Mücke:

Mücke however still believes in Vettel, he said in conversation with Motorsport.com "A driver doesn't suddenly lose his qualities. From my point of view: a car is not the same for every driver. (I am saying this for years.) You really have to respond to the individual needs of a driver and what he feels. I'm of the opinion that this hasn't happened."

Whether Vettel got inferior material than his teammate Charles Leclerc, Mücke doesn't want to say. He does say: "My feeling is that he didn't get the same attention. And we are not talking about a world of difference. It's about two tenths on a time scale. So I can't stand it when the world complains that Sebastian is bad."

Mücke', who is very close to F1 in tangible way, his comments are very close what was said on these pages for vast chunk of last season. A tenth here, or tenth there, and a driver looks like idiot. 

Claims that Vettel is bad are not new. As far as I can tell, I am hearing it for past 10 years+, but he is still My Driver.

11 minutes ago, Sakae said:

From my point of view: a car is not the same for every driver. (I am saying this for years.)

This just confirms Y Webber is NOT in F1 anymore.
Had Webber got at least 1 WDC - he WOULD B.

57 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

This just confirms Y Webber is NOT in F1 anymore.
Had Webber got at least 1 WDC - he WOULD B.

I think you have misunderstood that point (stated n-times in the past). Cars, even under best intentions to prepare them THE SAME, for practical reasons are de facto never the same. Differences between cars in the same stable are from minute up to massive, and significant. 

On 3/10/2021 at 11:17 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

We all know the truth. 

A lie is just a different version of the truth.
> we all know - 1 version of the truth
But do we KNOW the right version?
> doesn`t the truth hurt?

R U sayin U R hurtin - I do NOT just mean UR butt ??
> lol

Sounds like simulator - again - hasn't really replaced on track driving. Seb is talking about experiencing a new power unit, controls layout, etc.  One would have thought it all can be learnt on the sim, but now we are hearing how it was found and go for him today.

3 days testing allowed for teams is obviously not sufficient. It might be for well established teams with undisturbed continuity, but others could use more time.

5 minutes ago, Sakae said:

3 days testing allowed for teams is obviously not sufficient.

U R missin the point.
Testin limited 2 just 3 days IS 2 cut costs.

Sebastian Vettel has admitted that driving an Aston Martin is very “different” to what he was used to at Ferrari, but added that things were “progressing”.

Sebi, you have 3 hrs after today, to make it happen this week. You can't drive where you are today.

I've predicted AM to be about 7th best team on the grid, and I have seen nothing yet to change my mind. but, I am flexible on that. It will take miracle to come close to top four.

Meanwhile, Aston Martin team principal Otmar Szafnauer said he believes the issue will have an “impact on Seb” as it means he will have reduced running time ahead of the season-opener later this month.

“We lost a significant amount of running time, so now that we’ve fixed the problem I’m sure [while] I’m here the engineers are rescheduling the run plans in order to get the most important work done, such that we understand the car going forward. That’s first and foremost,” Szafnauer said.

I've told you guys the 1.5 days reserved for testing is not enough. You didn't believe me, and now you are getting it directly from the horses mouth.

At the end...

Vettel’s final tally for the three days was 117, one more than seven-time world champion Hamilton, but half that of mileage table-topper Pierre Gasly – but while he admitted he would have liked more laps, his early feel with the car is good, and his experienced head is focusing on remaining calm, especially as he sees a lot of potential in the car.

I would like to see this optimism converted into something concrete. I think we should end this hip-hip-hurray blood churning festifities, and get going for real stuff. We have heard all of similar fluff somewhere else, and we know how it ended.

Fool me once, shame on thee; fool me twice, shame on me (but it's not going to happen).

On 3/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, Sakae said:

Sebi, you have 3 hrs after today, to make it happen this week. You can't drive where you are today.

I've predicted AM to be about 7th best team on the grid, and I have seen nothing yet to change my mind. but, I am flexible on that. It will take miracle to come close to top four.

I've told you guys the 1.5 days reserved for testing is not enough. You didn't believe me, and now you are getting it directly from the horses mouth.

That's neither them 2's fault. It's the FIA with their stupid regulations

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's neither them 2's fault. It's the FIA with their stupid regulations

FiA acts under pressure from people like Brown and others - to cut cost. The cost - not racing quality -  is in forefront of those dicussions every time we learn from latest news.

F1 however needs people who do understand racing, nature of the machine, and can think strategically. Not expensive, not cheap, just right amount. Seidl for example is one of them, but he is alone at the moment. Spending 400 MM per season is perhaps too much and not really useful, but now they went to the opposite extreme. Neither is good. 

So, what about sim? Brown once claimed that sim is as good if not better than running on the track.

Here is what Vettel said after last weekend:

“Plus, let’s be honest, our sport is quite difficult to practice. We need to be in the car, we need to run. You can do simulator (work) all winter long, but it’s not the same. If anybody gets out of the car and says he is up to the speed he was after 17 races in 20 weeks last year, that’s not possible. It will naturally take a bit of time to get up to speed, some less (than others).”

So, whom I should believe; a racing driver with decade of experience in top racing series, or a PR/commerical person?

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

or a PR/commerical person?

U REALLY NEED 2 peel the onion.
The PR/commerical person statement WERE ambiguous. 
Real  running on the track HAS it`s limitations - accessin the tracks ...
The playstation, simulator generation IS trainin the brain - WITHOUT limits.

BOTH have benefit`s.  BOTH have weaknesses

Barretto's assessment of testing winners and loosers:

Loser: Sebastian Vettel

This was not the pre-season test Sebastian Vettel wanted, the German ending up bottom of the driver mileage charts with just 117 laps – 110 short of table-topper Gasly – and finishing the test without a performance run in his pocket.

Maybe Mr. Barretto didn't have to frame it that way, but he is from UK, and he cannot help himself. He used such designation for Vettel quite often through past a year or so.

Ralf Schumacher's comment:

Sebastian is now in a completely new car, he has already said that the steering feels different and that he is not happy with it. 

Well, that's a new one. I wonder how Ralf got hold of it. Fact is, he has enough connections to hear background noise. If true, Seb has no choice, but get use to it. There is no other way out of it, other than quit, but that he will not do, not now. Turning 10000 km on various tracks could help...

6 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Is he still keeping up that rhetoric???

After testing he hs disappeared from PR scene. The quote was before testing.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

After testing he hs disappeared from PR scene. The quote was before testing.

Yes, that's my understanding too. 

Well, good luck on reliability first. Then fix those problems. Then give Vettel a flippin steering wheel he prefers. Then compete with top 3. Then, maybe then, think about titles

Maybe we can talk about titles 2-3 years down the line Mr Stroll...

21 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Yes, that's my understanding too. 

Well, good luck on reliability first. Then fix those problems. Then give Vettel a flippin steering wheel he prefers. Then compete with top 3. Then, maybe then, think about titles

Maybe we can talk about titles 2-3 years down the line Mr Stroll...

Like McLaren, they have to complete new plant just to keep up with upgrades through the year. At least that's my understanding.