Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

D/T 2022.02.12  08:40 CET

Stroll wants to built his own engines in 2026. I think that's good for UK. At last they will have their own industry at home. Uppps, I forgot, Stroll is a Canadian... Darn, no luck again.

17 hours ago, Sakae said:

AM #18 had a filming day. So, who was driving it? British media from ingrown modesty rather not say.Aston Martin #18 had a filming day.  Both drivers were scheduled to take a spin. I wish Seb would spill his first thoughts.

Did you watch the page. He did

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Did you watch the page. He did

I did see a flash of it. I am not on "social" media, thus not all news in attached links are available to me. I have not came to any feedback yet. Tight lips.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I did see a flash of it. I am not on "social" media, thus not all news in attached links are available to me. I have not came to any feedback yet. Tight lips.

Our guy

FLVLg_MXEAA61QQ?format=jpg&name=large

FLVLVodWYAIlwRg?format=jpg&name=large

26 minutes ago, Sakae said:

What is Seb watching?

Car will undoubtedly change. I doubt what we see here is the "real thing".

I actually think it's quite close.

Too close to testing (reduced) and the first race for corrections

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I actually think it's quite close.

Too close to testing (reduced) and the first race for corrections

I have touched upon this subject not too long ago. To reiterate, unless cars can overtake, this so called close racing could turn into massive disaster. We have seen glimpses of it last season. A driver is a lap late for qualification, hits a wet patch, or is waved a yellow into his face, and his race is done, unless he sits in one of two top cars. Don't forget, PU performance is frozen until 2026 (if I am not mistaken). Good for Hamilton, not so good for Alpine. Concept of shame had been eradicated in this business some time ago. 

AM has used a different route to channel the air around the car, and its really intriguing. The sidepods may look wide from the top angle but the if you look at it from the side it is clear they have used the sidepods quite effectively. Interesting to see where they will end up in the field.

D/T 2022.02.12  14:31 CET

Former Ferrari team principal Marco Mattiacci has been confirmed as a new signing by Aston Martin...

What is Stroll collecting..?

14 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Can't get use to those high front wings

Seb said after filming, that this is all fake. The real thing will show up later.  Do you remember good old times? in first hours it was systems check, then garden mesh was mounted on the car full of flow sensors, and only later things began to slowly move. These days I am not sure anymore what we are seeing. 

14 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.02.12  14:31 CET

What is Stroll collecting..?

liabilities.

D/T 2022.02.13  20:58 CET

A misfire? 'Aston Martin already thinking about B version of car'

German medium reports that Aston Martin is not nearly as convinced about the new car as the team would have the outside world believe. 

That's the problem with all those stupid computers, instead taking it for a real spin, and learn on a track soon enough, when they can do something about it.

Now they will do that, instead racing and collecting points.

This season will be very uncertain.

8 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.02.13  20:58 CET

A misfire? 'Aston Martin already thinking about B version of car'

That's the problem with all those stupid computers, instead taking it for a real spin, and learn on a track soon enough, when they can do something about it.

Now they will do that, instead racing and collecting points.

This season will be very uncertain.

We also heard the rumour AMR car would not be ready...

You never know what to trust until testing

4 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

We also heard the rumour AMR car would not be ready...

You never know what to trust until testing

Yeah, I know.

D/T 2022.02.14  12:09 CET

“Hopefully we have a good shakedown and there’s nothing to react to. But because the car is absolutely brand new, with no carryover at all, and pre-season testing is really short, and the second test is so close to the first race, that it’s going to be almost impossible to react to, we thought it’s good to get a shakedown in prior to the first test.

It gives ourselves a good gap between the shakedown and the first test to react to,” Green concluded.

With the shakedown behind them, Aston Martin will now look ahead to the first pre-season test at Barcelona between February 23 and 25.

OK, the plan was strategically good one. How did it go? If you are happy, why not tell us then.

10 days to testing behind closed doors. Without cameras. I am failing to recall when the same happened in F1 history, if ever, that is. Lets hope AMuS and other credible sources will pen correctly results, and opinions.

D/T 2022.02.15  12:26 CET

Sebastian actually outlined his personal criteria for staying in the F1. Footing of future decisions contain two pillars:

1. Suitable offer from AM for continuation with him.
2. His personal evaluation of the new car and team's future.

I don't doubt for a second if AM moves up the grid in some dramatic fashion, and even if Seb will punch above his weight class with it, Stroll will drop him, should there be new interest from some British drivers. He will get that way more exposure in Daily Mail and similar papers. One can conclude, Seb's future in the F1 is most likely short lived. Either he quits because he gets fed-up, or he will be replaced, if the car is competitive.
Perhaps that's the reason why he is (not so secretly) examining other opportunities.

AMR definitely seems like one of the best rendition of the rules. Very innovative. 

D/T 2022.02.16  13:04 (CET)

Here we go...it didn't take long to come up clean who will be collecting accolades (as in McLaren), and who will be blamed if the team goes down.

Much influence of Whitmarsh on the team

Aston Martin's goal is to be able to compete for the title within five years and Whitmarsh is a key link in achieving that goal. Officially, he heads up the overarching Aston Martin Performance Technologies, but the Whitmarsh will put a lot of time and energy into the Formula One team and thus have a lot of influence on whether or not the team succeeds in the coming years.

Krack is probably scratching his head today. Well, it's too late now.

Did Seb got his hair back, or is he wearing a wig? At one time he was looking like someone who came out of prison after a very long sentence, whereas now he seems to be back to his usual self.