Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

41 minutes ago, Sakae said:

One wonders if Mr. Stroll will lash out, and who is going to be on receiving end. It's not going to be his son, that much is a safe bet. This is what happen when you shake team's structure in wrong moment. 

I hope Mr.Berger had a wrong moment too. But then again, he has this experience...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/822879/Berger_8216not_impressed8217_by_Aston_Martin_boss_Krack/

Don't think he is wrong... Just saying...

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I hope Mr.Berger had a wrong moment too. But then again, he has this experience...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/822879/Berger_8216not_impressed8217_by_Aston_Martin_boss_Krack/

Don't think he is wrong... Just saying...

I have to trust Gerhard on this one. He knows Mike as Seb does, and perhaps even more, whereas I do not at all. (I have actually posted that much.) So, Stroll had miss on that one per Berger. Is Withmarsh such big win? From what I read, that's probably a second miss.

D/T 2022.03.21 7:10 UTC

ASTON MARTIN LOSING OVER HALF A SECOND TO PORPOISING

As was the case for many of its rivals, Aston Martin’s porpoising problems were made more challenging because it wasn’t able to anticipate the issue while developing the car in the windtunnel.

Case by case, again and again we see evidence despite wind tunnel is a good tool, it will not have all answers. There is need to place cars on actual track for full development. Honda at McLaren found only on the track mis-calibration of their dyno, and there were other significant cases standing as witness, how much F1 needs adequate timely testing with rubber being in contact with tarmac.

D/T 2022.03.30 14:45 UTC

Opinion: Will Vettel return?

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... on_Martin/

“It’s certainly a very daring thesis but I’m (Koles) sure that he thinks a lot about whether he should still be doing what he’s doing.”

There is an abundance of leaders at the Silverstone squad, and former team principal Otmar Szafnauer left due to the convoluted nature of the running of the team.

Running bees colonies is looking better and better?

I do recall that Boullier said something similar about McLaren. Far too many bloated and meaningless titles with little accountability and diluted responsibilities.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2022.03.30 14:45 UTC

Opinion: Will Vettel return?

Far too many bloated and meaningless titles with little accountability and diluted responsibilities.

ALL achieved WITH the fastest car at the time.
That IS REASON 4 Vettel 2 RETURN 2 Aston Martin  -  2 PROVE his drivin skill and abilities.
Few achieve ANY recognition WITH multi teams.
> Somethin Shumacher DID Hamilton HAS also though - ONLY 1 engine - Mercedes, Mclaren Mercedes

53 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

like every other F1 champion

lipstick79 is committing the usual lazy thinking, and repeating something which is patently false. Repeating it thousand times it will not convert into facts, never-mind how hard some people try. It is mantra of people who cannot accept facts of that era. The case has been reasoned endlessly, however blocked minds remain so probably for ever.

1. Vettel won in competitive environment when teams could copy his car within three months (not they didn't try it).

2. Vettel won through his driving/braking technique (especially in turns), as Horner explained on several occasions. Seb was just better at it than his contemporary rivals.

3.  It was Paddy Lowe of McLaren, who has on several occasions claimed that his car was just as good and fast as RBR. His drivers however didn't make much of it. Ferrari was there to fight Vettel as well in hands of Alonso. So, competition was there for Sebastian, who had not only them, but also his teammate who decided to help (openly) other team just to take down Vettel.

There is no comparison between Vettel and Hamilton IMO. As someone in pits said, Mercedes engine masked a lot of driver's mistakes in recent years, however it is not popular to talk about it. In the world of lies we live in, I am not surprised to learn when Vettel wins, it's actually his car, whereas when someone else wins, it is a driver who makes difference. There is nothing more to do, other than just to shrug it off.

9 hours ago, Sakae said:

something which is patently false

What is false?
IF R champion, then logic dictates - that IS the fastest car/team ...

Will this work?

Mr. Kolles thinks it's big NO.

I have doubts on my own, but then I don't work in the F1. 

spacer.png

56 minutes ago, Sakae said:

then I don't work in the F1

Neither do MOST people commentin on here or in the F1 world.
Opinion it IS what EVERYBODY has.

D/T 2022.04.04 7:59 UTC

Opinion of a man on the inside.

Helmut Marko fears for Sebastian Vettel’s “motivation”

Dr. Marko is a former mentor of Sebastian, and knows him better than most so called "experts" on sidelines. People can and do write any trash just to please their readership, and to justify their existential stream of income, however despite negativity, fact is, among many attributes a driver presumably must possess to win, motivation would be probably at the top ones. Seb might be loosing it. Not his skills, he just might be demotivated to clime that wall in his path. Dr. Marko is not that wrong about it. I fear too that Sebastian's tenure with AMR is running on wrong track, despite his investment in that team (40 MM?), but it would not be first time investments go bad.

23 hours ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian's tenure with AMR is running on wrong track, despite his investment in that team (40 MM?), but it would not be first time investments go bad.

Remember investment is NOT, just MONETARY.
Everythin HAS a value, what somebody will pay.  The value of Seb HAS fallen off the cliff, whilst he HAS been at AM.
The Seb brand, at this time NEEDS AM probably MORE than AM need Seb.
Sunday WILL not prove anythin.
Remember F1 is not just 1 race.  
Have 2 do it again and again - the rep effect. 

4 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Remember investment is NOT, just MONETARY.
Everythin HAS a value, what somebody will pay.  The value of Seb HAS fallen off the cliff, whilst he HAS been at AM.
The Seb brand, at this time NEEDS AM probably MORE than AM need Seb.
Sunday WILL not prove anythin.
Remember F1 is not just 1 race.  
Have 2 do it again and again - the rep effect. 

Speaking about who needs who, it appears that you are unaware that Sebastian was about a millimeter apart from retiring on his own volition, with over 100 MM € to his name in a Swiss bank. For you to claim he needs AMR with any level of intensity speaks IMO more about you, than him. He loves racing, which is why he is continuing. That thing what Anglo/Can team gave him is not exactly supporting what is now his hobby. Comes December, a decision awaits for him to make.  

This is where all talk gets you.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

This is where all talk gets you.

1 trick pony Seb.
WON in the fastest car. 
Went 2 Ferrari 4 BIG $$$ - Did NOT achieve ON track - FAILED at Ferrari
He NEEDS AMR, 4 HIS reputation.  Things bein consistent ANOTHER failure beckons 4 Seb at AMR.
He may have achieved back-2-back titles (RBR).  It is also lookin likely 2 B back-2-back FAILURES (Ferrari, AMR).

On 4/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, Sakae said:

He loves racing, which is why he is continuing

Which supports:

On 4/5/2022 at 9:30 AM, Sakae said:

to claim he needs AMR with any level of intensity

U contradicted URself

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/847999/Video_Aston_Martin_provides_update_on_new_F1_factory/

The new factory seems to be coming up good for AM. I'm not sure if lance or Alonso will reap benefits of it, but AM sure is on its way to be a powerhouse in F1.

11 hours ago, blackpebel said:

AM sure is on its way to be a powerhouse in F1

A new factory IS circumstantial. 
2 B a powerhouse HAVE 2 perform ON TRACK. 
Points WIN prizes, cuddly toy, cuddly toy.