Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Why is it not up to TP (Tim Krack) to announce his team's HR changes? Tim and Dr. Marko apparently know each other personally for some time on friendly basis. I don't know why RB back off from escalating Follows departure, but outcome was inevitable, and battle for the non-existent hill was just waste of energy.. Sensible people do sensible things (usually).  

Why do you think that Sakae. I expected a long drawn out event lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Follows is (was) aero chief at RBR.

Newey is aero chief at RBR. (At Cambridge he studied aerodynamics. That's his forte.)

So, what is AM getting in Fellows?

In my experience chief actually doesn't design anything per se. They do discuss merits of various concepts, but actual work is done by educated slaves at computers who very seldom, if at all get credit for job well done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2022.01.21  11:49 CET

Quote

AM design chief could follow Szafnauer to Alpine – report

Purge continues as Follows is getting ready to board the ship?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a good feeling about AMR. I remember reading they wanted to switch to low-rake years ago, because they had great ideas.

 

Mr Stroll Snr thought otherwise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I have a good feeling about AMR. I remember reading they wanted to switch to low-rake years ago, because they had great ideas.

 

Mr Stroll Snr thought otherwise

Are you saying that a man with a good idea on his mind left, and one at the root of last year debacle is staying? 

Seb, bro, hurry up and leave...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Are you saying that a man with a good idea on his mind left, and one at the root of last year debacle is staying? 

Seb, bro, hurry up and leave...

It was before they supposely copied the Merc as RP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

because they had great ideas

Those ideas R so great, they NEVER made it off the drawing board.
Ideas do NOT get result`s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Troubled waters for AM. I'm sure they will come strong through this and put up a good contender for 2022.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2022.01.29  16:51 CET

To re-state obvious, there is difference running a lingerie store, and a technology company. How one manages sales force in a clothing store, as opposed to sophisticated technical people. I expressed the same concern when it was announced that Seb (regrettably) had joined them. AM is run by grown up men. They do not change, unless they join Shaolin monastery, and that is not on (last I've heard). They will continue where they left it last year.

I feel actually sorry for M. Krack. My wish is for Seb to leave that place, before he gets again humiliated, and not because he cannot drive a fast car. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They change management in critical stage of car development, and that is suppose to be a masterstroke? Oh well. Seb, bro, are you really sure you want to stay?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sakae said:

They change management in critical stage of car development, and that is suppose to be a masterstroke? Oh well. Seb, bro, are you really sure you want to stay?

We will see... They are building a rocket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

We will see... They are building a rocket

Despite all denials (usual business), the article was referring to an insider who asserted that project is late. Momentarily cannot recall, but have they passed a crash test yet? As far as rockets go, I will believe it, when Seb confirms it. For now, plausible speculation is in realm of cutting corners just to please the boss and meet the deadline. We will see...when did I hear that one before? Oh yeah, last year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Despite all denials (usual business), the article was referring to an insider who asserted that project is late. Momentarily cannot recall, but have they passed a crash test yet? As far as rockets go, I will believe it, when Seb confirms it. For now, plausible speculation is in realm of cutting corners just to please the boss and meet the deadline. We will see...when did I hear that one before? Oh yeah, last year...

They were hampered by that floor., plus they don't have those resources of Merc. Hopefully the budget cap will provide some... equality.

 

Have faith my friend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

They were hampered by that floor., plus they don't have those resources of Merc. Hopefully the budget cap will provide some... equality.

 

Have faith my friend

Brad, over time what I am in here you seems to be calm, intelligent fellow, and nice to exchange some ideas on racing related subjects, but do you really believe that budget will provide equality? Well, there is no harm to dream... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Brad, over time what I am in here you seems to be calm, intelligent fellow, and nice to exchange some ideas on racing related subjects, but do you really believe that budget will provide equality? Well, there is no harm to dream... 

Lol

Probably not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2022.02.03  19:17 CET

Quote

The team will now be officially known as “Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2022.02.04  07:03 CET

Vettel and Alonso – will patience allow for winless seasons?

Quote

With a combined tally of six titles and 85 victories, Fernando Alonso and Sebastian Vettel are two of F1’s best talents. But will midfield machinery in 2022 be able to satisfy the veteran pair?

I am not certain that either of drivers actually can answer that question.  Departure from F1 by both is possible. Sebastian expected already last year a better car, and he will probably not want to wait another 4 years for something better, while his rivals aren't frozen in time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strictly speaking this is Sebastian teammate's car, but color looks good on this vehicle. Front wing too, despite not knowing how effective it will be.  First impression - not bad at all, but we will need much more. As stated by a rival team's manager, this is just beginning, and what we will see actually in races will be something else again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Strictly speaking this is Sebastian teammate's car, but color looks good on this vehicle. Front wing too, despite not knowing how effective it will be.  First impression - not bad at all, but we will need much more. As stated by a rival team's manager, this is just beginning, and what we will see actually in races will be something else again.  

v2_large_4904d83487eebe61c329bff4b9e5106

That front wing is quite high?

Lots of input from Vettel into car development tho Sakae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

That front wing is quite high?

Lots of input from Vettel into car development tho Sakae

Seb has been quoted:

Quote

He had nothing but positive words to say about both the car and the team... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AM #18 had a filming day. So, who was driving it? British media from ingrown modesty rather not say.Aston Martin #18 had a filming day.  Both drivers were scheduled to take a spin. I wish Seb would spill his first thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...