Clicky

Jump to content
Sakae

Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR21)

Recommended Posts


I am not sure that I understand your question, but the thread which is being replaced is hereunder bearing following heading:

Quote

This thread is closed for technical reasons (former AM/RP)

Technical issues were reported by a poster, but not analysed and identified beyond offering following simple solution. It is hoped that a new thread will address and resolve amicably the issue in hand whatever that is. No need to speculate now about all options beyond that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure that I understand your question, but the thread which is being replaced is hereunder bearing following heading:

Technical issues were reported by a poster, but not analysed and identified beyond offering following simple solution. It is hoped that a new thread will address and resolve amicably the issue in hand whatever that is. No need to speculate now about all options beyond that.

Thank you Sakae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2021 at 3:40 AM, Sakae said:

This thread replaces previous one, which was closed for technical reasons.

Much appreciated 🤘.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am reading how this driver or that driver (Perez with RBR) had a chance to try his 2021 car after changing teams, yet nothing from AM, despite that ownership of AM is aiming to finish high this year. I wonder who gave that idea whilst a car is sitting in the garage? Over-reliance on sim seems to be over the top, and hardly justified IMO. I used to get angry over such stupidity, but these days there is no more anger left in me, just bitterness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

AM is aiming to finish high this year

Y limit it 2 JUST AM
ALL teams SHOULD, B aiming to finish high EVERY YEAR - not JUST this year
If not then, Y NOT
Unless just in F1 2 make up the numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Y limit it 2 JUST AM
ALL teams SHOULD, B aiming to finish high EVERY YEAR - not JUST this year
If not then, Y NOT
Unless just in F1 2 make up the numbers

How many low end teams have their boss walking around and saying we should win some races this year, yet car is parked, untested? Where I live, first you do sensible things, then you win, and then, and only then you talk. Not the other way around. (I do not live in UK).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I am reading how this driver or that driver (Perez with RBR) had a chance to try his 2021 car after changing teams, yet nothing from AM, despite that ownership of AM is aiming to finish high this year. I wonder who gave that idea whilst a car is sitting in the garage? Over-reliance on sim seems to be over the top, and hardly justified IMO. I used to get angry over such stupidity, but these days there is no more anger left in me, just bitterness.

I share your sentiment Sakae. Also, How F1 even got to this point where one team can dominate the field like this with other teams hands tied behind their backs is unjustifyable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • F1 makes claims it is top shelve motorsport, yet its principal actors aren't allowed to train on a race track.
  • F1 is boasting WCC, yet actors aren't allowed to work on WCC related stuff as they deem necessary. So, what's value of that trophy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sakae said:

How many low end teams ...

I think U R confused Sakae.  There R NO low end teams IN F1 currently.
The turbo hybrid era HAS removed them ALL.
ALL teams R NOW high profile teams.  With the exception of the sister, customer teams.
Though the customer teams R able 2 find the HIGH entry fee AND finance a team.
The works manufacturers R ALL high profile.  Some MORE high profile than others.
Ferrari much MORE high profile than Alpine (formally Renault).

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Aston Martin 'definitely tempted' to sign Hamilton for 2022

Is that's what Vettel signed for and invested purportedly 40MM? Needless to say I don't see Stroll Jr. quitting any time soon. I had a few nightmares in which knife in back played a prominent role, so I am hoping this is just simply one of those and I will wake up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Is that's what Vettel signed for and invested purportedly 40MM? Needless to say I don't see Stroll Jr. quitting any time soon. I had a few nightmares in which knife in back played a prominent role, so I am hoping this is just simply one of those and I will wake up.

I think it was just a by-pass comment. A response to an inevitable question. This is just my view, I might be wrong.

Anyway, I don't think they can afford Hamilton. Stroll Snr is not the only decision-maker..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think it was just a by-pass comment. A response to an inevitable question. This is just my view, I might be wrong.

Anyway, I don't think they can afford Hamilton. Stroll Snr is not the only decision-maker..

You have calming effect on me, Brad. Come to think of it, I would not mind if Vettel would return to RBR for about 2 years (should Verstappen leave for better pastures). Not that RB is desperate, not at all. They have young blood coming up, and there was talk about securing their future. Perez might stay more than one year, and Gastly is impatient.

I am however puzzled why Seb is committed to only one season.

  • Was he offered only short stay?
  • Was he seeking option to get out, if the car is dud?
  • Has he been talking to his long time mentor (Dr. Marko) and he knows something we don't? RB admitted that Verstappen might leave, so the consequences are rather obvious.

I think Seb would like to stay another 3 years, and retire by the end of 2023, but he cannot have another year like the last one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

You have calming effect on me, Brad. Come to think of it, I would not mind if Vettel would return to RBR for about 2 years (should Verstappen leave for better pastures). Not that RB is desperate, not at all. They have young blood coming up, and there was talk about securing their future. Perez might stay more than one year, and Gastly is impatient. I am puzzled why Seb is committed to only one season.

  • Was he offered only short stay?
  • Was he seeking option to get out, if the car is dud?
  • Has he been talking to his long time mentor (Dr. Marko) and he knows something we don't? RB admitted that Verstappen might leave, so the consequences are rather obvious.

I think Seb would like to stay another 3 years, and retire by the end of 2023, but he cannot have another year like the last one.

I hope so too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“This team has punched above its weight with significantly less resources, and I sincerely believe with the same amount of people and the same budget, there is no reason why world championships are not very much on the cards."

This is quite true. They have made significant strides the last few years, albeit being labelled as a copy-cat. I hope they, as a team, will grow and prosper with Seb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warning about some good news...

To all the F1, AM, and vettel fans in particular.. AM is on the up with signing a new deal with a sponsor.. good days ahead for AM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

Warning about some good news...

To all the F1, AM, and vettel fans in particular.. AM is on the up with signing a new deal with a sponsor.. good days ahead for AM.

That new marketing spnsorship guy is really doing a great job, I unfortunately forgot his name. From Cognizant to Peroni, sponsors are streaming in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That new marketing spnsorship guy is really doing a great job, I unfortunately forgot his name. From Cognizant to Peroni, sponsors are streaming in

Seems to be doing his job quite well..

"Jefferson Slack, Managing Director - Commercial & Marketing, Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One™ Team"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

new marketing spnsorship guy is really doing a great job, I unfortunately forgot his name. From Cognizant to Peroni, sponsors are streaming in

By comparison.  He IS shamin Zak Brown over at Mclaren.
Zak supposedly has all these contacts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all helps Stroll's financial coffers, but I am totally lost, how it helps to Vettel, who hasn't driven a meter in that contraption, whilst almost everyone else has. So far I have zero confidence that Stroll is managing his team well. Hasn't heard anything which would calm my concerns. There is difference I can detect between selling women underwear, and managing a sporting technical unit. The over-reliance on sim might come back to bite them; big way. Just plain stupid start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This all helps Stroll's financial coffers, but I am totally lost, how it helps to Vettel, who hasn't driven a meter in that contraption, whilst almost everyone else has. So far I have zero confidence that Stroll is managing his team well. Hasn't heard anything which would calm my concerns. There is difference I can detect between selling women underwear, and managing a sporting technical unit. The over-reliance on sim might come back to bite them; big way. Just plain stupid start.

Seb will pull a miracle if he drags that car to podiums and wins, with everything stacked against him. The midfield battle will be tough, as eveyone has "closed in".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...