Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

Vettel on track for Aston Martin for the first time, as he and Stroll shakedown AMR21 at Silverstone

Colour seems darker than what I thought it would be.

Italian media hold their breath in fear of Aston Martin

Vettel didn't say I want to beat Ferrari as my first objective. Paraphrasing, what he actually said, we (AM) are aiming to move up, and that might also mean in that endeavour we could end up getting ahead of Ferrari. Seb was very polite and forgiving with his language.

Aston Martin is aiming to become Formula 1 championship contenders within the next "three-to-five years", according to team principal Otmar Szafnauer.

So, where does this leaves Vettel while AM is developing alongside stated plan? One thing Sebastian said, namely, he will not stay in F1 as long as some others do; I am assuming he was thinking about Alonso. 

What I would like to see is for Seb to have a very good restoration year with AM, and then replace retiring Hamilton or outgoing Verstappen. That would bode well with my ideas where Seb belongs.

47 minutes ago, Sakae said:

So, where does this leaves Vettel while AM is developing alongside stated plan? One thing Sebastian said, namely, he will not stay in F1 as long as some others do; I am assuming he was thinking about Alonso. 

What I would like to see is for Seb to have a very good restoration year with AM, and then replace retiring Hamilton or outgoing Verstappen. That would bode well with my ideas where Seb belongs.

I think he is a good place with AM.  He can build the team around him. They will listen to him. Too much politics within the top 2 teams, too much red tape (he does'nt need it at this stage of his career), unless RBR really opens up with Verstappen departure. MAYBE then, he should consider. But he has invested in this team. I think AM will IMO be his last. So he's going to make it count.

That's why I expect him to be fired up this season. and the smile is back

Both AM driver's favourite track is Suzuka, especially first sequence of several corners.  So is mine, altho Spa is close second.  Nordschleife is unique, with history preceding F1, and nothing IMO can compare to it.

28 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Both AM driver's favourite track is Suzuka, especially first sequence of several corners.  So is mine, altho Spa is close second.  Nordschleife is unique, with history preceding F1, and nothing IMO can compare to it.

The question was; "Which is your fav corner in F1?" I thought one of em would say Eau Rouge.  Lance replied Spoon Curve, Japan (If memory serves me well). Vettel then elaborated that it's his fav track (never knew that), especially the first sweeping corners leading to Spoon Curve

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

he will not stay in F1 as long as some others do

That IS because he spent his, winning Red Bull years dominating.  Gaining fastest laps, track records ...
He has already left his mark in the record books.  
Alonso IS still in F1 2 prove that, he is the complete driver.
With Schummy & NOW Hamilton`s dominance.  Alonso HAS won in motor sport AWAY from F1.
On his way 2 motorsports triple crown.  

I rather guess different reasons. It's not past, but rather future which influences his decisions. From his general attitude towards life, he understands that F1 is not the end of his life journey. He has some other plans what to do after he hangs his helmet on a nail. Besides, he wants to be next to his kids before they are all grown up. Chilling at home on a couch, and having kids climbing all over him is one of those blessings he loves that much.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

It's not past, but rather future which influences his decisions

I find this a strange conclusion.
How CAN somethin that has NOT yet happened influence ANYTHIN ??
The future is NOT written - it has NOT happened yet 2 B able 2 influence ANYTHIN.
> ... things bein consistent ... probably WILL happen, but there IS always the possibility
of a curve ball - somethin unexpected.

13 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

my ideas where Seb belongs

Seb belongs IN the past.
A fizzy drink is NOW established, with market share.
AM followin the SAME path as a fizzy drink.  Without buyin the BEST F1 designer - Newey
Though they HAVE bought the SAME driver who, brought awareness 2 a fizzy drink.
Hopin that driver WILL bring awareness 2 the AM brand

3 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I find this a strange conclusion.
How CAN somethin that has NOT yet happened influence ANYTHIN ??
The future is NOT written - it has NOT happened yet 2 B able 2 influence ANYTHIN.
> ... things bein consistent ... probably WILL happen, but there IS always the possibility
of a curve ball - somethin unexpected.

Being aware of the past, living fully today, and have, or working on a plan for future.

(Adopted Eastern Philosophy on Pragmatic Way of Life). 

Being aware off, but not living in the past seems sensible to me.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

not living in the past seems sensible to me.

That IS obvious, we live in the here & now.
I AM aware that U ALSO, sucked UR mums breasts but I am NOT judgin - breast feeding.

47 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

That IS obvious, we live in the here & now.
I AM aware that U ALSO, sucked UR mums breasts but I am NOT judgin - breast feeding.

That's not appropriate Ms Lipstick

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

That's not appropriate Ms Lipstick

Indeed noted, it is ALSO an analogy.

Peel the onion.
Vettel is the child in the analogy.  He is no longer a child, he has matured.
Probably now about 2 retire soon.  Aston Martin is like the Red Bull project.
Without the legendry designer A.Newey

There seems to be ongoing certain dynamics between Stroll's and Otmar Szafnauer's rhetoric. Stroll is quoted about chasing title, OS is talking about challenge just to stay at the top of midfield. I am still listing them out of first 5 teams, but we will get some indications soon who is who, and what is what.

What's with the engine Wolff is complaining about? How, if at all, it affects MB's customers?

Beats me what type of political pressure Stroll applied (on anybody) that he was awarded getting AM to join MB as a SC and MC. Ferrari would have been far more deserving brand IMO, including McLaren and Renault if it comes to it.

Signed with Aston Martin, Sebastian Vettel says this is now “home” and has denied giving any thought to a possible 2022 Mercedes move.

Interesting. That would give credence to Brad's op.

Do people change their mind (or have someone change it for them)?  Stroll was drooling about Hamilton at AM. I am very much in doubt that Junior would give up his seat.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Interesting. That would give credence to Brad's op.

Do people change their mind (or have someone change it for them)?  Stroll was drooling about Hamilton at AM. I am very much in doubt that Junior would give up his seat.

Seb certainly looks happier, I'm happy for him too. It's all I want for him, so he can concentrate on his racing

Vettel and his driving style.

I am not sure if this was posted already, but I find the linked article interesting. It corrects my perception which was having Seb on more extreme side (where Perez sits). That of course begs a question about 2020 - what the **** was going on there?

Wolf apparently admitted having his hand in hiring saga of Vettel by AM. So now we have BE, and TW on the same page.

Dr. Marko - advised Seb to take sabbatical. Practicality of that is hotly debated subject. We know that Seb is not favouring sitting out, said he. Once you are out, you are out for good. (His opinion).

36 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I am not sure if this was posted already, but I find the linked article interesting. It corrects my perception which was having Seb on more extreme side (where Perez sits). That of course begs a question about 2020 - what the **** was going on there?

Wolf apparently admitted having his hand in hiring saga of Vettel by AM. So now we have BE, and TW on the same page.

Dr. Marko - advised Seb to take sabbatical. Practicality of that is hotly debated subject. We know that Seb is not favouring sitting out, said he. Once you are out, you are out for good. (His opinion).

`i believe that too.

What was going on?  I've given my views on that. May fans have woken up, and are sympathetic towards Seb

Vettel was sabotaged by his team in 2020. There is no other explanation. If the cars were even Vettel would win almost every race!

I blame British and American culture for it. Their hatred of Germans is well known and the sport is now far too Anglo-Saxon minded.

8 minutes ago, thetruth34 said:

Vettel was sabotaged by his team in 2020. There is no other explanation. If the cars were even Vettel would win almost every race!

I blame British and American culture for it. Their hatred of Germans is well known and the sport is now far too Anglo-Saxon minded.

I've given an opinion... subtle sabotage. Not active, that everyone can see. I don't trust Binotto one bit

50 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Also, from what I read lately, the car was entirely designed to accomodate Leclerc' driving style

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

I've given an opinion... subtle sabotage. Not active, that everyone can see. I don't trust Binotto one bit

Seb will never speak up. 

He has too much class.

We all know the truth.