Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

God help him if he goes with Williams. Georgie Russell is the anointed one there and NO second driver will be allowed to even compete with him. Seb MUST be #1 driver, or he will languish the same way Kubica did in 2019 in an inferior car (The car was inferior despite Williams lies... I mean assurances). 

Kubica is another sad case. I really feel for the guy. All that talent..wasted  with an unfortunate incident.

Nice to see you popping in now and then Piotr :cheers:

6 hours ago, Piotr said:

God help him if he goes with Williams. Georgie Russell is the anointed one there and NO second driver will be allowed to even compete with him. Seb MUST be #1 driver, or he will languish the same way Kubica did in 2019 in an inferior car (The car was inferior despite Williams lies... I mean assurances). 

Vettel will not join Williams. He stated more than once that his current position is a last one before he retires. He wants to win, not building another team from scratch. I do however think that people like Dr. Marko, Tost, Ecclestone and Wolff have enough of a relationship with him to potentially change his mind. I have no doubt that Sebastian was under impression he will take over where Perez ended up last year, and now that shock. What's his state of mind today is a good question. He could use a mentor right now (Marko, Michael), but it is impossible. Times are difficult for him.

Unfortunate.

Aston Martin CEO Otmar Szafnauer has admitted the team doesn’t know why it suffered a host of brake-related issues in the lead-up to the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.

On their way to the grid, Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel’s rear brakes ignited and melted ahead of the race.

Aston Martin managed to repair Stroll’s brakes so he could make the start, while Vettel was forced to start from the pit lane as the repairs weren’t completed in time.

Too soon to read anything into such unfortunate incident? Pit lane start was only begging. Additional time penalty to Vettel was his bonus for the day.

How Aston Martin's "biggest regret" has severely hampered Vettel

Before testing began, I have expressed concerns about very short indoctrination period driver was afforded. 1.5 days was simply unrealistic, despite assurances I heard how an experienced driver needs only hours to slip in.

Well, no, not really.

Vettel is behind Stroll, Ricciardo is behind his teammate, Perez has his issues, and so it goes. In Vettel's case as if testing misery wasn't enough, now he is haunted with reliability beyond, yet so called "experts" on sidelines consistently blaming Vettel and Vettel alone, fair or not. Talking about tinted glasses. How about ignorant glasses?

Szafnauer:

“If the car philosophies are completely different it does take time," added Szafnauer, who has confirmed speaking to Perez about the issue.

Precisely. This didn't take Ph.D. to figure it out. After imposing cost capping measures, also a reason for FiA to remove testing restrictions IMO. More time will also stamp how future will looks like.

Now, finding calming assurances in voice of the man at the helm, I am still unsettled why Seb resides in P14, instead top 5 or 8. That is another matter and question is, is it all down to him, or him and his car? Alonso also admitted much of slow running is up to him.

Seidl:

“These cars are complex, and to find these last two, three, four, tenths, but also make the difference when how comfortable they are to push these cars to the limit, that is not straightforward to find and get out of these cars.

“That takes time. It is not a surprise it is part of the process of integrating a new driver, and with the experience Daniel has, in the experience we have within the team, it is just a matter of a few more race weekends before Daniel is fully comfortable in our car.”

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Quote: These cars are complex

U put the cars on track  and race them.
What IS complex about that ?

IF it has become complex it IS only what the manufactures HAVE made it.
EVERYBODY has AGREED 2 the rules.
The teams CHOSE the complexity - TOGETHER.
They ALL signed the agreement.
Stop complainin and get on with racin

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

U put the cars on track  and race them.
What IS complex about that ?

IF it has become complex it IS only what the manufactures HAVE made it.
EVERYBODY has AGREED 2 the rules.
The teams CHOSE the complexity - TOGETHER.
They ALL signed the agreement.
Stop complainin and get on with racing

Forgive me, but this is just another silly post of yours.

Technology series is not in your grasp of understanding, I got it.

Maybe you could stop telling people like Seidl and Szafnauer to stop complaining. It's not their fault that after many months (years?) of watching F1 on a smart phone, you still didn't get jest how things really do work (or suppose to work) on a thingy they are calling a CAR.  

Getting used to a new car has nothing to do whether a driver signed contract to drive it. It is a question of mastering the equipment to its full potential, and that's the zone both TPs are referring to. Driver's skills and equipment potential must meet at the top. Drivers like Vettel, Ricciardo, Alonso, Perez and others are working on that as we speak. No one is complaining, but they are asking for patience. It may take a while for some, whereas other will not reach the summit, regardless how hard they try. 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, Sakae said:

and that's the zone both TPs are referring to.

Just makin things MORE complicated than they NEED 2 B.
These cars R still cars goin around a track.  Where IS the complications?
Now DEPENDEND upon software - it is NOT difficult.
Software IS either yes OR no (back in the day, on or off).

If U R unable to get, into "the zone".
Then get OUT of the sport, mayB U should TRY tiddly-winks.

On 4/22/2021 at 5:50 PM, Sakae said:

Getting used to a new car has nothing to do whether a driver signed contract to drive it. It is a question of mastering the equipment to its full potential,

MayB in, the good ol days
But these cars pretty much drive themselves, the driver is JUST a pilot.  Pointin the car in the right direction

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

MayB in, the good ol days
But these cars pretty much drive themselves, the driver is JUST a pilot.  Pointin the car in the right direction

How long do you watch F1?

There is significant difference between Sunday drive in a racing car, and race the racing car to its full potential.

Of course, only Alonso drives 20% over full car potential (according to him and his disciples). Famous 120%.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

and race the racing car to its full potential.

?? U R obviously NOT watchin F1.
Like I said, in the good old days - V8 mayB.
Though this turbo hybrid era, the cars pretty much drive themselves, just pointed in the right direction by the driver.
How many wheel 2 wheel battles R there nowadays ?
The results R pretty much static - Seb proved that with his handful of titles.
Get pole on Saturday and just, keep out of trouble bringin the win home.
There is NO racin any longer in F1, the work IS done on a Saturday in quali.
When were the last surprise like Trulli in Monaco 2004 - V8 era
Nobody comes through the field.
Hakkinen & MSC battles - racin until the last race in the season b4 the title IS won, a thing of the past

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Though this turbo hybrid era, the cars pretty much drive themselves, just pointed in the right direction by the driver.
When were the last surprise like T

I didn't say cars and drivers are at their best, however that special place at the top is a target of every team and every driver. Target stays regardless how screwed up the F1 is. 

(Oh I know, it's all Ferrari's and Todt's fault - as one UK fan wrote, and he meant it). 

11 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

When were the last surprise like Trulli in Monaco 2004 - V8 era
Nobody comes through the field.

Hakkinen & MSC battles - racin until the last race in the season b4 the title IS won, a thing of the past

He's got a point here

Under most recent discussion  two aspects of racing are getting mixed up. Complain that racing has been for far too long static due to lack of overtaking is old as my memory, and even under best of time, at the front seldom more than two or three drivers were in contention. So much is true. Winning on Saturday meant often race was very predictable.

Point is, this aspect was not discussed initially. There was another topic on the table.

lipstick initially refused to accept, that drivers in their new cars need a seat time. She has complained they have contract and must drive, because cars are easier to drive than in the past. Discussion then evolved from her proposition until she started mixing the other issue into it.

I can only repeat my opinion, there is significant difference between being able to just circle on a track for whatever reasons, and actually race it to full potential by both, a driver and equipment to his disposal. Getting most out of both, driver and his car is not easy. Some succeed, some have equipment below their capabilities, and some drivers are just not that special. (Only Alonso get 120%. Oh well, people say darnest things sometimes). Having contract to drive is enough - as lipstick says -  has actually nothing much to do with performance. To excel and getting into that top zone takes time. If I recall correctly, I think it was DR who said recently it has taken him almost a year (full season), before he got hang of it (got use to his Renault).

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Under most recent discussion  two aspects of racing are getting mixed up. Complain that racing has been for far too long static due to lack of overtaking is old as my memory, and even under best of time, at the front seldom more than two or three drivers were in contention. So much is true. Winning on Saturday meant often race was very predictable.

Point is, this aspect was not discussed initially. There was another topic on the table.

lipstick initially refused to accept, that drivers in their new cars need a seat time. She has complained they have contract and must drive, because cars are easier to drive than in the past. Discussion then evolved from her proposition until she started mixing the other issue into it.

I can only repeat my opinion, there is significant difference between being able to just circle on a track for whatever reasons, and actually race it to full potential by both, a driver and equipment to his disposal. Getting most out of both, driver and his car is not easy. Some succeed, some have equipment below their capabilities, and some drivers are just not that special. (Only Alonso get 120%. Oh well, people say darnest things sometimes). Having contract to drive is enough - as lipstick says -  has actually nothing much to do with performance. To excel and getting into that top zone takes time. If I recall correctly, I think it was DR who said recently it has taken him almost a year (full season), before he got hang of it (got use to his Renault).

Yes,  not in this particular context

I agree with your views

40 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I agree with your views

If I agreed with U then, we would BOTH B wrong !! lol

This team needs to shape up.

They have just signed a 4x World Champion and the best driver of his era. For the love of god give the man the tools he needs. He is your only hope of winning races and cups. 

On 4/28/2021 at 6:15 PM, thetruth34 said:

This team needs to shape up.

They have just signed a 4x World Champion and the best driver of his era. For the love of god give the man the tools he needs. He is your only hope of winning races and cups. 

+1

Stroll has ‘different' Aston Martin car – Vettel

May 1 As Sebastian Vettel's struggles continue, he has revealed that Aston Martin teammate Lance Stroll is benefitting from a 'different specification' this weekend at Portimao. After trailing Stroll's pace in Friday practice, quadruple world champion Vettel was asked if it is frustrating to be behind Stroll – whose father Lawrence owns the team. 'Not really,' he told Sky Deutschland. 'He has a slightly different specification this weekend, which was clear in advance. 'I hope that he can make a step forward with it,' Vettel added. 

https://www.gptoday.com/details/view/769733/Stroll_has_8216different8217_Aston_Martin_car_8211_Vettel/

Perhaps this is merely an isolated incident with justifiable reasons behind it.

Is it too soon to remind you - I told you so? Let's hope it is. 

Former F1 driver Ralf Schumacher says it is not a new situation for the Silverstone based team.

"We already had that last year - Sergio Perez was upset because Lance had a completely different car," he said.

http://www.f1reader.com/news/tag/vettel#/news/vettel-adaptation-hampered-by-unpredictable-aston-martin-szafnauer-276651

Why is Vettel struggling?

TP - (paraphrasing) the car has not one characteristics, but many. It is unpredictable, says Szafnauer.

Smart Alec question: Otmar, why then don't you give him a car which will be more stable? Before a season start your English Chief Engineer was boasting how AM knows exactly what Vettel needs, and his team will give it to him. Is the English team just all talk, or they planning to deliver what was promised, and when that would be? 

Maybe soon...

Aston Martin team boss Otmar Szafnauer has explained that upgrades are coming for their car, which will help ease Sebastian Vettel's lack of confidence with rear instability.

FP3 ... AM is a joke. The leading driver is in P16, and Sebastian in P18, both beaten by Mick Schumacher in Haas. What an iconic team AM is. Both drivers clocked these ultra fast laps on soft tires.

Post race comments:

Otmar Szafnauer, Chief Operating Officer: “Lance drove a good race from a less than optimal grid slot, never put a foot wrong, and ended up finishing 14th in a race that contained very little attrition. Towards the end, he was running just behind Sebastian, but on fresher tyres, so we asked Sebastian to let Lance past so that he could have a go at trying to catch and pass the cars ahead, to give us an outside chance of nicking a point. In the end, Lance was not able to do that so, very sportingly, he gave the place back to Sebastian on the final lap. Obviously, we are disappointed not to have been able to score any points today, but the good news is that the Spanish Grand Prix is next weekend, so we have a chance to correct that in just a few days’ time.”

...we ask Sebastian to move over - junior is on better strategy and has fresher tires

...junior has upgrades, Seb doesn't

Perez said he had similar experience with Strolls.