Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

On 5/10/2021 at 9:06 PM, Sakae said:

Date 2021.05.10   Time 18:50 (UTC)

MB purchased F1 engine outfit, however they also have their own vast experience in building powerful engines for road cars and other sporting series, which spans about last 100 years.

RB has experience with mixing drink known as Red Bull.

Build you own engines, and especially hybrids is the answer? Anyone who thinks building engines is a piece of cake might find big surprise under the rainbow before this is over. I don't want to sound negative over their decision, but I remain sceptical. Staying with Alpine was IMHO a wiser decision. Having in-house bunch of Honda guys is one thing, but what they have done here is difficult to understand accurately from outside. They hired some Japanese personnel of Honda, but it is not clear where maintenance ends, and improvements continue. It is an experiment which could go either way, and sometimes it is more intriguing for me, than the race itself.

Date 2021.05.14   Time 8:01 (UTC)

Wolff: '15 guys and an empty building won't do it for Red Bull

Well, that's exactly my point. Intent is one thing, and it generates good headlines for some on sidelines, however people with even remote experience in this kind of industry know size of the challenge. I said this before, and I am willing to repeat it again, Alpine was a safer solution for RB. Until they return to old style of motors, hybrids are expensive and sophisticated killers. Just ask Honda. (They must be scratching their heads back in Japan).

Date 2021.05.22   Time 11:24 (UTC)

FP3

"We believe that his confidence will only grow from here," he added.

Szafnauer also thinks Vettel's period of adaptation is nothing out of the ordinary.

"I talked with other drivers who changed teams, and most of them told me that it takes about five grands prix to get used to the car and the team. That also applies to Sebastian," he said.

Sebastian Vettel too estimated initially that he might take about 5 races to decide whether he will adapt to his new car. So far his prediction has been validated by better placing in practices on streets of Monaco over earlier races. Fingers cross he will move forward from now on. This is a guy who drove on streets of Singapore close to 300 km/hr in his RB, while about 1/2 m adrift from a wall. Monaco however for him in a new car is something else. Much can go wrong very quickly.

Date 2021.05.23   Time 19:43 (UTC)

I have to add praise (for change) for pit-wall support. They really went on my nerves in almost all races since day one, but today all is forgotten and forgiven. Good job today, and they deserve chunk of glory attached to P5 for Seb. I am hoping team's mood was lifted up.

On 5/23/2021 at 9:47 PM, Sakae said:

Date 2021.05.23   Time 19:43 (UTC)

I have to add praise (for change) for pit-wall support. They really went on my nerves in almost all races since day one, but today all is forgotten and forgiven. Good job today, and they deserve chunk of glory attached to P5 for Seb. I am hoping team's mood was lifted up.

I certainly hope so too

The car still does'nt have the speed for the fast circuits methinks. At least Seb is more comfortable with/in the car

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I certainly hope so too

The car still does'nt have the speed for the fast circuits methinks. At least Seb is more comfortable with/in the car

On speeds circuits they will face challenge to stay in top 10. That car is not speedster, so much is obvious. 

Team boss Otmar Szafnauer says that Sebastian Vettel isn’t yet operating at 100% at Aston Martin, but is now getting close.

“Ayrton Senna thought the fastest car was one that oversteers, but for Sebastian and also Alain Prost and myself as well, a car that is unstable at the rear was always difficult to drive.”

Former F1 driver Karl Wendlinge

Ferrari made the rear even more unstable with their 2021 car. It suits Leclerc' driving style. Imagine the "developments" Seb had to contend with last year, but as that Binotto clown said.... They had equal cars

18 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

“Ayrton Senna thought the fastest car was one that oversteers, but for Sebastian and also Alain Prost and myself as well, a car that is unstable at the rear was always difficult to drive.”

Former F1 driver Karl Wendlinge

Ferrari made the rear even more unstable with their 2021 car. It suits Leclerc' driving style. Imagine the "developments" Seb had to contend with last year, but as that Binotto clown said.... They had equal cars

We know Alonso has a weird style he likes in his cars. Any team mate usually suffers horribly because they cannot ever get comfortable.

I am loving Ferrari's failures thus far. I knew Leclerc getting pole in Baku was more down to the red flag that actual pace. It was a delight to see him getting passed.

Treat legends like dirt and this is the response of fans like myself towards Ferrari. Binotto will be forgotten 5mins after he is eventually fired. At this rate that could be 5-10 years as Ferrari at present are clueless.

17 hours ago, KoolMonkey said:

We know Alonso has a weird style he likes in his cars. Any team mate usually suffers horribly because they cannot ever get comfortable.

Not really,, he too likes a car that is planted at the rear end. With the current regulations, this has more to do with the Power output available to each team. Prior to 2014 it had more to do with how teams are able to best use the blown diffuser or a similar Mechanism. Neweys expertise in this field were exceptional between 2010 to 2013.

so basically in todays scenario:

More Power = More wing Angle at the rear end = More downforce at the back = Stable rear end.

When Ferrari played with the regulations to gain more power in 2018-19, they were able to offer more rear end downforce to its drivers which suited Vettel's requirements.

Hmmmm...

Leclerc said: “..."We knew the Red Bulls and Mercedes had quite a bit more pace than us on the long runs. I tried to not fight them too much, to focus on my race.

"But the two big surprises are the two Aston Martins that were flying and this we need to understand because they definitely did something right.

Are they really finding proper speed, or is it circuit related. Looks to me like they still lag, especially on the straights. Might be a telling comment from Leclerc

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

"But the two big surprises are the two Aston Martins that were flying and this we need to understand because they definitely did something right.

Perhaps working with Vettel yields early positive indication they are on correct recovery strategy.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Perhaps working with Vettel yields early positive indication they are on correct recovery strategy.

Now you talking my friend. Now you talking

“In other events, we had a stronger showing in qualifying and then struggled a bit in the race," added Vettel. "It was, if anything, the other way around [in Baku].

“I was very surprised when I found myself in the race, at ease, following the AlphaTauris with Yuki [Tsunoda] in the beginning and feeling faster, feeling also comfortable to follow Charles [Leclerc] and putting pressure on.

“I felt quite comfortable all weekend, so hopefully we can carry that momentum into the next couple of events.

"France will be a normal track so we will see where we are but hopefully we can fight for points a little bit more regularly.”

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/777288/Vettel__Pressure_off_now_Aston_Martin_move_has_started_clicking/

Sakae, I'm suprised you mentioned some "dissidence" against the team on Vettel, I know I'm not using the correct terminology.. Those rumours. Are you following #amstories.

a Totally different picture emerges ....

I would have to search for it, however I didn't made it up. I am not sure anymore who, there was number of negative comments about him, but (I think it was Rosberg) jubilant team of course were happy after last race, regardless how they felt after previous races. The good car placement, earned or inherited, doesn't matter. It was balm on the pain they all felt since race 1. I hope they can carry some of it forward. I was of course wrong with my own prediction, that Vettel would be in P7 or P8, but I take P2 with grin on my face. Race was chaotic. To be fair, I am not sure if anyone in the paddock, or on the team would have predicted race results.

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I would have to search for it, however I didn't made it up. I am not sure anymore who, there was number of negative comments about him, but (I think it was Rosberg) jubilant team of course were happy after last race, regardless how they felt after previous races. The good car placement, earned or inherited, doesn't matter. It was balm on the pain they all felt since race 1. I hope they can carry some of it forward. I was of course wrong with my own prediction, that Vettel would be in P7 or P8, but I take P2 with grin on my face. Race was chaotic. To be fair, I am not sure if anyone in the paddock, or on the team would have predicted race results.

You are not alone in that assesment. Thought so too. I think thats actually where the car is in terms of performance. 

Date 2021.06.11   Time 17:33 (UTC)

"Vettel is number 1 at the Stroll team, which Daddy probably won't like very much," said Marko, undoubtedly referring to Lawrence.

Not necessarily. There are many ways how to promote owner's son in the background. I am just hoping I will not live long enough to see it.

Sakae
     Dude U did not think UR response through.
The ONLY reason Vettel IS at the Stroll team IS marketin
Vettel IS a MULTI MDC - GUARANTEED marketin and awareness
4 whoever bhe drives 4
AM need the awareness Vettel WILL bring
AM is NOT a fizzy drink in turn the awareness SHOULD B more 
appropriate

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Sakae
     Dude U did not think UR response through.
Vettel IS a MULTI MDC - GUARANTEED marketin and awareness
4 whoever bhe drives 4
AM need the awareness Vettel WILL bring
AM is NOT a fizzy drink in turn the awareness SHOULD B more 
appropriate

Ms Lipstick. Stroll Snr. wants to WIN championships, they are expanding to do just that. You don't win championships through marketibility

6 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Not the ONLY reason..

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

Not the ONLY reason..

You did not elaborate?

I hope you're not alluding to the rumours that Vettel is there to make Stroll Jnr look good