Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

Date 2021.06.12   Time 5:46 (UTC)

Whilst I reject @lipstick79 article on several levels, marketing angle is however most likely one plausible aspect of her case.

Successful drivers (photogenic, racey, sociable) do promote team's brand as its label is consequently quoted more often in positive terms in media over less fortunate labels further on the grid. Decals plastered all over the car aren't there by accident. MB keeps someone who can deliver podium, and the star is then seen on TV. Otherwise they could simply hire Mr. Mazepin, and be done with it, however since they don't, lust for podium, champagne, lights, baloons and laugh is undeniable. Mr. Penske - well known American personality and businessman - used to say, win on Sunday, sell on Monday, and that man knows one or two things about it.

6 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel is there to make Stroll Jnr look good

The exact OPPOSITE - Stroll Jnr WILL lift Vettel.
Things bein consistent The MULTI WDC Vettel  HAS gone off the boil in recent years.
U R only as good as UR competition.
If Vettel NEEDS 2 raise his game  2 beat Stroll Jnr.
It IS a win-win situation 4 AM.  The required motivation 4 Vettel 2 raise HIS game and perform 4 AM.
OR Stroll Jnr takes the fight 2 Vettel > EXCEEDIN the multi WDC 4 AM.
AM R in the news WHATEVER the outcome.

6 hours ago, Sakae said:

used to say, win on Sunday, sell on Monday, and that man knows one or two things about it.

I respectfully DISAGREE.  It IS about the LONG game .  NEED 2 KEEP winnin on Sunday 2 KEEP sellin on Monday.
That idea IS only applicable IF ONLY wish 2 sell on Monday.
In the real world, the Skoda brand STILL remains WITHOUT winnin - EVER.

On 6/11/2021 at 1:33 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

Nice to read Szafnauer Nice to read...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/777407/Szafnauer_Vettel_has_expanded_the_way_we_do_things/

and praising Lance inbetween

a little bit of added info, in parts

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/777527/Szafnauer_reveals_how_Vettel_has_changed_Aston_Martin/

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

You did not elaborate?

I hope you're not alluding to the rumours that Vettel is there to make Stroll Jnr look good

No.

At the same time I can't deny That the strolls need him there to bring up the whole team to a point where it benefits them.

If u ask me..Vettel is brought in:

~for the experience he brings to the table for being a 4 time champion. To inject some of that champion mentality to an already smart group of engineers and staff who can outperform the heavyweights. And if some of that fuel can be thrown on fire that is surrounding a huge pile of dry wood, we'll be it.

~For having driven with a well crafted team such as Redbull, that to date, continues to perform on the highest level 15 odd years into a sport they took up as challenge, and excelled. The notion that Redbull is a 'fizzy drinks' company, in naive. What they do on track is absolutely brilliant race after race, year after year. Unfortunate for them the new regs had Merc walk away with it.

~For having worked with a genius that is Adrian Newey, who's understanding and perception of the physics of a racing, is in itself a case study.

----------

The question of why they need Vettels presence can be looked at for more than just a few angles. There is an obvious stroll angle that you can't deny.

Date 2021.06.13   Time 10:50 (UTC)

Berger continues to write Vettel off, that is, he thinks Seb is on decline. Gerhard knows more about racing than I do, so I have no counter-intelligent argument to lay down. I just hope Berger is mistaken.  Age of 33 in F1 is not that old, and despite Sebastian's difficulties in recent times, I think it will depends how much he can reconstitute his fighting spirit. I am hopeful.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.06.13   Time 10:50 (UTC)

Berger continues to write Vettel off, that is, he thinks Seb is on decline. Gerhard knows more about racing than I do, so I have no counter-intelligent argument to lay down. I just hope Berger is mistaken.  Age of 33 in F1 is not that old, and despite Sebastian's difficulties in recent times, I think it will depends how much he can reconstitute his fighting spirit. I am hopeful.

I've read that. How will he ever know? Vettel  is'nt in a frontrunning car to make such assumptions. Absurd

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel  is'nt in a frontrunning car

Hard to completely agree with Berger given what we saw in Monaco and baku, but yes he is entitled to his fair share of opinions considering Vettels performance outside just these 2 races.

That car, is not too far behind on overall race pace to be honest, infact it could be said that it is a tad better than most on race pace. They are definitely in the mix with McLaren's and the Ferrari's on race pace, if the last 2 races are anything to go by.

Vettel seems to be rejuvenated with the overall mechanical grip he is feeling out of the car, u can clearly see that in his car control at Baku. His confidence in that car has added that extra pinch of performance.

58 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

Vettel seems to be rejuvenated with the overall mechanical grip he is feeling out of the car, u can clearly see that in his car control at Baku. His confidence in that car has added that extra pinch of performance.

+1

Date 2021.06.14   Time 6:25 (UTC)

Mazepin:

"Of the drivers I have seen, I have very good relationships with all of them. I would especially point out the older generation such as Alonso and Vettel. Very nice men.

Well, when all fails, maybe Seb has future left on that team. 😇 

40 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.06.14   Time 6:25 (UTC)

Mazepin:

Well, when all fails, maybe Seb has future left on that team. 😇 

Oh wow... that was so totally...unexpected 🤣🤣🤣

I think it's a perfect fit for Seb at this time careerwise.. "“That’s the thinking we used for 2021 and Sebastian fit the mould. We managed to persuade Sebastian this would be the right place for him to continue his career." We got the impression it was one-way request from Seb, this says otherwise...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/778199/How_Hill_played_a_big_part_in_Vettel8217s_Aston_Martin_signing/

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think it's a perfect fit for Seb at this time careerwise.. "“That’s the thinking we used for 2021 and Sebastian fit the mould. We managed to persuade Sebastian this would be the right place for him to continue his career." We got the impression it was one-way request from Seb, this says otherwise...

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/778199/How_Hill_played_a_big_part_in_Vettel8217s_Aston_Martin_signing/

Will Seb stay another 5 years i) with AM, ii) in F1 to have a car capable (maybe) to win WDC?

On 2021.06.17 9:14 (UTC)

Aston Martin pinch new Engineering Director from Alfa Romeo

Hum, hum, Ok.

For some reason my heart would beat on higher frequency if the headline would rather read as follows:

Aston Martin pinch new Engineering Director together with A. Newey from RBR.

Luca Furbatto. He can be a valuable asset. AR has been performing well these last few seasons, except last year of course. a Look at the improvement this year again might be a positive. I wish him luck and success

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.17 9:14 (UTC)

Hum, hum, Ok.

For some reason my heart would beat on higher frequency if the headline would rather read as follows:

I hear what you saying, more major signings expected. Let's see

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

.... pinch new Engineering Director together with A. Newey from RBR.

A.Newey IS yesterday`s news
The current regs HAVE made aero yesterday`s focus.
With Hamilton as the piolet.
Modern F1 IS about the PU

On 6/12/2021 at 8:30 PM, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm thinking they brought Vettel in to move the team forward

U do 2 MUCH thinkin - bet NOBODY has EVER said that about  B4

8 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

A.Newey IS yesterday`s news
The current regs HAVE made aero yesterday`s focus.
With Hamilton as the piolet.
Modern F1 IS about the PU

On 2021.06.18 4:51 (UTC)

Until downforce and front wing stop being a subject fo daily discussion, people with Ph.D in aero engineering have job in the F1. Turbulence caused by various aero parts is tied to lack of overtaking. You may call it "whatever", but I say that "whatever" never went away, and it is still with us. Newey knows about "whatever" a thing or two, which is why he could be a good voice to have on the team. If you don't want him, I take him. 

57 minutes ago, Sakae said:

If you don't want him, I take him

It is NOT a raffle.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

people with Ph.D in aero engineering have job in the F1

Tea-boy IS a job in F1 - Ph.D NOT needed 4 THAT role

1 hour ago, lipstick79 said:

It is NOT a raffle.

Tea-boy IS a job in F1 - Ph.D NOT needed 4 THAT role

You don't know much about complexities of aerodynamic engineering, do you?

I really hope that AMR has not run those lower pressure as accused of. I know it's practise, I know Vettel hit the barrier, but being down in P14-15 does'nt bode well for the race, especially as the track is "supposed" to suit them