Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR22)

3 minutes ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.18 14:08 (UTC)

Friday after FP2 in a word, ouch.

I see them really at where u were predicting Sakae..... P8-P9

They do ran heavier fuel loads during practise, hope that is the case

On 2021.06.18 14:46 (UTC)

AM:

A busy day behind us, a busy evening ahead. We've got some work to do before qualifying tomorrow.

For once, just once I would like to hear Friday evening, we are  ready for qualifying, and this evening we will have nice cold beer. That's the only job ahead for us left today.

43 minutes ago, Sakae said:

and this evening we will have nice cold beer

I don't think any of the team's sit on their laurels of a Friday gone by to take a beer break,,, in the run to earn a champagne on Sunday..

Vettel and AM seem to be jelling well towards setting up the car for Sunday... At least they did in the last 2 races, so they seem to be up to the challenge so far.

29 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I don't think any of the team's sit on their laurels of a Friday gone by to take a beer break,,, in the run to earn a champagne on Sunday..

Vettel and AM seem to be jelling well towards setting up the car for Sunday... At least they did in the last 2 races, so they seem to be up to the challenge so far.

Yes, they don't show much in Friday practise. It will be interesting to read the press releases. Seb concenrrated on feel almost through all the Practise  sessions in Baku.. He also spun so I hope they gathered some useful information as Stroll jnr. did some race miles with the other car.

Alpine doing really well. I'm happy fir them. It also seems Alinso is now getting back up to speed. AR  also hace a quick car. Both Kimi and Gio perfiomed well. Hope they do great in the race and score more points. They need it

Pls open the circuit thread pls sir

Brad, in my recollection he has always done it, that is, work on race setup optimisation in preference to shine on Saturday. At RB he was that good on both days, however today I would like to see better placings through the weekend. P15 which is where he is so often these days, to make long story short, simply makes me nervous. Staying in P15 after as many races is not what I would call progress. I do not expect P1 (yet), but P8 or thereabout would be nice.

14 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Brad, in my recollection he has always done it, that is, work on race setup optimisation in preference to shine on Saturday. At RB he was that good on both days, however today I would like to see better placings through the weekend. P15 which is where he is so often these days, to make long story short, simply makes me nervous. Staying in P15 after as many races is not what I would call progress. I do not expect P1 (yet), but P8 or thereabout would be nice.

We can only hope.

According to Seb...

https://www.pitpass.com/69978/French-GP-Practice-team-notes-Aston-Martin

This tells a more revealing story Sakae...

Driver Average lap time long run Tyre 
Valtteri Bottas 1:37.380 Medium
Max Verstappen 1:37.825 Medium
Lewis Hamilton 1:38.040 Medium
Sergio Perez 1:38.647 Medium
Esteban Ocon 1:38.976 Medium
Sebastian Vettel 1:39.413 Medium
Lance Stroll 1:39.743 Medium
Daniel Ricciardo 1:39.668 Soft
Lando Norris 1:39.940 Soft

Sector times

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/86848/long-run-analysis-incredibly-close-at-the-top-honda-could-find-overnight-gains.html

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

You don't know much about complexities of aerodynamic engineering, do you?

Sakae IS that a rhetorical question ? 
Technicalities R soo cool they rule

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Alpine doing really well. I'm happy fir them. It also seems Alinso is now getting back up to speed.

You never know.. they have shown a glimmering form on Fridays while other were looking for gains to be made on the race day..

Alonso seems to be playing the catch up game against his teammate, somehow yet a point ahead of him at this juncture.. 

And Alpine seem to be pushing hard against their luck considering they have the fourt best PU on the grid..

But his recollection of the lap is pretty remarkable. He remembers every little detail of every little corner.

“It’s probably the most detail that I’ve heard from a driver so in that regard we do get a little bit more detail from Seb than we have in the past with the drivers.

Also, every little aspect of the car, the powertrain, ergonomics – all that stuff he brings up and we work on fixing it.

That's Seb for ya...

https://the-race.com/formula-1/vettels-remarkable-memory-has-made-aston-martin-f1-debriefs-longer/

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

But his recollection of the lap is pretty remarkable. He remembers every little detail of every little corner.

“It’s probably the most detail that I’ve heard from a driver so in that regard we do get a little bit more detail from Seb than we have in the past with the drivers.

“Also, every little aspect of the car, the powertrain, ergonomics – all that stuff he brings up and we work on fixing it.”

That's Seb for ya...

https://the-race.com/formula-1/vettels-remarkable-memory-has-made-aston-martin-f1-debriefs-longer/

One of the UK based website made fun of it and termed as longwinded Vettel. Basically shot it down as "unnecessary". I was lacking understanding why they would say that, since intended audience of such feedback seems receptive to it. I cannot recall what Ferrari said about it, if anything. RBR, like AM, was also OK with it.

Just now, Sakae said:

One of the UK based website made fun of it and termed as longwinded Vettel. Basically shot it down as "unnecessary". I was lacking understanding why they would say that, since intended audience of such feedback seems receptive to it. I cannot recall what Ferrari said about it, if anything. RBR, like AM, was also OK with it.

Is'nt that what you want from a driver. I fail to understand the negativity around it. 

I mean... Case in point... AM. Which begs the q. What went on at Ferrari???

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Is'nt that what you want from a driver. I fail to understand the negativity around it. 

I mean... Case in point... AM. Which begs the q. What went on at Ferrari???

Short answer, as in previous post, I don't really know.

What I do recollect is in one of his statements Sergio Marchionne (or was it one of TP?) said, that Vettel should concentrate on his driving and let car development to engineers. I gather that set the tone. Certainly different when Schumacher was there. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Short answer, as in previous post, I don't really know.

What I do recollect is in one of his statements Sergio Marchionne (or was it one of TP?) said, that Vettel should concentrate on his driving and let car development to engineers. I gather that set the tone. Certainly different when Schumacher was there. 

Yessss... I remember that

On 2021.06.25 18:31 (UTC)

Aston Martin has been warned by F1 rival Red Bull it will have to wait until 2023 to land its new technical director. 

I don't wish to be vulgar, but this is BS. As of this moment, he is not of use to RBR. I would put him on gardening leave with immediate effect until Dec 31, and that's that. Nothing more.

10 minutes ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.06.25 18:31 (UTC)

I don't wish to be vulgar, but this is BS. As of this moment, he is not of use to RBR. I would put him on gardening leave with immediate effect until Dec 31, and that's that. Nothing more.

just being spiteful

On 6/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, Sakae said:

Staying in P15 after as many races is not what I would call progress

I respectfully DISAGREE
2 finish first, first U MUST finish.
Finishin in P15 IS showin stability.
Which IS progress.  Just need 2 make the next step now.
Aimin 4 the top 10, then ...

15 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

some some signs pointing in the right direction

Slippery when wet, is THAT the sign ?

But the regs R changin AGAIN 4 next year.
So those signs R NOT consistent.

3 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

I respectfully DISAGREE
2 finish first, first U MUST finish.
Finishin in P15 IS showin stability.
Which IS progress.  Just need 2 make the next step now.
Aimin 4 the top 10, then ...

On 2021.07.01 14:45 (UTC)

AM didn't have any serious problems to finish races, so I am lost over your position on this subject.

Progress ----> Intransitive verb: to move forward : PROCEED

By definition then, dwelling on the same spot (P-something at the back) is not a move forward. I would be speaking about progress, if Vettel and AM regularly finished every race somewhat better than the previous race. At this stage, Vettel should be in P4 - P7 range. That's my expectation, however instead, it is big fat FAIL  As stated the other day, Sebastian had some sort of minor success on city street circuits, but was very weak on the Austrian speed track. 

I do not expect from next race any miracles, unless AM mounts some good upgrades. Why Stroll is liking the car, and Vettel is not, that is an unanswered question.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

AM didn't have any serious problems to finish races, so I am lost over your position on this subject.

AM is a NEW team, rebranded racing point.
Stability IS required.  Keepin awareness of the AM brand.
B4 the next step, which WILL include performance & speed

They need to change the colour back to pink..

They had an aerodynamic advantage with a 'lighter' colour.

😂