Clicky

Jump to content
Sakae

Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR21)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, blackpebel said:

 

They had an aerodynamic advantage with a 'lighter' colour.

wait has nothin 2 do with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

wait has nothin 2 do with it

If you wish to, Please quote me correctly .. here ill include the laughing symbol again on my quote with an increased font, so it can be established clearly that it was Joke 😜

6 hours ago, blackpebel said:

They had an aerodynamic advantage with a 'lighter' colour.

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2021.07.02 15:31 (UTC)

In FP 1 - Austria

Quote

image.thumb.png.61f8056429998f8a305ac5f78a7f8a33.png

A picture worth ten thousand words. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Just NOT a funny 1

Yeah, Maybe coz I chose to crack a 'light' one.

You see, dark jokes are like food, not everyone gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2021.07.06 15:24 (UTC)

Quote

The team is aiming to almost double its workforce over the next few months. Team principal Szafnauer said: “In the short term, we are growing.

"We’ve grown from 405 people, we’re almost at 550 now, and we’ve got plans to grow to above 750.

“We need to add another 200, maybe even 250. We’ve added 150, so we're growing and we’ve got to grow with like-minded individuals and people who can help the already great group of people we have.

That's an impactful change. Under budgetary reductions, several teams will go through staff reduction, consequently people with F1 experience should be available for hire. Challenge for AM is filtering those people who have experience that is needed, and are they monozukuri oriented. Resources built up is a step forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sakae said:

On 2021.07.06 15:24 (UTC)

That's an impactful change. Under budgetary reductions, several teams will go through staff reduction, consequently people with F1 experience should be available for hire. Challenge for AM is filtering those people who have experience that is needed, and are they monozukuri oriented. Resources built up is a step forward.

So true

They CAN grow too fast too soon. There are pro's and cons, they need to be careful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2021.07.14 6:01 (UTC)

I am sorry Brad, but I take a slightly different point of view. I perceive Mr. Stroll as a man who is not experienced in science of engineering and F1 style racing, therefore consequently he seems to be running from one extreme statement to another, making rather dubious claims. First, drunk with success last year he set his sight on the bar for this year which did not made much sense. Today, just a few months later, top podium is for him 5 years away. I think he was wrong then, and he is most likely wrong now. 

5 years for development is period often quoted (parrotted) for new entrants into a sport who are in proverbial sq 1, trying to settled in. Brown made similar statements, but Seidl apparently had different ideas, and it pays off. 

AM is not a new entrant by any standard, and considering where they were last year, despite this year is a lost opportunity, recovery should be on the way. There are regulatory changes coming next year, and AM should be able to mingle with Mercedes power plant in top 5 group on regular basis, and win here and there. In 5 years - who knows what will happen. Each team has their own idiosyncrasy which could be exasperated by forthcoming changes to some, yet offering unexpected opportunity for someone else.  I think F1 mindset aims must be planning for wins not 5 years from now, but by next race, and one after that, and so on. That's the only way to live in this business. Just execute next race slightly better than in the previous one. That's a slope of progression which would make sense to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2021 at 3:01 AM, BradSpeedMan said:

They CAN grow too fast too soon.

Whilst this IS true.  The opposite is also TRUE - They CAN grow too slowly.
Though slow progress is STILL progress.
R AM actually makin ANY progress?  Well that IS a given, whilst ever IN F1
Brand awareness IS achieved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2021.08.15 22:20 CEST

Quote

Aston Martin team principal Otmar Szafnauer has insisted Sebastian Vettel is "enjoying racing again".

Vettel endured a difficult end to his Ferrari career as he and Charles Leclerc struggled to the Scuderia's worst campaign since 1980 last term.

Sounds good (if true). 40 years...and everyone is still there? Ferrari is sometimes very forgiving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sakae said:

Ferrari is sometimes very forgiving

In turn:

Ferrari is sometimes very unforgiving

Remember, for EVERY action.  There IS an equal and opposite reaction.
A coin is either heads or tails.
U R either right or wrong.
The light is either on or off.
...
...

I have never known anybody 2 B half pregnant.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2021.08.21 18:19 CEST

Words and realities.

Jost has expertise, integrity, and he doesn't say much, but when he speaks, I tend to listen. He seems more grounded than people of AM, and unfortunately for Seb, he might be destined to struggle for rest of his career (unless he moves again). I thought initially 3 years should be enough to enter fight for podium on merit, but now I am not sure anymore. Specs are changing, rules are changing, so we will have to wait. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Sakae said:

but now I am not sure anymore

Is this code for, AM R doin a RedBull WITHOUT A.Newey to deliver.
Doin the marketin 2 raise awareness 2 the brand.  Without a successful designer 4 
the brand 2 deliver.
It makes me think, where is the next A.Newey goin 2 come from?
A.Newey delivered the goods for Williams.  Then went 2 Mclaren.
Delivered the goods 4 them until a disagreement with Ron.  Who said if U think
U can make it work, off U go then and do it - So Newey DID got the Red Bull money.
Seb ruled the world.  Ron & Mclaren talked nicely 2 Honda bringin them back.
The reunited Mclaren Honda project failed 2 deliver.  RedBull said we will have some of that.
F1 NEEDS teams.  NOT just manufacturers.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Is this code for, AM R doin a RedBull WITHOUT A.Newey to deliver.
Doin the marketin 2 raise awareness 2 the brand.  Without a successful designer 4 
the brand 2 deliver.
It makes me think, where is the next A.Newey goin 2 come from?
A.Newey delivered the goods for Williams.  Then went 2 Mclaren.
Delivered the goods 4 them until a disagreement with Ron.  Who said if U think
U can make it work, off U go then and do it - So Newey DID got the Red Bull money.
Seb ruled the world.  Ron & Mclaren talked nicely 2 Honda bringin them back.
The reunited Mclaren Honda project failed 2 deliver.  RedBull said we will have some of that.
F1 NEEDS teams.  NOT just manufacturers.



 

I have different vision from you how a technology series should be organised and function. None of the stuff you cherish that much, I despise advertising manipulations and lies/misrepresentation. I have zero tolerance and respect for PR departments (over)selling flawed concepts, and covering up bad manners. In my world products and people need to speak that language through quality, access, affordability and usefulness.

This is as much time I wish to spend on that subject.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

This is as much time I wish to spend on that subject

= head IN the sand.
It did NOT address the question of the post.
Without TEAMS, where IS the next A.Newey gonna come from?

Manufactures want 2 sell MORE units/cars.
Independents DON`T have the funds 2 enter.
Cosworth HAVE ideas/concepts but do NOT have a team.
What team IS willin 2 risk it, and go with Cosworth?
A team WITHOUT a manufacturer - that team does NOT exist.
Cosworth WOULD then B seen 2 the WORLD.
It IS the chicken & egg situation allover.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

D/T 2021.08.25 14:17 CEST

If Daimler will increase their ownership share of AM to 20% (their man is now firmly at the CEO helm), several outcomes might be in the offing. Firstly, Mercedes don't do random. There is always large objective, and my guess is most likely full ownership of AM sooner or later. AM could serve as complement to the brilliant AMG line. AM could be also spruced up, so it looks like a car which can appeal to some buyers. I guess not too many are selling right now when a better alternative is available. (Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear once drove one, and he was grumbling in pain about - well - everything, including getting in and out of that James Bond contraption.)

Question on my mind is, what happened to F1 competitiveness? RBR and Minardi was bad enough, so I thought, and now MB and AM sleeping together? The situation might in the background solve some problems, but creates new ones, and perhaps just as serious. But then, maybe I am wrong, and latest generation will respond, who cares about those things? If you don't like it, go away; problem solved.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sakae said:

D/T 2021.08.25 14:17 CEST

If Daimler will increase their ownership share of AM to 20% (their man is now firmly at the CEO helm), several outcomes might be in the offing. Firstly, Mercedes don't do random. There is always large objective, and my guess is most likely full ownership of AM sooner or later. AM could serve as complement to the brilliant AMG line. AM could be also spruced up, so it looks like a car which can appeal to some buyers. I guess not too many are selling right now when a better alternative is available. (Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear once drove one, and he was grumbling in pain about - well - everything, including getting in and out of that James Bond contraption.)

Question on my mind is, what happened to F1 competitiveness? RBR and Minardi was bad enough, so I thought, and now MB and AM sleeping together? The situation might in the background solve some problems, but creates new ones, and perhaps just as serious. But then, maybe I am wrong, and latest generation will respond, who cares about those things? If you don't like it, go away; problem solved.  

I certainly hope you are correct here. What you're suggesting is certainly viable... and as it seems with Wolff and Stroll being cleared with inside trading s##t... opens the door to many possibilities

On the recruitment side, should AM not concentrate on bolstering the technical and engineering staff instead of Chief Operations Director and now latest HR Specialist. I know they have done a few, with RBR aero guy only arriving 2023. WTH? Is the new Engineering Director even good. As Szafnauer states, they doing "classic Poaching". Whatever that means... Well, I hope they're recruiting the right staff

Anyway, the list grows...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...