Clicky

Jump to content
Sakae

Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team (AMR21)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Vettel hired to make Lance Stroll look better

Adding insult to the injury comes to mind...

I highly doubt it. Things just did'nt fall in place for Seb with AM move. He should just do his best and help push the team forward. It is what it is.

The last bit I'm more inetrested in... Maybe we should believe Seb

"It is difficult when we change teams," Vettel added. "I feel like I have to wait for things to fall into place - I have to put all the pieces of the puzzle together. "In my opinion, it will already be much better in a few races." As for all the current criticism of his form, Vettel responded: "Sometimes it is justified, sometimes it's not. "But to be honest, it doesn't really matter to me what people on the outside think. What I do expect is a sincere opinion from the team, and if that is criticism, I must accept it and do my best to change it," he added."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's hope new upgrade for him will yield a better race in Spain. I wonder if both drivers have the same, or different development. If Vettel's upgrade was more complex, that could explain why it wasn't ready for last race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Let's hope new upgrade for him will yield a better race in Spain. I wonder if both drivers have the same, or different development. If Vettel's upgrade was more complex, that could explain why it wasn't ready for last race.

I think Seb was kept informed, and told in advance. That's why he had no problem with it. The new floor for Seb is designed to bring more stability to the rear. Hope it really helps. I don't view it as a miracle solution tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think Seb was kept informed, and told in advance. That's why he had no problem with it. The new floor for Seb is designed to bring more stability to the rear. Hope it really helps. I don't view it as a miracle solution tho

Yes, that's my understanding as well. My question however was about difference between two upgrades, since both drivers have slightly different driving styles. On engine side I am not sure what AM ordered from MB. There are several versions of MB engine teams can purchase at different pricing levels. Both drivers complained they did not have speed, but I am not sure causes were engine or aero (maybe both) related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Yes, that's my understanding as well. My question however was about difference between two upgrades, since both drivers have slightly different driving styles. On engine side I am not sure what AM ordered from MB. There are several versions of MB engine teams can purchase at different pricing levels. Both drivers complained they did not have speed, but I am not sure causes were engine or aero (maybe both) related.

Great info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Noted: after first three race AM stands as constructor in P7.  I am not particularly proud I've predicted low standing, but they have precious little time to make any significant changes on the car for next race. I wonder what Mr. Stroll Sr. thinks about all of this. Well, he has hired iconic PR man (despite my hope for engineering staff), so he had probably bad feelings in his bones. The thing is, I haven't heard from the PR man lately; is he in hiding? Where is iconic James Bond when you need one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Former Mercedes motorsport chief Norbert Haug thinks Sebastian Vettel “set his mind” at Portimao and sees another step coming in Spain.

The four-time former World Champion has not had the easiest of starts to life at Aston Martin, but finally we saw a flash of the real Vettel at the Portuguese Grand Prix.

The German racer reached Q3, ending a 15-race streak since his last appearance, and although Vettel sunk back down the order on race day Aston Martin have since confirmed it was due to Vettel not using their upgraded aero package.

Yea, I thought the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.07   Time 10:56 (UTC)

Aston Martin ‘demoralised’ under Stroll reign

I would not be surprised. Engineering is a funny volition in some respect. I am sure guys were working at the limit of exhaustion, and to crack whip and tell them think faster, work longer, and without mistakes...

That's not how it works in real life. You can tell your sales guy in lingerie store to get hair cut, but kick around engineers is a different ball game.

The article describes toxicity within a team. Is it true? I cannot tell, but one thing is certain - based on fact how far they felt after last year results, at AM pressure is ON, big way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.09   Time 15:09 (UTC)

They say, time heals everything. I am waiting when that much needed healing begins. It was paintful today. There is not much hope left for Sebastian as a driver, in his place of work.

Working upgrades facilitated improvement from usual P15 advancing to P12? That's just great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

They say, time heals everything

But for a rash, I WOULD suggest usin ointment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sakae said:

I had something totally different on my mind

Simple things please simple minds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Aston Martin are having a tough season but there was something to celebrate on Sunday in Barcelona. It was Aston Martin's pit crew who secured the fastest pit stop of the weekend, changing Lance Stroll's four tyres in 2.16 seconds. 

Date 2021.05.10   Time 6:55 (UTC)

Good for AM! At least one of their drivers is being consistently served well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.10   Time 16:23 (UTC)

One has to really search bottom of sport pages, or even further back to find anything written about AM this time of the racing season. Maybe some people forgot this is basically the old Force India team which got a new paint job, and hard to justify superlative headlines. 

Whilst it is true that in last race top spots are being occupied by teams having their own PU sources, it is also true that McLaren is 5 positions ahead of AM having the same brand of PU. It seems as AM needs to pull socks in floor/aero departments (before we replace drivers). In Portugal I thought, admittedly foolishly, that things are begging to move into right direction, but after last race I am inclined to accept, that this year AM is done with racing. Just muddle through, and pretending we love it so much...

 The only remining news to be yet announced who is staying, and who is leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sakae said:

top spots are being occupied by teams having their own PU sources

Ron Dennis used 2 say have 2 B a works team 2 win in F1.  That`s Y he brought Honda BACK.  For the failed Mclaren Honda project.
Which RedBull picked up, and R NOW lookin 2 develop their OWN power train.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.10   Time 18:50 (UTC)

MB purchased F1 engine outfit, however they also have their own vast experience in building powerful engines for road cars and other sporting series, which spans about last 100 years.

RB has experience with mixing drink known as Red Bull.

Build you own engines, and especially hybrids is the answer? Anyone who thinks building engines is a piece of cake might find big surprise under the rainbow before this is over. I don't want to sound negative over their decision, but I remain sceptical. Staying with Alpine was IMHO a wiser decision. Having in-house bunch of Honda guys is one thing, but what they have done here is difficult to understand accurately from outside. They hired some Japanese personnel of Honda, but it is not clear where maintenance ends, and improvements continue. It is an experiment which could go either way, and sometimes it is more intriguing for me, than the race itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sebastian Vettel's problem

Date 2021.05.11   Time 14:54 (UTC)

Quote

Joining Aston Martin wasn’t a mistake for Sebastian Vettel, says Marc Surer, he just didn’t consider that pre-2020 the team had only ever designed “mediocre cars”.

Thank you Marc Surer for speaking up.

That's what I thought as well. All that "iconic" nonsense was worthless, short lived promotional campaign, until we realised that Emperor has no cloths. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian Vettel's problem

Date 2021.05.11   Time 14:54 (UTC)

Thank you Marc Surer for speaking up.

That's what I thought as well. All that "iconic" nonsense was worthless, short lived promotional campaign, until we realised that Emperor has no cloths. 

 

Yeahhhhh... HowsThat!

“He will come out of the low. The future looks bright.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

“The future looks bright.”

Seb is not going to convert the car into a podium contender. It's a dud this year, and in terms of future..? Who's coming to make it right?

Date 2021.05.12   Time 7:37 (UTC)

Crash:

Quote

Sebastian Vettel admits his 13th place finish in the Spanish Grand Prix is simply a true representation of Aston Martin’s level of performance currently in Formula 1.

Hard to argue with that assessment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.13   Time 6:11 (UTC)

In retrospect one wonders whether Dr. Marko was right all along when he advised Sebastian to take a year sabbatical, or retire, but pass on AM. G. Berger was telling him the same. Point is, both gents know Seb very well on and off the track, genuinely like him, and their counsel was meant we'll for him. Instead, Seb got suck up into false flag PR, and now will pay hefty price.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Date 2021.05.13   Time 6:11 (UTC)

In retrospect one wonders whether Dr. Marko was right all along when he advised Sebastian to take a year sabbatical, or retire, but pass on AM. G. Berger was telling him the same. Point is, both gents know Seb very well on and off the track, genuinely like him, and their counsel was meant we'll for him. Instead, Seb got suck up into false flag PR, and now will pay hefty price.  

I honestly think things will turn around for AM. They are not a huge team, but they have competent engineers and designers. Stroll snr needs to stay out!!! It was through him they copied the Merc car. The engineers had other ideas, but were'nt listened to. From high-rake to low-rake drama.

They will fit in well with the budget cap. Seb needs to stick it out till then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I honestly think things will turn around for AM. They are not a huge team, but they have competent engineers and designers. Stroll snr needs to stay out!!! It was through him they copied the Merc car. The engineers had other ideas, but were'nt listened to. From high-rake to low-rake drama.

They will fit in well with the budget cap. Seb needs to stick it out till then.

Seb might not have any other good options. Two top teams are full, so he is in with AM until the end. He is stuck.

I would like to believe what you are saying Brad, but deep down doubts persist. Put it differently, I don't believe in miracles, just as lack of trust that the owner will stay out of micromanaging team, especially when his advisor is his own son. Stroll Sr. plays Marchionne, but as bad as that was, at least Sergio was working in automotive. Mr. Stroll works selling women lingerie. Similarities are well defined, that is, there are none.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Seb might not have any other good options. Two top teams are full, so he is in with AM until the end. He is stuck.

I would like to believe what you are saying Brad, but deep down doubts persist. Put it differently, I don't believe in miracles, just as lack of trust that the owner will stay out of micromanaging team, especially when his advisor is his own son. Stroll Sr. plays Marchionne, but as bad as that was, at least Sergio was working in automotive. Mr. Stroll works selling women lingerie. Similarities are well defined, that is, there are none.

We can't expect miracles from Seb either , is all I'm saying. Further more developments and we're in the top 10. Then work upwards again

I'm happy to still see him on the grid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

We can't expect miracles from Seb either , is all I'm saying. Further more developments and we're in the top 10. Then work upwards again

I'm happy to still see him on the grid.

You have a point, which actually tears me apart. Like you, I am (rather selfishly) happy to continue and follow his racing, yet on the other side, I am not sure whether he deserves the toxic commentaries on sidelines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date 2021.05.13   Time 10:10 (UTC)

Crash

Vettel commented after race:

Quote

“A couple of tenths and a couple of starting positions can make a difference, so unfortunately, there wasn’t really a gap or a window for us [in Spain]. I need to have a look.

“Obviously we lost a bit of time in the first pitstop, and we were early for the second round, I was stuck behind the Alfa and then burned the tyres. So that was pretty much our race.”

What's going on with those people? Slow pitstop for him (fastest for his teammate), and lousy strategy. Repeated theme.

Iconic - my foot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...