Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thetruth34

Remember when F1 was a global phenomenon?

Remember the early 2000s?

The best driver was winning all the titles

The cars looked and sounded better. 

The French, Germans, and Italians were fairly represented and the sport was influenced less by British and American interests. 

It was a sport back then. Now it's just a show. 

Sad times. 

Maybe we need a new GP association based on the continent with new faces in the wheel house? :mellow:

Joking aside, I do not know how to secure future of current F1 (if there is one), but I also feel that F1 management could use some fresh blood and thinking. I am not that impressed with majority of principle actors in leading positions.   

It was a sport back then. Now it's just a show

Unfortunately that's my feeling as well.

As much as I am not a fan of media, I do however understand one of their problems - having access. Many years ago someone noted, that too much of critique of F1, justified or not, may end up with a person loosing media pit-pass, and then what... This of course consequently ends up with unhealthy situation.

Having said that, and what is inexcusable, a lot of tongue lashing some drivers are/were receiving (Vettel, Grosjean), often were really off mark IMO. One can say that based on comments made on the spot without hesitation, without having shred of data, or taking a minute or two for situational analysis, and so on. A lot of nationalism is unfortunately increasingly creeping in, what is suppose to be global sport. Similar incidents drew different tone from the same commentators for different drivers. 

I think a lot of the changes being made from 2022 should help bring back some better racing. And hopefully engine output will not be such a huge determining factor (Just Hoping)

This new Hybrid Era was such a farce, prior to which it seemed to be ok.

Remember when F1 was a global phenomenon?
> That were about the SAME time,  The Spice Girls WERE  
a GLOBAL phenomenon
Is there ANY pride IN rememberin when ? !!

9 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Is there ANY pride IN rememberin when ? !!

Ooh  Aah Just a little bit