Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Bahrain 2021

Bottas highlights Mercedes struggles: It's undriveable

Thank you Mr. Allison for best gift this week.

With Mad Max and Red Bull toppin / strong times.
Mclaren have gone 360 dumpin Honda works to returnin as a Mercedes customer, via Renault and Alonso. 
With a defuser cheekily integrated into the floor. 
Sunday WILL show if they made a good choice or not.
The Mclaren bank balance IS definitely missin Honda.
With the return of FANS gettin closer.  Will those fans B happy?
Lets get ready 4 Sunday`s action.  Startin with Saturday quali - R good times gonna return?

"Szafnauer says it is important for Aston Martin to get Vettel more comfortable behind the wheel of the AMR21 to allow the German to push harder, and the plan is to ensure he has a lot of track time on Saturday prior to qualifying.

The team will also be looking to find time on shorter runs, with their pace lacking compared to their rivals at this stage of the weekend.

“On Sebastian’s side, he had a disrupted test, so it was about getting him as much track time as possible today,” said Szafnauer.  “The more comfortable he is with the car, the more he can push. For Lance, it was a productive day and plenty of laps completed as we head into the weekend."

15 minutes in...#whereisvettel

Leclerc logged 7 laps, Vettel 4.  

I have to admit that I don't understand strategy AM is calling "Making Vettel Comfortable".

58 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Leclerc logged 7 laps, Vettel 4.  

I have to admit that I don't understand strategy AM is calling "Making Vettel Comfortable".

source pls. Why 4? There's deep problems then

"Box, box," cries Vettel as something falls off the front right of his Aston Martin."

Stroll is expecting this team to... fight for wins and..win championships.. like.. yesterday.. meanwhile, back at the Ranch

23 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

source pls. Why 7? There's deep problems then

I may have propagated wrong info due to being misled myself. Vettel logged 15 laps.

F1 news site listed Vettel under 4 laps at the end of practice. Prompted by your post, I went back, however unfortunately the page has been taken off and I cannot therefore recover information I quoted.

Nevermind.

I went therefore to other sites for confirmation, and to my surprise, they all are showing  completely different lap count. It seems to me therefore "F1 official" information website is not ready for the season it is in error, and has shown misleading information. They shown the same misleading count in previous practices.

They seems to do the same every year since they open for business. Just effing mess.   

9 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I may have propagated wrong info due to being misled myself. Vettel logged 15 laps.

F1 news site listed Vettel under 4 laps at the end of practice. Prompted by your post, I went back, however unfortunately the page has been taken off and I cannot therefore recover information I quoted.

Nevermind.

I went therefore to other sites for confirmation, and to my surprise, they all are showing  completely different lap count. It seems to me therefore "F1 official" information website is not ready for the season it is in error, and has shown misleading information. They shown the same misleading count in previous practices.

They seems to do the same every year since they open for business. Just effing mess.   

Thx for the effort. 15 laps, is only slightly better,. He went on a stint with hard tyres, then seem to disappear when something... from the front of car... fell off

WTF!

"Ocon and Stroll’s illustrious team-mates were down in the midfield, with Sebastian Vettel 14th and needing a spell in the garage after his Aston Martin struck debris, and Fernando Alonso 15th in the second Alpine."

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

WTF!

"Ocon and Stroll’s illustrious team-mates were down in the midfield, with Sebastian Vettel 14th and needing a spell in the garage after his Aston Martin struck debris, and Fernando Alonso 15th in the second Alpine."

From several comments by Vettel and his boss over period of several days its is clear to me, that whatever is wrong with a car (if anything), that is not the only problem. Sebastian is far apart from finding his sweet spot. He himself projected his struggles to continue for next several racing weekends.

This race is going to be a disaster for him. That's my feeling right now. 

Seb jumped into BMW, later into Torro Rosso, and drove away. This hybrid thing is not his thing, so it's seems, despite occasional coming close, but not totally to shine. 

21 minutes ago, Sakae said:

From several comments by Vettel and his boss over period of several days its is clear to me, that whatever is wrong with a car (if anything), that is not the only problem. Sebastian is far apart from finding his sweet spot. He himself projected his struggles to continue for next several racing weekends.

This race is going to be a disaster for him. That's my feeling right now. 

Seb jumped into BMW, later into Torro Rosso, and drove away. This hybrid thing is not his thing, so it's seems, despite occasional coming close, but not totally to shine. 

I don't know Sakae. Kimi drove for almost 2 decades, with various teams/engines. Seb has just encountered bad luck since he left RBR. 

Yuki...that's marvellous.

Mick - well, sad, but predictable.

Looks like Seb will have big opportunity to come from behind; really behind.

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

P18. Disaster

They should do something about this Mazepin guy, his spinning affects everyone else' laptimes

Go back a few posts - what did I tell you?

Unmitigated disaster for AM and Vettel.

Yuki is very good.

Alonso has not suffered shame.

Sainz is not too far off.

Perez is also not performing too bad, relatively speaking.

McLaren is good.

20 minutes ago, Sakae said:

McLaren is good

The Mclaren team ARE good
Though I AM confused by Perez P11 NOT in the top ten when, the sister car IS on pole.

Mercedes works P2 P3
Mclaren powered by Mercedes P6 P7

4 cars qualifyin in the top 9 R Mercedes power.
That is close 2 50% powered by Mercedes.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Looks like Seb will have big opportunity to come from behind; really behind.

That Russian guy really stuffed up his lap. Seb encountered 2 yellows flags and could'nt go flat.

I'm getting more angrier

MB is truly a remarkable team. From spin episodes to exceeding track limiits, from nervous handling car to P2 and P3. They almost took pole!!!

What will it take to beat them???

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Looks like Seb will have big opportunity to come from behind

Is that an euphemism ? lol, he is NOT used 2 bein at the back !! lol