Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Bahrain 2021

I am massively disappointed. No amount of excuses will make this atrocious start for Vettel any better.Had he ended close to Stroll, I would say Ok, he needs more track time in his new office, and there is hope for future, but what we have seen was unmitigated disaster. Is there any hope? What was that strategy all about? I think Seb choose it. He gets sometimes such crazy ideas. It didn't work. Alfa Romeo school Sebastian. 

Front - from hope to ditch. Honda must be crying their eyes out.

Yuki is a fantastic driver, and so is Perez. Both school Seb.

Mick - looks like Haas needs to have a look why their drivers are dancing on and off the track.

Ferrari is back.

I am not sure Bottas has any future with MB after this season.

9 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Are U are saying it's deliberate that MB allowed RB to secure pole, and maybe... win the race. Make the competition feel good... uknow.

I personally still think that they are toying with everyone just to not look too good. The last few laps of the race, It was quite evident that Lewis had enough Horse power / Fuel to keep ahead of Verstappen.

To help things, Lulu puts up an oscar winning performance to downplay their advantage.. he's a wily old fox...

6 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

I personally still think that they are toying with everyone just to not look too good. The last few laps of the race, It was quite evident that Lewis had enough Horse power / Fuel to keep ahead of Verstappen.

To help things, Lulu puts up an oscar winning performance to downplay their advantage.. he's a wily old fox...

How did they fix that car so quick? Are you saying include a theatrical performance in testing?

2 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

How did they fix that car so quick? Are you saying include a theatrical performance in testing?

More than fixing the car, I'm thinking its about turning the power back up,, for WHEN it is needed. Points are rewarded based on the where you finish at the chequered flag on the Final Lap of the race, NOT during Testing.

They won last season with a gap of 250 in constructors championship, there is not much wrong with the car that they want everyone to believe...

They just have to do a good job of showing how they are struggling against all odds to win what they are winning..

2 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

More than fixing the car, I'm thinking its about turning the power back up,, for WHEN it is needed. Points are rewarded based on the where you finish at the chequered flag on the Final Lap of the race, NOT during Testing.

They won last season with a gap of 250 in constructors championship, there is not much wrong with the car that they want everyone to believe...

They just have to do a good job of showing how they are struggling against all odds to win what they are winning..

I'm sorry bp, this sounds too much like a fairytale to me. I will stick with... How did they fix that car so quickly?

53 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm sorry bp, this sounds too much like a fairytale to me. I will stick with... How did they fix that car so quickly?

😆 Excatly MY point Brad.. people seriously have fallen for the misdirection layed down by Merc... people still believe that there was something wrong with the car during testing,,, right?

Based on your understanding of the situation, Merc have won the bluffing game, I must say that...

I will stick with... They did not HAVE anything in the car to fix.

16 minutes ago, blackpebel said:

😆 Excatly MY point Brad.. people seriously have fallen for the misdirection layed down by Merc... people still believe that there was something wrong with the car during testing,,, right?

Based on your understanding of the situation, Merc have won the bluffing game, I must say that...

I will stick with... They did not HAVE anything in the car to fix.

I choose the misdirection, better to hear it from experts themselves...

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-first-signs-that-mercedes-is-solving-its-main-weakness/

13 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I choose the misdirection, better to hear it from experts themselves...

https://the-race.com/formula-1/the-first-signs-that-mercedes-is-solving-its-main-weakness/

This is indeed a good article brad..

See, even if Merc is getting to grips with the changed regulations... If they have more power at disposal, they eventually have more downforce they can play with compared to others on race days or qualy...

So,, They are just showing everyone the challenge they are facing with the current Aero regulations with the High rake,, while still hiding the overall advantage/progress they hold everywhere else.. They are just showing people what THEY want everyone to see.. 

Either ways, I respect your choice.

5 hours ago, blackpebel said:

This is indeed a good article brad..

See, even if Merc is getting to grips with the changed regulations... If they have more power at disposal, they eventually have more downforce they can play with compared to others on race days or qualy...

So,, They are just showing everyone the challenge they are facing with the current Aero regulations with the High rake,, while still hiding the overall advantage/progress they hold everywhere else.. They are just showing people what THEY want everyone to see.. 

Either ways, I respect your choice.

Honestly, I think they had 2 floors "ready". The "updated, or secondary" one they tested during filming day after testing. It showed more promise. That's my gut feeling.

18 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Honestly, I think they had 2 floors "ready". The "updated, or secondary" one they tested during filming day after testing. It showed more promise. That's my gut.

Indeed, keep UR friends close BUT keep UR enemy's CLOSER

DON`T play UR cards until U need 2.

Then B shoootin star like - Across the midnight SKY

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

Indeed, keep UR friends close BUT keep UR enemy's CLOSER

DON`T play UR cards until U need 2.

Then B shoootin star like - Across the midnight SKY

Verstappen had the fastest car. They had a s##t race strategy. That's where MB outsmarted them.

Racing for first two positions made their fans, and fans of racing happy. Sort of, depends on which side of the fence one stood. For rest of us, there has to be another day, another hope. Big change after so many years of dry run. Teams are slowly catching up MB, and surely that has to be a good thing. 

I rate this 6 or 7 of 10, as 10 being very best, despite my obvious disappointments I've suffered in that race. I did not rated higher, because many cars aren't ready to race, but from a different point of view, it was not utterly bad.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Racing for first two positions made their fans, and fans of racing happy. Sort of, depends on which side of the fence one stood. For rest of us, there has to be another day, another hope. Big change after so many years of dry run. Teams are slowly catching up MB, and surely that has to be a good thing. 

I rate this 6 or 7 of 10, as 10 being very best, despite my obvious disappointments I've suffered in that race. I did not rated higher, because many cars aren't ready to race, but from a different point of view, it was not utterly bad.

Pity about Seb's mistake. Sudden loss of downforce with new car characteristics is certainly a problem. It will get better

3 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Sudden loss of downforce with new car characteristics is certainly a problem.

The incident was not due a sudden loss of downforce,, Twas human error..

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.vettel-says-he-couldnt-avoid-ocon-as-he-apologises-for-hitting-frenchman.3mFCrESxrFTawPsC6i8q7b.html

I guess Seb should be more humble in analyzing these situations, and his own mistakes, before he presses the radio button.

2 hours ago, blackpebel said:

The incident was not due a sudden loss of downforce,, Twas human error..

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.vettel-says-he-couldnt-avoid-ocon-as-he-apologises-for-hitting-frenchman.3mFCrESxrFTawPsC6i8q7b.html

I guess Seb should be more humble in analyzing these situations, and his own mistakes, before he presses the radio button.

Whether it was human error or not, he could'nt avoid Ocon. Explain what happened.

...Vettel struggled massively in Bahrain.

“I don’t feel at home in the car. Many things are fighting against me so that I cannot concentrate on the driving,” the 33-year-old told RTL after the 2021 season opener. “There are a lot of things that we have to take care of,” he added. “Some of the others were two seconds faster.”

After the ‘pink Mercedes’ controversy of last year and Sergio Perez’s victory in that car, many predicted that Vettel might even be a dark horse for a fifth title in 2021. “Theory is one thing, reality is another,” Alpha Tauri boss Tost told Sport1’s AvD Motor und Sport Magazin. “In reality, the car is not that good,” the Austrian charged. “It is very unstable at the rear end.”

However, Tost thinks Vettel still has time to work his way back up to his former speed. “With his experience, he can bring a team forward. He knows how to win races and world championships,” he said."

Not good

26 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

...Vettel struggled massively in Bahrain.

“I don’t feel at home in the car. Many things are fighting against me so that I cannot concentrate on the driving,” the 33-year-old told RTL after the 2021 season opener. “There are a lot of things that we have to take care of,” he added. “Some of the others were two seconds faster.”

After the ‘pink Mercedes’ controversy of last year and Sergio Perez’s victory in that car, many predicted that Vettel might even be a dark horse for a fifth title in 2021. “Theory is one thing, reality is another,” Alpha Tauri boss Tost told Sport1’s AvD Motor und Sport Magazin. “In reality, the car is not that good,” the Austrian charged. “It is very unstable at the rear end.”

However, Tost thinks Vettel still has time to work his way back up to his former speed. “With his experience, he can bring a team forward. He knows how to win races and world championships,” he said."

Not good

To state obvious, I am not as experienced as someone like boss Tost, but he describes Vettel's situation the way I feel about it since last year when I watched Perez (which is related to my low team rating). Perez, technical observers claim, has even more extreme driving style than Vettel. After switch there was quite a lot of wishful thinking around labels, rapid success, new driver, etc. Iconic here, iconic there, just too much BS right from the gate.

“Theory is one thing, reality is another,” as Mr. Tost said. Listen to him, the man might be onto something.

I am not sure how this season ends. It could be curtain for Sebastian, it could be a season representing first year newlyweds and things could be turned around. There is no point for me to speculate, because I just have no feeling for it. Too much is hidden behind mask.

Hamilton might drive next year, it's all possible. AM ownership is after headlines over technical substance, so I perceive them. I wonder what are the sour faces about; I have seen an image of Stroll Jr. somewhere, and his demeanour was projecting anything but happiness. I wonder if he is projecting mood of his father (who is suddenly nowhere to be seen) over the whole situation. 

Further to what I posted..

"Even Fernando Alonso, who fared significantly better than Vettel despite his two-year absence from Formula 1, says he is still slowly readjusting to life at F1 speeds.

“I think all the drivers who have changed teams – Carlos (Sainz), (Daniel) Ricciardo, (Sebastian) Vettel – need more time,” he told the broadcaster DAZN.

“Vettel has to get used to it, Ricciardo is getting used to the brakes, Carlos in some races will not be at 100 percent, so imagine that multiplied by two and a half years away,” Alonso added."

25 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Further to what I posted..

"Even Fernando Alonso, who fared significantly better than Vettel despite his two-year absence from Formula 1, says he is still slowly readjusting to life at F1 speeds.

“I think all the drivers who have changed teams – Carlos (Sainz), (Daniel) Ricciardo, (Sebastian) Vettel – need more time,” he told the broadcaster DAZN.

“Vettel has to get used to it, Ricciardo is getting used to the brakes, Carlos in some races will not be at 100 percent, so imagine that multiplied by two and a half years away,” Alonso added."

Sebastian had whole season to work out his issues last year, and we know how it ended. Sometimes things don't work out. He is not the only one who switched teams, so much is true, but due to his experience, I would have expected for him to sit higher up. Compare to his rivals, he had probably most awful afternoon. Well, in 2 wks we will have another go at it.

Strategy at Bahrain - I think it was going to be always 2 stoppers.  

6 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian had whole season to work out his issues last year, and we know how it ended. Sometimes things don't work out. He is not the only one who switched teams, so much is true, but due to his experience, I would have expected for him to sit higher up. Compare to his rivals, he had probably most awful afternoon. Well, in 2 wks we will have another go at it.

Strategy at Bahrain - I think it was going to be always 2 stoppers.  

There is a reason... He has'nt forgotten how to drive, I refuse to believe that

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

There is a reason... He has'nt forgotten how to drive, I refuse to believe that

Of course he didn't. He is just having difficult to adjust his driving style to a new (for him) car. All what I am saying is, that he may or may not get on the top of it. Last year it come to the point when he lost self-confidence. (His words). I am hoping, as his most veracious fan, he will succeed, but I will understand if he dosen't. Realities of life.