Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Italy 2021

One can only wonder which team managed to use pause between first and second race, and improve their car to the extend we will detect that change from the sidelines. German compatriots predicting difficult time for AM - Vettel. 

Imola may surprise, but I do not expect changes in the front.

RBR / MB fight for podium.

Ferrari / McLaren tagging alone.

Hard to say what the rest of them will do. Alpine might penetrate top 10. Hard to say how AM are prepared. Hopefully it will be better than last time. I do expect Yuki to do well, perhaps even leading the mid-pack.

On The Finish Line - mere 6 cars on the leading lap? 

It's all about speed on this track, to state obvious. Either you have it, or not. Reasons for failure are not accepted, only good results count. 

AM boys - I place them both somewhere between in P8 - P12.

56 minutes ago, Sakae said:

It's all about speed on this track, to state obvious. Either you have it, or not. Reasons for failure are not accepted, only good results count. 

AM boys - I place them both somewhere between in P8 - P12.

AM - They been silently doing their business. Besides the occasional excuses.

Vettel prepared to go in "attack mode". I don't know, maybe that could lead to more erros. It hurts, the position he's in.

I'm hopeful for a strong recovery.

27 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel prepared to go in "attack mode". I don't know, maybe that could lead to more erros. It hurts, the position he's in.

I'm hopeful for a strong recovery.

I saw it, and my thoughts were similar as yours. Point is, if he feels that him and car is one, and it will follow his mere thoughts, then go for it. If however he expects one thing, and car delivers its own will, then it will get messy quickly. 

It has been said that Stroll Jr. is actually a fast driver, and he has beaten Perez a few times. Seb needs to get hold of primacy in race conditions.

22 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Vettel prepared to go in "attack mode"

Y isn`t this, "attack mode".  His "normal" mode?
Does he usually, just sit back in "chill mode"?
Top racin drivers R always IN "attack mode"
The great MSC were always IN "attack mode"

16 hours ago, lipstick79 said:

Y isn`t this, "attack mode".  His "normal" mode?
Does he usually, just sit back in "chill mode"?
Top racin drivers R always IN "attack mode"
The great MSC were always IN "attack mode"

Just a different approach Ms Lipstick, as he gets more aquinted with the car

I am hoping for a change. Not asking for too much, just please, pretty please, as a track opens for practice, I want to see AM drivers out of the garage literally within minutes after clock shows GO, as they are getting grip with the machinery and ambient conditions. It would be BIG change from what we witness thus far this year. Make it happen. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

I am hoping for a change. Not asking for too much, just please, pretty please, as a track opens for practice, I want to see AM drivers out of the garage literally within minutes after clock shows GO, as they are getting grip with the machinery and ambient conditions. It would be BIG change from what we witness thus far this year. Make it happen. 

Yes please

FP1, Sebastian needs to do more. This is no good to sit in P14 (to state obvious). He has now a few laps under his belt in that car, and as a former champ, I was expecting better from him. P5 this weekend would calm me down. 

Just now, BradSpeedMan said:

What are they going to do with Mazepin??? That guy can cause so serious damage during races!!!

I don't expect any changes. Haas needs cash, hence the precious boy stays. Only FiA through demerit points system can play with him, but I doubt he cares one way or another. I had nagging feeling from day one this is going to be headache, and so it is. All what I can do is to just ignore him.

Sebastian is in danger of being irrelevant to F1 racing if this continues. This is not a car alone. He really is not up to his old standard. Psychological? Inability to adapt? I don't know, but this is not a first session he ends up being totally off pace. So, what happened since Bahrain? What has changed? I know, its just practice, but...

2 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Sebastian is in danger of being irrelevant to F1 racing if this continues. This is not a car alone. He really is not up to his old standard. Psychological? Inability to adapt? I don't know, but this is not a first session he ends up being totally off pace. So, what happened since Bahrain? What has changed? I know, its just practice, but...

That's nonsense. He's been driving cars with unstable rears since his intry into F1. Altho said, apparently the car was very rear end unstable last year, which Leclerc loved. It assist is driving style 

It's a mystery. I think maybe Hockenheim 2018 dented Seb

I think too much influence is assigned to the incident in Hockenheim. What is happening to him is not due to a single factor. There is something more pervasive, related to prolonged period.

Seb was in P14  up and down in Bahrain, and here again he was in P14, and sat there for very long tome, until he dropped into P15. (The post was sarcasm on my part.) 

I have no idea what's going on with him. 

Aston Martin want a mid-season rule change due to rake controversy

I can't see it happening. MB is fine (sort off), fight is on under current rules, and who will support AM to change that?