Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Italy 2021

Leclerc ends up in the barriers after losing control of his Ferrari in FP2

Poor, poor boy, trying too hard but no mistake anywhere mentioned in the article. Only Vettel in similar situation committing driver's errors. English media are really something else...phew...

29 minutes ago, Sakae said:

I can't see it happening. MB is fine (sort off), fight is on under current rules, and who will support AM to change that?

Ridiculous.

What are they going to do for the 2022 season. They need to learn to develop their own bloody car.

Wonder what AM sponsor thinks of this

16 hours ago, Sakae said:

I can't see it happening. MB is fine (sort off), fight is on under current rules, and who will support AM to change that?

*Double Post

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I think ATauri have a gem of a car, with the new compact Honda engine. They could end up higher that our predictions

There were signs of it already last year, which was my reason behind high expectations for their season ratings. Moreover, excellent drivers, I must say. Love it.

P3 is over.

Vettel is really loving that P14. 

His TP was describing his mood as forward looking, upbeat and whatever else. In contrast, I am begging to wonder when Sebastian tells them you know what guys, keep the car, I have enough, and I am going home to my wife and kids. 

It is very close, and also a reason why cumulative effect of small loses on lap add to significant drop on a score board.

Yuki experienced what almost all drivers go through sooner or later. Not a big deal. He has a future in this sport. His elimination probably gifted P10 to Stroll, but whatever. It is what it is. Sebastian is not doing well, and that honeymoon with his team will be over soon. I cannot help it, but think Helmut was most likely right telling Seb to sit this season out. There are arguments both ways, but seeing how things are developing, ... there is not much one can say. I have to admit I have no clue what's going on and what are core issues Seb is experiencing in the car. 

3 hours ago, Sakae said:

I have no clue what's going on and what are core issues Seb is experiencing in the car. 

Exactly the SAME issues with the car Seb experienced at Ferrari - It is NOT designed by Newey.
Coincidence

Was there some pushing and shoving or just bump between Hamilton and Verstappen after qualifying? There was something and enough to write an article about it. It could be interesting in race, if the "usually calm" Verstappen let his energy out of gate after lights will go off.

Perez - excellent show. The guy has been really underrated for very long time IMO. I am not sure how please Max is about it.  

Wise heads on his shoulders...

"Probably Imola is the most difficult circuit for a new driver because there are a lot kerbs, you need experience and know what is underneath you," Sainz told RacingNews365.com and select media.

"Maybe us, the new drivers, we are abusing a bit this circuit, the lack of experience we have. You saw [Daniel] Ricciardo, myself, Sebastian [Vettel], Fernando [Alonso], we were all a bit behind our teammates,.

"Probably we didn’t know where exactly the limit is, and how to put the lap together but it will be a matter of time. I am happy with the way I am adapting"

"http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/767481/Sainz_Drivers_with_new_teams_are_struggling/

Well, soothing words by Sainz. Differences between us is in definition where the driver is, and whether the same driver could be as positive and cumulative outcome of his skills and resources to his disposal. Let me explain.

Last year RP (now AM) almost reached P3 in final standing. (I suspect it was rather unexpected gift by underperforming rivals, but that's another story).

This year, due to changes in regulations, AM could drop realistically to P5 - P7 or thereabout with full support of drivers.

Stroll ranking - P8 or thereabout.

Vettel ranking - P5 when fully attuned to his new office. However, due to him being still on a learning curve for not having enough time to practice, he should be about 3 or 4 positions lower than P5. So, to accept Sainz's assertion, I need to see Seb in P8, creeping to that possible P5, race by race.

Instead, I see Seb is hanging P14, P18...WTH. That's not normal in my mind. 

Both Aston Martin drivers' brakes caught fire with the team opting to replace the burnt material on Sebastian Vettel and Lance Stroll's brakes.

(At the start).

Lovely.

There is no break for Vettel. If it is not one thing, then it is other.

Mick Schumacher is getting grip on place where he is. Progress. Love it. Would like to see him (and some flames) next to Yuki.

Seb is actually lucky he is in P15. It could have been easily P18. He is currently bettering off just Haas boys. For how long it's not certain.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Mick Schumacher is getting grip on place where he is. Progress. Love it. Would like to see him (and some flames) next to Yuki.

Absolutely no break. He needs a good race... FAST

30 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Absolutely no break. He needs a good race... FAST

Do you understand why he was in pits 6x?

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

U make UR own luck.  It is only the second race it.  These things even out over a season.
He DOES have the current best PU  - Mercedes in the back of his AM though.
Lando did pretty well as a Mercedes customer.

He is making his own luck? How is he responsible for having to box 6x? Sometimes useless cliche is just annoying.

Dude I think, if U LOOK the correct headin 4 this thread SHOULD B
2021 Emilia Romagna Grand Prix (or words 2 that effect)

Just sayin

What is the procedure to get the name of this forum updated to 'we only like to talk about Sebastian Vettel in here' ... Coz that's all that really happens around here.. DAY AFTER DAY!

What a race with racing brilliance up and down the field.. and all I get to see when I come to this forum is a lot of sob stories about only 1 driver..

please people.. for the SAKE of this forum... take off you Seb tainted glasses when you view a bloody race ya... there is a lot more to F1 then JUST 1 DRIVER!!!!!