Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Portuguese Grand Prix 2021

Round 3 of 2021

We have got an interesting championship on our hands this year as the crazy undulation of Algarve are sure to throw up a good race with the cars bunched up much closer than they were last year.

Mercedes had it pretty easy last year. This year its Redbull that seems to have a better Mechanical grip overall with the changes made to the rear of the floor, It would be interesting to see what's in store. Plus we have a bit of McLaren magic throwing up some surprise..

I guess we all remember last years race for 1 special reason... so here it is :thumb: :

That Amazing 1st lap From Kimi

Official Page to the F1 Portuguese GP 2021

I still get a kick everytime i watch that Kimi vid. He had some luck too, but what a start.

I feel now is crucial for Max to get a headstart, before Merc gets that new update.

No upgrades for Aston Martin in Portimao, Vettel has to wait another week

Noted.

There were a lot of promises made once... 

14 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Is Stroll getting updates?

I am no sure. The article had Vettel in its headline, but I bit my tongue and refused to read it further. I have to assume it's the same for both drivers. Unfortunately I was unable to find that article again. It might had been taken down and replaced with rolling news...

Something is terribly wrong. Seb is where I thought he should be with that car, and time he had with it.

1 minute ago, BradSpeedMan said:

My eyes are wet.

Happy for Seb!!!!!

Mine too...

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

He must have some confidence in the car. 

I am wondering if track temp affected (his way) performance of tires.

So Sainz beat em qualifying expert. He is getting better and better, especially spending more time at the Ferrari factory.

It's amazing how they neglected Seb.

I hope Ferrari does'nt win a championship again in the near-future. I'm sorry, that's just the way I feel

Ocon (French) is chronically underestimated by UK media. To stay polite, I need to stop here. 

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Something is terribly wrong. Seb is where I thought he should be with that car, and time he had with it.

Coming back to this...

Perez and Sainz both said 3-5 races, to get properly aquinted. It's seems very difficult for these new drivers, especially with these tyres.

12 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Coming back to this...

Perez and Sainz both said 3-5 races, to get properly aquinted. It's seems very difficult for these new drivers, especially with these tyres.

Of course. I was joking after all that noise that Jr received special treatment.

Regarding DR - just recall 2014 comments. Vettel did need time to readjust, and instead UK media dumped on him that he was getting beaten by brilliant DR. Today DR seems to be in Vettel's position, and no one is making fun of him.

Lessons learned, regardless of a driver, they have their style, and with matching car, they rake records. If a car is out of synch, than a driver can end up in P14 in a hurry. No mercy in that game. 

I am still lacking understanding what's going on. In all FP s Vettel was competing with Mazespin for last place. Come qualification, and all hell broke loose. Drivers were talking about wind, maybe track temp had something to do with it, I am not sure. Fact is, any small impediment cost driver a lot of places. That's how close they are to each other.   

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Ocon. Wow

Indeed.. Its a pleasant surprise to see him fighting hard.. But its hard to say that this is the full potential of the car, lets not forgot Ric was comprehensively ahead of Ocon last year.. Ocon seems to be against an ageing has been on the other side of the garage, but its too early in the championship to have any firm notions on the performance.. I personally feel he's going to give a tough fight to Alonso, maybe even come out better at the end of the year

Good for Vettel.. Finally.. The AM setup seems to be showing some signs of hope.. again its too early to get high hopes around Vettel with just one Qualifying performance when he has been a dud for the this long. Hope he can find some consistency.

1 hour ago, Sakae said:

Today DR seems to be in Vettel's position, and no one is making fun of him

DR does NOT make a story - that IS Y NOBODY is makin fun of him.
Vettel maximised the RedBull years, settin fastest laps, track records, gaining titles ...
Leavin HIS mark in the record books whilst he COULD.
DR just gets on and does his job.  Vettel KNEW the Red Bull dominance years WOULD come 2 an end - which they DID.
Vettel ensured his name WILL B remembered in F1 - DR just makes up the field, always HAS.
Sponsors and advertisers R NOT interested IN DR - Vettel WILL always HAVE marketability NOW

2 minutes ago, lipstick79 said:

DR does NOT make a story - that IS Y NOBODY is makin fun of him.
Vettel maximised the RedBull years, settin fastest laps, track records, gaining titles ...
Leavin HIS mark in the record books whilst he COULD.
DR just gets on and does his job.  Vettel KNEW the Red Bull dominance years WOULD come 2 an end - which they DID.
Vettel ensured his name WILL B remembered in F1 - DR just makes up the field, always HAS.
Sponsors and advertisers R NOT interested IN DR - Vettel WILL always HAVE marketability NOW

A few days ago YOU have declared on this forum that nobody needs Vettel.

1 minute ago, Sakae said:

A few days ago YOU have declared on this forum that nobody needs Vettel.

Indeed it IS true - Aston Martin IS a brand name - sells itself
Ferrari - sells itself, OBVIOUS reasons.

Nobody NEEDS Vettel NOW  but STILL has marketability in turn he WILL provide something 2 which ever team he drives 4

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

Of course. I was joking after all that noise that Jr received special treatment.

Regarding DR - just recall 2014 comments. Vettel did need time to readjust, and instead UK media dumped on him that he was getting beaten by brilliant DR. Today DR seems to be in Vettel's position, and no one is making fun of him.

Lessons learned, regardless of a driver, they have their style, and with matching car, they rake records. If a car is out of synch, than a driver can end up in P14 in a hurry. No mercy in that game. 

I am still lacking understanding what's going on. In all FP s Vettel was competing with Mazespin for last place. Come qualification, and all hell broke loose. Drivers were talking about wind, maybe track temp had something to do with it, I am not sure. Fact is, any small impediment cost driver a lot of places. That's how close they are to each other.   

👏