Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackpebel

Portuguese Grand Prix 2021

2 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I don't understand. Why should a driver be playing with switches and buttons?? when racing????

In short, life would be far more simpler without them, however with technology in the play, they are as essential for maintaining proper inputs as air we breath. Some changes are initiated by a driver, others by a voice in the ear plug. Limit 3 PU per season are closely controlled and monitored (to last) by bunch of nameless and faceless individuals sitting in the pits, and connected with the driver. (Recently people at the home-base were added at MB to monitor essential data in real time). 

As long as we are running hybrids, buttons will stay, like them or not.

2 hours ago, Sakae said:

In short, life would be far more simpler without them, however with technology in the play, they are as essential for maintaining proper inputs as air we breath. Some changes are initiated by a driver, others by a voice in the ear plug. Limit 3 PU per season are closely controlled and monitored (to last) by bunch of nameless and faceless individuals sitting in the pits, and connected with the driver. (Recently people at the home-base were added at MB to monitor essential data in real time). 

As long as we are running hybrids, buttons will stay, like them or not.

I know it's been happening, I just don't get it

19 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I know it's been happening, I just don't get it

To keep stress on the PU at minimum, engineer will always turn down power to minimum and what is race specific strategically acceptable. This is why when a driver has a ("safe") lead, he will be asked to manage gap. There is no max racing the the finish line anymore.

31 minutes ago, Sakae said:

To keep stress on the PU at minimum, engineer will always turn down power to minimum and what is race specific strategically acceptable. This is why when a driver has a ("safe") lead, he will be asked to manage gap. There is no max racing the the finish line anymore.

Thx

That first MadMax overtake on Hamilton was sublime. The race had some nice touches to it. 

Hamilton for me the driver of the day. Drove brilliantly, attacked when needed and read the race perfectly. It is now two races this season, where he had really impressed me.

It's going to be a titanic battle this year. The prospective challenging the protector. EPIC

Tarmac surface notwithstanding, both protagonists finished race without excursion into farmland. Schumacher finished race, Alonso had not too bad... so it's behind us.

5 hours ago, Sakae said:

As long as we are running hybrids, buttons will stay, like them or not

V8 had buttons but got 2 the stage where FIA banned, all the electronic aids.

5 hours ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Great race by Alonso too

Ocon was a little better, and SLH putting on a masterclass, according to the BBC F1 Chief  F1 writer Andrew Benson. Who was totally right.